Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls do you want more to be loved or to be considered beautiful? Watch

• View Poll Results: Which do you value more highly?
    Loved
    87.50%
    Beautiful
    12.50%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrokenLife)
    Errm..excuse me, how is wanting to be respected makes you think like a man? Its a human thing. Everyone wants to be respected regardless of their gender.
    [joke]

(Original post by Zargabaath)
    hahaha that's the biggest over reaction I've ever seen on TSR :rofl:
    Anyway, I'm pretty sure an international model earns enough to afford security and for a spy knowing self defence is sorta obligatory for the job.
    Stop it, I love ruining people's dreams. No no, I think she meant more a Lawrence of Arabia kind of girl? Definitely get raped

ReputationRep:
    Loved by who? Considered beautiful by who?

Being loved. What the point of being beautiful if no one loves me ? Being beautiful is meant to bring love.
    If I'm not beautiful , but loved, then coup de poker !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    Then surely there's the possibility of only being found beautiful by one person?
    No lets say labelled beautiful by the community in general. There might be some odd people here and there who doesn't consider you to be beautiful but the majority does.

(Original post by Jack Straw)
    Had a sex change?
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    You're a girl?
    No, but I wanted to answer the question anyway. :emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biryani007)
    Loved by who? Considered beautiful by who?
    Have edited the OP to make it clearer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    No, but I wanted to answer the question anyway. :emo:
    This flagrant disregard for internet forum etiquette is symptomatic of the demise of TSR and our generation. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Loved. Knowing that people love and care about you is the most wonderful feeling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zill1)
    Bear in mind in might be loved by someone who you don't love back if you choose that option.
    what the hell is the point then?

in this case, beautiful all the way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zill1)
    Have edited the OP to make it clearer.
    Hmm I guess I'd pick being loved, having people care about you and for you to care for is pretty amazing...also being loved surely means you're of good character which is far more important than looks...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alkaline.)
    what the hell is the point then?

in this case, beautiful all the way.
    But there is also the possibility of being loved by the one.

They're both (potentially) poisonous, but if I had to choose one of them, then I'd choose loved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zill1)
    Clearly being loved and to be considered beautiful are top among things for girls to want to achieve/possess. Which would you rate even more highly?

Have a vote. Assume you can only choose one option. Note being loved doesn't necessarily mean being loved by your ideal mate. Also beautiful as in labelled beautiful by the community in general (not a beauty pageant or anything serious). There might be some odd people here and there who doesn't consider you to be beautiful but the majority does.
    Neither. I'd rather be feared

ReputationRep:
    Loved ofc

I rather be loved but if I wasn't beautiful my self esteem would be low thus not loving myself, and no body can love you until you love yourself.

So what's a girl to do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I rather be loved but if I wasn't beautiful my self esteem would be low thus not loving myself, and no body can love you until you love yourself.

So what's a girl to do?
    nice answer.

ReputationRep:
    I guess girls want to be beautiful so that they can be loved. If you are already loved, beauty isn't that important anymore. That is why many married woman are not that fussed about looking good. But after a divorce they go to town with their looks.

ReputationRep:
    Beauty can lead to love but love doesn't ever lead to beauty...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Assan)
    so you go for beauty?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zill1)
    so you go for beauty?
    (Original post by Assan)
    It's a strategic move. One for the chance of two rather than just one.

Love is the ultimate goal but beauty is a form of power.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 19, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.