Help
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by I_Mir)
Help
what subject is it for? Generally i would say things like people live longer therefore more likely to get ill which costs the health service more money.
thecatwithnohat
Badges: 20
Report 4 years ago
Is this Sociology?
Betelgeuse-
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
3 weeks to get a doctors appointment and 40 minutes to wait for your prescription because a masse of coffin dodgers think the pharmacy is sunday brunch
glowanti
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This is what I know for geography (if you're talking about sociology or something it may not apply):

The UK is an ageing population because the GDP is increasing as people are becoming more educated, more industrialised and getting better jobs and therefore don't feel a need to have so many children like people in countries like Ghana do (people in LEDC's have more children in hopes that one of them will survive to adulthood and go to university and bring income to the family, because the life expectancy is so low). Therefore, because the UK life expectancy is on the rise, and there is a low TFR (total fertility rate) so there's less children being born, it means that the UK is an ageing population. Impacts of this could include less chances (because there's less people) of young people getting into to university, which could jeopardise the future of the country in terms of democratics, health services etc. It does however mean the life expectancy will KEEP increasing, because there's more resources such as health care, benefits etc to keep people going and give them a better standard of life and quality of life.
Peppercrunch
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
- Higher cost to the government in terms of pension costs
- Increase in jobs catering to the elderly population, such as nurses in care homes
- Heavier burden on NHS services as older people tend to use health services much more frequently
- Grey pound -> spending power of the ageing population

There are much more... I remember doing this in GCSE and AS geography.
In2u
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by I_Mir)
Help
If it's Geography:

Inequality in ages result in less working people meaning less people pay taxes. It results in economic problems to the country so the government has to spend more money on paying off pensions and social care (such as hospitals).
user73867
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Only a big impact if they are on one of those darned mobility scooters. Otherwise, they mostly just bounce off you and break hips and stuff.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (592)
34.06%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (720)
41.43%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (347)
19.97%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.55%

Watched Threads