Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it possible to be friends if you've had sex together? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I was seeing this guy for two months and at started off pretty well. Eventually the bad began to show. He's still on rocky terms with his ex-partner of 7 years, he's due to be in court over burglary and in general he's just overly confident and controlling. He was really fond of me, but after hearing all of this bad information I decided to keep things short and sweet. I did this because I don't like ending anything on bad terms. I didn't initiate contact and began the healing process. It started off well and he hadn't contacted me for nearly three days. He called me tonight and asked if I'd like to go and see him and his friend for a drink. I refused as I had plans, so he insisted we meet up for dinner on Monday. I don't know if he's back with his ex-partner. But if he is, why on earth would he want to see me? When we were sleeping together he made it pretty clear he saw me as just a friend. I began to get feelings for him so tried to detach myself slightly. He was always checking my phone to see who's messaging me, wanting to know where I am and with who etc....He'd call me around 8 times a day and see me near enough every day. Pretty intense for 'friends' don't you think? Anyway my main question is would it be possible to be just friends? There was a connection there and I know deep down he's a good person. But after we've had sex (I lost my virginity to him) I don't know if that'd be possible. Instead of telling him to leave me alone I'm trying to see him occasionally and see if things would fade out that way. It's a tricky situation because none of my friends like him and have refused to be in my company whilst he is there. My parents absolutely can't stand him even though they've met him only twice. Why I am acting like a stupid 14 year old I don't know. I just don't want to end on bad terms because the memories I have are too good. Any advice? Thanks for reading guys.

ReputationRep:
    It is definitely possible but in a situation like that it doesn't sound likely. If you want to be friends but he wants more then no, friendship is not possible, and he is being way too intense for just friendship.

ReputationRep:
    yes it is. in my case anyway

ReputationRep:
    I doubt it in my case.

ReputationRep:
    I've slept with a lot of my female friends. Still friends.

:dontknow:

It's possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MountKimbie)
    I've slept with a lot of my female friends. Still friends.

:dontknow:

It's possible.
    Player player

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phunky_fresh)
    Player player
    Not at all. We're just.....hedonistic

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 23, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.