Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I know this is in the wrong forum but I couldn't find any other anon forums and I'm lazy so here I am. Sorry. Also this is driving me crazy so it's kinda appropriate.

Anyway, I am 17 and looking for a car- I am taking my driving test soon and although it would probably be a good idea to wait and then get a car once I've passed, I've spotted a car I really like and I want to buy it now. It's not a matter of just waiting and getting it later, since it's a private seller, it's a rare custom car and it will be gone pretty soon, I expect.

I am totally broke right now but at the end of next month, I am getting paid about £6000, however that's too far away. So I'm wondering if your wonderful TSR people could give me some advice The issue is, I imagine I won't be able to get a loan since they review your current bank account status and inbound/outbound payments when deciding whether to give you a loan or not. But I can prove that I will be getting this money paid into my account at the end of April, so do you think it would be possible for me to get a loan in the meantime? I only need £2000 to get this car right now, since the guy is trying to sell as fast as possible. Also, if it's relevant, I will be getting similar monthly payments after that so would that increase my chances?

So, does anyone have any advice or possibly even know of a bank/creditor who would accept me fast? I really want this car, so I hope there is some sort of a solution. Thanks
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Pretty sure you can't get a loan, but even if you could, you would absolutely mad to take one out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I know this is in the wrong forum but I couldn't find any other anon forums and I'm lazy so here I am. Sorry. Also this is driving me crazy so it's kinda appropriate.

Anyway, I am 17 and looking for a car- I am taking my driving test soon and although it would probably be a good idea to wait and then get a car once I've passed, I've spotted a car I really like and I want to buy it now. It's not a matter of just waiting and getting it later, since it's a private seller, it's a rare custom car and it will be gone pretty soon, I expect.

I am totally broke right now but at the end of next month, I am getting paid about £6000, however that's too far away. So I'm wondering if your wonderful TSR people could give me some advice The issue is, I imagine I won't be able to get a loan since they review your current bank account status and inbound/outbound payments when deciding whether to give you a loan or not. But I can prove that I will be getting this money paid into my account at the end of April, so do you think it would be possible for me to get a loan in the meantime? I only need £2000 to get this car right now, since the guy is trying to sell as fast as possible. Also, if it's relevant, I will be getting similar monthly payments after that so would that increase my chances?

So, does anyone have any advice or possibly even know of a bank/creditor who would accept me fast? I really want this car, so I hope there is some sort of a solution. Thanks
    You can't get a loan in the UK until you are 18, so unless you can borrow money from a relative or get them to take out a loan for you then there isn't much you can do.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.