Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone doing the EY Smart Futures Easter Programme? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Is there anyone doing this programme during the Easter holidays?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah! Oxford week 1 wbu?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teenhorrorstory)
    Yeah! Oxford week 1 wbu?
    Damn I'm doing it in London. What about week 2? And have they said how much you're getting paid? Bc they haven't told me anything yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theycallmebecca)
    Damn I'm doing it in London. What about week 2? And have they said how much you're getting paid? Bc they haven't told me anything yet
    Paid for what? :s

Nm, got confused with another programme lol

ReputationRep:
    Smart Futures alumni here! I did mine last summer.
    They're doing an Easter Smart Futures now?!! That's great, it's really fun and such a good experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lifeimitates)
    Smart Futures alumni here! I did mine last summer.
    They're doing an Easter Smart Futures now?!! That's great, it's really fun and such a good experience.
    I'm even more excited now! What were your day-to-day responsibilities?

ReputationRep:
    I'm even more excited now! What were your day-to-day responsibilities?
    So mine was a three week programme. Each day we would have a run through a power point just to learn more about EY and the professional services. We would be put into groups and be given a task such as case studies. At the end every group would present to the judges and a winning group would be picked. We did get prizes so we were all competitive.

It really helps if you get along with your peers because we'd all have banter with each other and the team leaders.
    We also went to a law firm in London and teamed up with another EY smart futures group from a different location

We would get lunch (1 hour) and breaks, they would bring food for us, sometimes they even ordered from domino's..

Finally, on the last week we were put into different service lines and worked with the employees.

Honestly it was really fun and I hope you have a great time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lifeimitates)
    So mine was a three week programme. Each day we would have a run through a power point just to learn more about EY and the professional services. We would be put into groups and be given a task such as case studies. At the end every group would present to the judges and a winning group would be picked. We did get prizes so we were all competitive.

It really helps if you get along with your peers because we'd all have banter with each other and the team leaders.
    We also went to a law firm in London and teamed up with another EY smart futures group from a different location

We would get lunch (1 hour) and breaks, they would bring food for us, sometimes they even ordered from domino's..

Finally, on the last week we were put into different service lines and worked with the employees.

Honestly it was really fun and I hope you have a great time!
    Omg that sounds amazing!!! Although, I kinda regret picking the Easter programme instead of the summer programme as that one is a week longer. What kind of prizes did they give you and are you still in contact with any of your peers? Also, how much did they pay you?

ReputationRep:
    I've got my telephone interview this week for the Summer Programme. Can you offer any guidance as to the sort of questions that are asked? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Omg that sounds amazing!!! Although, I kinda regret picking the Easter programme instead of the summer programme as that one is a week longer. What kind of prizes did they give you and are you still in contact with any of your peers? Also, how much did they pay you?
    We got £10 amazon vouchers although I suppose the prizes can vary depending on the location of your programme.
    I am actually still in contact with my peers, we have each others numbers and talk now and then

I got paid £5.13 an hour but considering you'll be there for roughly 7 hours a day, it does accumulate to quite a bit.

ReputationRep:
    Doing mine in the summer! Telephone interview soon, anyone got tips?

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend is doing it in London this Easter. They should have sent you an email with a powerpoint attached when you got accepted. Its got the timetable of what youll be doing and answers a lot of your questions.

ReputationRep:
    He said that he is going to be paid around £6.57 an hour

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.