Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Basically I live like a 30 minutes drive away from my university and I should have a car by then, so I should be able to drive into uni everyday hopefully. The only thing is that this year I feel like my course has been quite dead and, therefore, I have hardly gone in to uni. I do have some friends from uni, but they aren't the best and my social life is pretty dead. It is partly my fault, in the first semester I used to go to societies, but this semester I haven't been to any.

I am just wondering whether it is worth moving out or not, my parents say that the money doesn't matter and it's about what I wanna do. I feel like I would possibly enjoy it living out, but I am not sure if it's worth it cause I don't live that far away and I should be able to drive too.

Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    You should definitely move out, having been university students ourselves , there is nothing funnier than being in a flat with your friends and everything that entails.
    If you want to boost your social life I feel like thats the best way to do it , especially if money is not an issue i would say go for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moment of truth)
    Hey,

Basically I live like a 30 minutes drive away from my university and I should have a car by then, so I should be able to drive into uni everyday hopefully. The only thing is that this year I feel like my course has been quite dead and, therefore, I have hardly gone in to uni. I do have some friends from uni, but they aren't the best and my social life is pretty dead. It is partly my fault, in the first semester I used to go to societies, but this semester I haven't been to any.

I am just wondering whether it is worth moving out or not, my parents say that the money doesn't matter and it's about what I wanna do. I feel like I would possibly enjoy it living out, but I am not sure if it's worth it cause I don't live that far away and I should be able to drive too.

Thoughts?
    If you think moving out would increase your engagement with uni and improve your social life then do consider moving out. However you need to consider who you'd live with. As for the alternative, driving have you checked to see if you could park on campus? Many unis only allow students with disabilities to park.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FreeTheFresher)
    You should definitely move out, having been university students ourselves , there is nothing funnier than being in a flat with your friends and everything that entails.
    If you want to boost your social life I feel like thats the best way to do it , especially if money is not an issue i would say go for it.
    I moved out last year, but had to drop out because I couldn't deal with it so that is always a massive worry I do feel like I have improved a lot since then so it might be alright! I am sure that money is an issue, because one of my other brothers is living out too, but they just want me to be happy and they can tell that I'm not really enjoying it, right now!

(Original post by jelly1000)
    If you think moving out would increase your engagement with uni and improve your social life then do consider moving out. However you need to consider who you'd live with. As for the alternative, driving have you checked to see if you could park on campus? Many unis only allow students with disabilities to park.
    Yeah, I have one of my friends who said that he is willing to move out, but he will probably change his mind, so it might just be me living with strangers

There is parking on campus, as long as you have a permit.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.