Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I really know I want to study Law at university, preferably oxford, or any other russell group university. I have taken one AS level already, maths and got an A in it. I am choosing my options now and I am going for English Literature, Law, Biology, the EPQ and History as an AS. However, as I have already done a Maths AS should i not waste time with history? I didn't get 90% on any of the maths papers and this might be a problem for Oxford. Help would be greatly appreciated.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I'm not sure what you're asking. If you don't want to do maths at A2 then don't. Your subject choices are fine.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I've heard that the Law A Level course isn't really good preparation for a Law degree, though I'm not sure whether doing Law A Level is frowned upon, per se.

My understanding was that they are doing away with the AS Level, so are you sure you would be able to study History as just an AS Level?

I feel History would be a better subject to do to full A2 level, rather than Law or Biology. That said, I am not a lawyer... Def keep English and the EPQ though :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    I'm not sure what you're asking. If you don't want to do maths at A2 then don't. Your subject choices are fine.
    slight misunderstanding, I'm not doing A2 maths, I'm just not sure whether to do AS History when I've already got the maths AS

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.