Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am currently in the process of buying UKCAT and BMAT books for 2017 entry. I've read online that there are new UKCAT and BMAT tests. E.g. added section in UKCAT.

What are so updated books to study from? I was going to buy the pink Kaplan UKCAT book but I am not sure if it is old or new.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same situation as you. I've heard that a new ISC book is being released soon so I'd say keep an eye out for it.
    Other than that, even older editions will suffice because the new UKCAT section of Decision Making will not be marked for the 2017 entry so all you need to prepare for are verbal, quantitative and abstract reasoning which are given in older books.

Oh, and the SJT too :P

All UKCAT^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ib_hopeful)
    I am currently in the process of buying UKCAT and BMAT books for 2017 entry. I've read online that there are new UKCAT and BMAT tests. E.g. added section in UKCAT.

What are so updated books to study from? I was going to buy the pink Kaplan UKCAT book but I am not sure if it is old or new.
    The kaplan book is quite good, I used it last year and ended up with a better score than I could have imagined.

UKCAT website always have mock exams for you to practice and I'm pretty sure they'll update it for the new tests

ReputationRep:
    How much Physics do you need for BMAT?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the_queen)
    GCSE Level

ReputationRep:
    Which is the most recent version of the Kaplan UKCAT book? Can only see up to 2014 on Amazon

ReputationRep:
    From what i've heard....although the say GCSE level, most of the questions seem harder because apparently they can use GCSE content from any exam board, and also they often use GCSE content but apply it to an A-Level standard etc

ReputationRep:
    The Medify bank of questions is also quite useful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sm11adt)
    From what i've heard....although the say GCSE level, most of the questions seem harder because apparently they can use GCSE content from any exam board, and also they often use GCSE content but apply it to an A-Level standard etc
    Yes, I would agree that some questions seemed more difficult because of studying different exam boards. I remember preparing with friends from other schools, so that we each had experience of various exam board material, and helped each other to understand!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, maybe have a look at the sample papers that the official BMAT website provides it might be helpful to gauge the depth of knowledge needed to answer some of the questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nikita Verma)
    I'm in the same situation as you. I've heard that a new ISC book is being released soon so I'd say keep an eye out for it.
    Other than that, even older editions will suffice because the new UKCAT section of Decision Making will not be marked for the 2017 entry so all you need to prepare for are verbal, quantitative and abstract reasoning which are given in older books.

Oh, and the SJT too :P

All UKCAT^^
    The ISC UKCAT book is coming out next month, and I think there is a BMAT one coming out in the summer too.

ReputationRep:
    Think I would wait till after a level results day and see who is selling their BMAT study material cheaply as theres enough time between then and the exam to prepare.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.