Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone seen the cards for this years FN1 oral- what are they like?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this.

Why not try posting in a specific subject forum- you might have more luck there.

Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses.

ReputationRep:
    ahh I'm dying to know too! When's your exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nbrownuk)

i haven't yet when is your exam ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niamhford)
    i haven't yet when is your exam ?
    mine is monday how about you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nbrownuk)
    They're exactly like the past papers u find online they are no different. The examiner will have 2 different piles one green one orange/cream/ yellow I think cant remember. U have to picks card from each pile one is for cards and one with pictures. They're face down so u can't know what topic ur choosing.
    Each pile had "sub piles" idk how to describe it lol so there might be 2 piles of orange and 2 of green and with in each of those sub piles are cards for the different topics. after u choose from 2 cards one from green and one from cream, he/she will check if they're 2 different topics ( this is what the sublimes are for I think) then let u make notes
    Is that confusing ? If it is I'll explain later

When is ur exam? I had it on the 22nd last month.

Don't worry bout it srsly! It's much better than u would have imagined.
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Not until the 5th may but to be honest I would've preferred it earlier so I could get it out the way !
    But you'll be fine i am re-sitting it goes really quickly !
    Good luck !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Exotic-L)
    They're exactly like the past papers u find online they are no different. The examiner will have 2 different piles one green one orange/cream/ yellow I think cant remember. U have to picks card from each pile one is for cards and one with pictures. They're face down so u can't know what topic ur choosing.
    Each pile had "sub piles" idk how to describe it lol so there might be 2 piles of orange and 2 of green and with in each of those sub piles are cards for the different topics. after u choose from 2 cards one from green and one from cream, he/she will check if they're 2 different topics ( this is what the sublimes are for I think) then let u make notes

Good luck!
    Mine is on Monday! I haven't got anything on this weekend, so I'm just going to go over plenty of vocal and hope for the best, maybe try and write some good phrases for different tenses

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Exotic-L)

Good luck!

No that's great what topics did you have?
    Were they okay ?

ReputationRep:
    No that's great what topics did you have?
    Were they okay ?
    I had tourism and fashion I got really lucky cause they're quite easy topics compared to other ones.
    It wasn't as scary as I thought it would be tbh and after u start talking. u actually enjoy it and it goes so quickly. Of course everyone makes mistakes so dont worry out it lol. I only realised the mistakes I made after the exam!😂 . It's really important that u sort of ignore the mistakes and keep going cause ull be really getting into it ( even though u might not know what everything ur saying means)and u might just confuse ur self if u think too hard. It might sound bad when u read this but in the situation it does help. Good luck with ur exam!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ICB)
    Mine is on Monday! I haven't got anything on this weekend, so I'm just going to go over plenty of vocal and hope for the best, maybe try and write some good phrases for different tenses
    Yh haha that's a good idea why didn't I think of that?! 😅 Tenses are important.
    But I think knowing advantages and disadvantages for each topic for the individual and society and having ur own opinion is really important cause then ur can recycle them same phrases or reasons when they ask questions that u havnt prepared for.
    Also try to look over some vocab too.
    Good luck with ur exam!

ReputationRep:
    I've done mine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itssammorgan)
    I've done mine
    How did it go ?
    I have mine Tuesday 😢 Haha what cards did you have ?

ReputationRep:
    How did it go ?
    I have mine Tuesday 😢 Haha what cards did you have ?
    It didn't go too bad at all, I think I did okay. I honestly can't remember what cards I had, it was like two months ago, I think I had the jobs one and something else

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 1, 2016

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.