Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys. I really need your help on this question. I have got an offer of King's Digital assets and media management and a similar offer from Warwick (Digital culture and society). I personally prefer to study in King's because of its Internship module. But is internship opportunity very hard to get ? and how is its course settings?
    Could anyone who studied this programme provide some information on these ?
    Many thanks !!

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    My name is Gergana, I am currently in the last phase of the course! I must say I signed up for this master program for the exact same reason - the internship module. It is indeed a great choice and opportunity for everyone planning to start working in the industry straight after graduation. The way this module is taught is slightly different from all the rest. You have some lectures (roughly five) giving you an insight of the application and interview process, business environment and the assignment (4000 words reflective report). Finding an internship and securing a place is a student's responsibility. I think the idea is to prepare you for what is out there on the "market". However, there is the Careers and Employability Center supporting you right from the beginning until the end. The staff are available for meetings, CV advises, interview trainings and etc. Basically any support you need throughout your application and internship. In addition, they are sending you via email lists of internship opportunities on which students from Kings have a priority access or in other cases are targeted towards only King's students. That is how I managed to find and complete my internship. Those organisations tend to be more open minded in terms of your availability. Because often you have to find the right balance between your studies and the hours you devote to your internship. The contract you will sign for your internship is between the organisation, the university and yourself which is your guarantee for quality experience and good working environment. I would not say it is hard to find an internship, because there is plenty of time and support on this. What I will emphasize though, with risk of repeating myself again is the opportunities which this internship, completed successfully and within a desired organisation, can give you - part-time/full-time job, connections, experience, skills, great for your CV. In the end of the day it is entirely up to you to make the best out of it
    Hope all of this is helpful...however if you have any further questions, I am more than happy to answer them
    And GOOD LUCK!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gerganaga)
    Hey
    My name is Gergana, I am currently in the last phase of the course! I must say I signed up for this master program for the exact same reason - the internship module. It is indeed a great choice and opportunity for everyone planning to start working in the industry straight after graduation. The way this module is taught is slightly different from all the rest. You have some lectures (roughly five) giving you an insight of the application and interview process, business environment and the assignment (4000 words reflective report). Finding an internship and securing a place is a student's responsibility. I think the idea is to prepare you for what is out there on the "market". However, there is the Careers and Employability Center supporting you right from the beginning until the end. The staff are available for meetings, CV advises, interview trainings and etc. Basically any support you need throughout your application and internship. In addition, they are sending you via email lists of internship opportunities on which students from Kings have a priority access or in other cases are targeted towards only King's students. That is how I managed to find and complete my internship. Those organisations tend to be more open minded in terms of your availability. Because often you have to find the right balance between your studies and the hours you devote to your internship. The contract you will sign for your internship is between the organisation, the university and yourself which is your guarantee for quality experience and good working environment. I would not say it is hard to find an internship, because there is plenty of time and support on this. What I will emphasize though, with risk of repeating myself again is the opportunities which this internship, completed successfully and within a desired organisation, can give you - part-time/full-time job, connections, experience, skills, great for your CV. In the end of the day it is entirely up to you to make the best out of it
    Hope all of this is helpful...however if you have any further questions, I am more than happy to answer them
    And GOOD LUCK!!!
    Hey Gergana, I am very grateful to hear your sincere and really helpful sharing!! I have accepted King's offer and what you said really assured my choice! Thanks agian!!Right now I am preparing for the new journey. I heard in the King's facebook group that we will receive a email which tells us to choose desired module. I am definitely going to fight for the Internship module (seems this module is quite popular and selective). How is everything going in London btw? Getting close to the end of the course must be a little bit busy. Anyway, it was very nice of you to make time and solve my doubt.

ReputationRep:
    I'm debating the same thing myself atm! But I've accepted my offer, now I'm questioning if I should do a taught module or the internship. What do you think?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.