The Student Room Group

TSR Trading Society- future millionaires unite!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
It's going crazyyy!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 41
Original post by A47
It's going crazyyy!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Indeed it is, but lots of opportunities.

Trade safely though!
Reply 42
I am so glad that I didn't buy anything yesterday.
Reply 43
Really thought Remain would win. Even went long GBP/USD on the initial Sunderland drop. Managed to turn it around during the GBP freefall, redeeming my initial losses somewhat, ended the night +£845. Was expecting way more but not bad for a salvage I guess.
Reply 44
I had money in my trading account (which trades in dollars) I deposit when the rate for cable was 1.47. I did not trade the referendum. Cable fell, withdrew my money for profits I did not expect.

Literally the best trade I've ever done because really, how long would cable have gone if the UK remained? It traded at 1.50 after YouGov poll at 10pm. 1.55? max. Big banks would have cashed out.

Exciting times now.

FTSE100 is higher than it was while the UK was in the EU? Please. With no article 50 triggered it is like another day for everyone. Once they triggered it, those shares will be hit.

Currently, profits are expected to be high due to cheaper export = higher profits for MNC's. Once the Article 50 gets triggered (which should happen by Nov, and if not we should at least know it is about to happen soon at that point) investors will be expecting these big companies to loose on profits due to higher import costs and god knows what will really happen to VAT and other tax involved.

I am heavily looking into buying ftse100 options with december/jan expiry, not to mention cable option and possibly some more mining shares.
Reply 45
Original post by JayPolo
I had money in my trading account (which trades in dollars) I deposit when the rate for cable was 1.47. I did not trade the referendum. Cable fell, withdrew my money for profits I did not expect.

Literally the best trade I've ever done because really, how long would cable have gone if the UK remained? It traded at 1.50 after YouGov poll at 10pm. 1.55? max. Big banks would have cashed out.

I don't think it would have gone that high to 1.55 tbh. At least, not in the short term.
The market had already built in expectations of "Remain" winning so once it was confirmed that the UK would stay, it's likely there would have just been a lot of profit taking which would have pushed the Cable back down.

If you had a look at the Scottish Referendum and its aftermath, once it was confirmed that Scotland would remain with the UK, the Pound fell.
Reply 46
Original post by nucdev
I don't think it would have gone that high to 1.55 tbh. At least, not in the short term.
The market had already built in expectations of "Remain" winning so once it was confirmed that the UK would stay, it's likely there would have just been a lot of profit taking which would have pushed the Cable back down.

If you had a look at the Scottish Referendum and its aftermath, once it was confirmed that Scotland would remain with the UK, the Pound fell.

You are forgetting the fact that cable was priced differently at that time. Run-up to the referendum has seen cable dropping consistently. This time around we have saw a consistent increase, which is why I believe it would have been pushed and only then sold off, not straight away. Winners add to winners.

Also, cable was falling months prior to the Scottish referendum. It was just being priced to its true value.

Don't focus too much on Mr Patel, after all, he got it all wrong.
Reply 47
BoE rate announcement coming up at 12:00. Economists expect interest rates to be cut to 0.25%.

Pound fell against the dollar during early hours but is currently rising as of 11:54
image.jpeg
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 48
Expectations are that no extra QE will be deployed. Possible that pound could fall further if any extra QE announcement does happen.
hellllloooooooooooooooo
lol, I don't trade as I know that whatever I buy, it will crash and go down in flames
Reply 51
guys, I'm new and I would like to know like what age are you guys trading at because I'm struggling to find a broker that lets a 16 year old trade
I'm 16 as well and I haven't found any broker that would let me trade. Therefore, I have paper trading accounts with Interactive Brokers and Investopedia (though the latter isn't realistic, whereas the former is).
(edited 7 years ago)
Excuse my double post, but are you guys systematic (algos) or discretionary?
bump
DeGiro is a decent broker. And dont listen to any of these guys lol trading212 is not trading atall its CFDs, u never actually own any stock you just bet whether its going up or down. but its a good way to start
I don't think that being low cost is equal to being decent. Now, something of a different caliber. Do any of you know the theory of reflexivity in financial markets? If so, what's your view on it and have you tried to apply its principles to your trading/speculation/investing? For your information, the aforementioned theory was developed by George Soros.
How is everyone doing since this society has been active :biggrin:, hows everyones trading doing.... Before I joined this society I was studying and implementing new strategies and could confirm that I am on £1,980 through binary options!!

Hows everyone else doing
Reply 58
Binary options are extremely high risk. Wouldn't advocate anyone touch them with a bargepole, let alone for an amateur. A lot of binary options companies are outright scams that have dodgy policies to make it as hard as possible for you to extract cash once deposited. Beware.

Nothing against you A*, but wealth warning needed
(edited 6 years ago)
My trading activities are going quite well, so far never ended a month with losses. I am mainly focused on commodities and indicies. Sometimes FX comes into play, however I am usually less profitable at it. My trades usually have a time horizon of a few hours.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending