Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Boyfriend calls himself "the boss", "the leader". Thoughts? Watch

My boyfriend refers to himself as "the boss" and "the leader" as if these things are his actual name lol. His siblings call his boss and leader but I thought that was because he was the oldest or something. Like when we're sometimes talking and I interrupt by accident, he'd say to me something along the lines 'Shhh the boss and leader is talking' then when my friends came over he was like the boss this and that when referring to himself etc etc.
    My friends thought it was weird so they pulled me over to the side and told me he's weird however I'm just used to it I guess. He's always referred to himself as ths but I have never once reffered to him as "the boss" or "leader" because he isn't God, my boss, my leader or anything we're he is leading me as a superior figure in some superior position.
    I guess he has an ego...I dunno. But how would you react if he said this to you when referring to himself in a conversation?

ReputationRep:
    I'd struggle to be with anyone who spoke like that, it would drive me up the wall.

ReputationRep:
    If I were a woman and in your situation, I would just burst into laughter the first time I heard him saying that

ReputationRep:
    maybe he has swallowed the redpill

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheRedPill/

ReputationRep:
    Sounds insecure so compensating by putting on fake "alpha male" attempt.

Not uncommon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I guess he has an ego...I dunno. But how would you react if he said this to you when referring to himself in a conversation?
    Ask him whether he models himself after Gary Glitter and "The leader of the pack".

ReputationRep:
    Ask him about a career in team rocket

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My boyfriend refers to himself as "the boss" and "the leader" as if these things are his actual name lol. His siblings call his boss and leader but I thought that was because he was the oldest or something. Like when we're sometimes talking and I interrupt by accident, he'd say to me something along the lines 'Shhh the boss and leader is talking' then when my friends came over he was like the boss this and that when referring to himself etc etc.
    My friends thought it was weird so they pulled me over to the side and told me he's weird however I'm just used to it I guess. He's always referred to himself as ths but I have never once reffered to him as "the boss" or "leader" because he isn't God, my boss, my leader or anything we're he is leading me as a superior figure in some superior position.
    This is the weirdest inferiority complex I have ever seen.

ReputationRep:
    Lol should you not just tell him how weird it sounds? :p:

ReputationRep:
    I think your boyfriend is an absolute lad

ReputationRep:
    You should call him Wing Commander.

ReputationRep:
    you need to spank him. hard.

ReputationRep:
    Pee on him while maintaining eye contact to assert dominance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is he 12?

ReputationRep:
    He's a tit, and a loser; bin him and move on.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't be able to keep a straight face, but if he doesn't insist others call him that it sounds pretty harmless, though amusing

(Original post by frankieboy)
    Sounds insecure so compensating by putting on fake "alpha male" attempt.

Not uncommon.
    Lol. Not uncommon? Woah really?

(Original post by Peli-Pelican)
    I wouldn't be able to keep a straight face, but if he doesn't insist others call him that it sounds pretty harmless, though amusing
    Haha. Yea he tried telling me if I could call him that and I said no so fast he was shocked. So he's asked me to but each time I say no. Oh well.

(Original post by Serine Soul)
    Is he 12?

ReputationRep:
    Lmfaooo

I'd laugh in his face and say "Bish pls, lemme show you who's boss :hand:"

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 20, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.