The Student Room Group

Need help on what to do for social work experience

I'm currently year 12 and looking to do social work at univeristy. However many of the places i'm looking at need at least 80-100 hours of social work experience. What kind of things does this include as im quite unsure? And would emailing the universities help just to clarify??
Original post by mlouise555
I'm currently year 12 and looking to do social work at univeristy. However many of the places i'm looking at need at least 80-100 hours of social work experience. What kind of things does this include as im quite unsure? And would emailing the universities help just to clarify??

Hi I've received a conditional place to study social work in September! Generally, the experience needed can be anything linked with social care! For mine, I volunteered as a youth worker and helped at a day centre for the elderly and disabled! universiry websites should give more information though, and also open days talk about this briefly too! I wouldn't focus too much on the amount of hours done but rather what was gained from it! As long as you can relate your experience to social work you should be fine
Reply 2
Usually something social care related (Care homes, youth centres ect)
Children's panel
Personal experience is also useful

Quick Reply

Latest