Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

2 years ago (I was 14) it was my first time when I became very sad, and angry at myself. stress at school hit me really hard and my mum put a lot of stress on my shoulders. she insists how I wont study in America if my grades suck and it's my dream... Anw so ny parents are divorced so my dad was never really around... I couldn't help but feel alone and sad. One day I had gotten in a really big fight with my mum and she was literally the only person I had. we had been in a fight for day however I'm starting to get really sad again .
    I have my gcses so I have a lot of stress and anxiety.. I got in a fight with my dad and I haven't seen him in 2 weeks, my cat died and I feel completely alone. if I get in the slightest fight with my mum I feel really bad as she's the only thing I have.. idk what to do.. she suggested for me to go to a psychologist but I don't want to make her pay more for me as she is a single mother that is not offered a lot of support. plus she has so many problems i don't want to add more of it... idk what to do. I'm so lost
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    2 years ago (I was 14) it was my first time when I became very sad, and angry at myself. stress at school hit me really hard and my mum put a lot of stress on my shoulders. she insists how I wont study in America if my grades suck and it's my dream... Anw so ny parents are divorced so my dad was never really around... I couldn't help but feel alone and sad. One day I had gotten in a really big fight with my mum and she was literally the only person I had. we had been in a fight for day however I'm starting to get really sad again .
    I have my gcses so I have a lot of stress and anxiety.. I got in a fight with my dad and I haven't seen him in 2 weeks, my cat died and I feel completely alone. if I get in the slightest fight with my mum I feel really bad as she's the only thing I have.. idk what to do.. she suggested for me to go to a psychologist but I don't want to make her pay more for me as she is a single mother that is not offered a lot of support. plus she has so many problems i don't want to add more of it... idk what to do. I'm so lost
    Have you seen your GP about this? It sounds like a lot to have going on and you could definitely use some help, going private isn't the only option and there's a lot they can do. Your school may also have some kind of counselling or other support on offer so it's worth talking t someone you trust there too. If nothing else there's various charities like Mind that offer reduced or free therapy etc and also online but you should be able to get some other than that- honestly your GP is by far your best bet. Good luck in your GCSEs!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps try looking up the IAPT (improving access to psychological therapy) in your area. They might be able to get you someone to talk to.

Otherwise, I don't know if money will be a prohibiting factor here, but could you join an after school club to meet people your age? I notice you're 16, you might be able to find somewhere to volunteer - looks great on your CV and you will be out meeting people.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 29, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.