Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,
    I originally wished to study at Nottingham Trent University however, i have recently concluded i wish to only be in University for two years.. if i can help it. I have discovered the 2-Year (Fast Track) courses that are available at just a few university's in the country; they are as followed (in no particular order):
    1) University of Northampton, FdA Business Entrepreneurship.
    2) University of Buckingham, BSc (Hons) Business Enterprise
    3) University of Plymouth, BSc Hons Business Enterprise and Entrepreneurship

I am after any advice or reviews regarding these courses as i cannot find anything anywhere.
    The Uni of Buckingham i think appeals to me more than the others however, financially, from what i can see, is not an option due to my household being on no more than £10,000 per year, my options for Uni, financially, is to rely solely on loans, bursaries etc. to get me through, i am aware this means the cheapest uni accommodations (i plan to stay in the uni halls) and that things will be tough.... but as i understand it Buckingham is a private uni.
    I am currently studying BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Business at college and i also have all of my GCSE's from High school at grade C's and above (English an A and Maths a C) My questions arent specific as such, just any information would be most helpful.
    Thanks in advance.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    (Original post by Tiffany_66)
    Hi all,
    I originally wished to study at Nottingham Trent University however, i have recently concluded i wish to only be in University for two years.. if i can help it. I have discovered the 2-Year (Fast Track) courses that are available at just a few university's in the country; they are as followed (in no particular order):
    1) University of Northampton, FdA Business Entrepreneurship.
    2) University of Buckingham, BSc (Hons) Business Enterprise
    3) University of Plymouth, BSc Hons Business Enterprise and Entrepreneurship

I am after any advice or reviews regarding these courses as i cannot find anything anywhere.
    The Uni of Buckingham i think appeals to me more than the others however, financially, from what i can see, is not an option due to my household being on no more than £10,000 per year, my options for Uni, financially, is to rely solely on loans, bursaries etc. to get me through, i am aware this means the cheapest uni accommodations (i plan to stay in the uni halls) and that things will be tough.... but as i understand it Buckingham is a private uni.
    I am currently studying BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Business at college and i also have all of my GCSE's from High school at grade C's and above (English an A and Maths a C) My questions arent specific as such, just any information would be most helpful.
    Thanks in advance.
    Hi, have you applied for the FdA Business Entrepreneurship at the University of Northampton? Drop us an email [email protected] and discuss your options with us. - MS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The University of Northampton)
    Hi, have you applied for the FdA Business Entrepreneurship at the University of Northampton? Drop us an email [email protected] and discuss your options with us. - MS
    I haven't applied yet, no due to not starting university until 2017.

ReputationRep:
    Go to the University of Buckingham you will not regret it.
    Graduate Prospects after the degree are much higher than the other 2 uni's.
    I strongly recommend the University of Buckingham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taran001)
    Go to the University of Buckingham you will not regret it.
    Graduate Prospects after the degree are much higher than the other 2 uni's.
    I strongly recommend the University of Buckingham
    Yer I agree with you, I think it looks the best for me but I believe it to be a private uni. and due to financial situations, I feel I wouldn't be able to afford it

ReputationRep:
    Try and get Bursaries and Grants from the University and possibly scholarships due the best you can
    (Original post by Tiffany_66)
    Yer I agree with you, I think it looks the best for me but I believe it to be a private uni. and due to financial situations, I feel I wouldn't be able to afford it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taran001)
    Try and get Bursaries and Grants from the University and possibly scholarships due the best you can
    Yer thank you ^_^ going to apply for it when the time comes anyways just hoping I can to be honest. Thank you for replying

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.