Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If you apply for a tuition fee loan and maintenance loan, does the overdraft for both show up in your bank account at the same time or does the tuition fee loan show after you left uní?

I think if they do show up at the same time, I will be confused.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I'm not sure I underatand what you mean. But the tuition fee loan goes straight to the uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samzy21)
    If you apply for a tuition fee loan and maintenance loan, does the overdraft for both show up in your bank account at the same time or does the tuition fee loan show after you left uní?

I think if they do show up at the same time, I will be confused.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Your tuition fee loan, maintenance loan and overdraft are all completely separate to each other.

Your maintenance loan will be paid straight to you into the bank account you registered with student finance, it will be paid in 3 instalments (unless a Scottish student, I think their system is monthly) Usually September/October, January and April but it varies by course so your dates may be different.

Your tuition fee loan will go straight to the university in 3 instalments, you won't see a penny of it.

The (assuming student) overdraft is an amount of money your allowed to be in debt with your bank without it incurring fees. Though you will have to pay it back once you finish university (if you are still in it then). Your overdraft has absolutely nothing to do with student finance. Though most banks require your student finance to paid into that account to get student account privileges .

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.