Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

New male oral contraception. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesome Genius)
    Most of the guys on TSR don't need contraception. They need a miracle.
    lmaoooo savage

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    Talk about old news, this is from June 2015.

We have heard it time and time again. I am yet to see anything come of it.
    Yeah, I was asking if any males would use it if it comes out...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    Yeah, I was asking if any males would use it if it comes out...
    That can already be answered on Google.

ReputationRep:
    I am asking TSR for some opinions.

ReputationRep:
    Talk about old news, this is from June 2015.

We have heard it time and time again. I am yet to see anything come of it.
    It can take upwards of 10 years for new drugs and treatments to come onto the market. You may be waiting a while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    TorpidPhil
    Talk about old news, this is from June 2015.We have heard it time and time again. I am yet to see anything come of it.
    (Original post by The_Last_Melon)
    It is very important for this to exist because currently women in civilised countries have a monopoly on human existence and thus a god-like status in society.Woman takes pill, man ****s her, women doesn't get preggers.Woman stops taking pill, man continues to **** her, she gets preggers without his knowledge.This can stop if the pill for men arrives! NO MORE BABY CAITLIN JENNERS, MEN WILL LIVE.PRAISE SCIENCE.
    (Original post by jammy4041)
    Not really. At least...not yet. When the female oral contraceptive came out they completely got the dosage wrong, and they didn't really understand the effects it would have on women and their bodies. Especially when you consider the proven links to pulmonary embolisms and blot clotting. Turns out the dosage could have been reduced by a third.Also, worth keeping in mind that the male oral contraceptive obviously has no STI preventing effects, and the only real way to prevent most of those are condoms. I know you should have more than one form of contraception, but they're the most...uh...elegant solution.
    These are all points I agree with. One should be very hesitant to ever allow themselves to be a guinea pig for a new type of drug that is released... Lots can go wrong. It seems especially silly when the female options atm are as safe as they are (not entirely safe, but likely far safer than this will be when it is released). Perhaps 10 years after it is released or so though if I still care...

Also I should note my gf at least said that she'd trust me on it and thus have sex with just a male pill being used as the contraceptive method, assuming of course it was equally effective as the , So at least she trusts me! She did put a fairly big 'errrm' before hand though lol. Women too rarely consider the fact that men have to put such trust in women when making the decision in a LTR to not use condoms...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/wom...verything.html

Finally, Women may not be the only ones using oral contraception...Apparently oral contraception is coming out for men too!
    Men...Would any of you use these?
    A-MAZ-ING!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    These are all points I agree with. One should be very hesitant to ever allow themselves to be a guinea pig for a new type of drug that is released... Lots can go wrong. It seems especially silly when the female options atm are as safe as they are (not entirely safe, but likely far safer than this will be when it is released). Perhaps 10 years after it is released or so though if I still care...

Also I should note my gf at least said that she'd trust me on it and thus have sex with just a male pill being used as the contraceptive method, assuming of course it was equally effective as the , So at least she trusts me! She did put a fairly big 'errrm' before hand though lol. Women too rarely consider the fact that men have to put such trust in women when making the decision in a LTR to not use condoms...
    All the guys who have had kids against their will because their woman had forgotten to take the pill or worse, deliberately lie about using it must be praising this

ReputationRep:
    All the guys who have had kids against their will because their woman had forgotten to take the pill or worse, deliberately lie about using it must be praising this
    Yep. The sad thing is though that it likely will take 10 years before it comes out to the public and another 10 or 20 years for it to be safe to use, so most of us around right now won't really see the major benefits. It's nice that my potential children (which are hopefully planned!) will have this benefit though. Hey, it's just fairer for both genders.

I can't believe one of my economics tutors actually had this happen to him, well I can, but I can't believe he told me the story of it lol. Although this was sneakier than the pill - his woman said she has an IUD installer when she never did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    Yep. The sad thing is though that it likely will take 10 years before it comes out to the public and another 10 or 20 years for it to be safe to use, so most of us around right now won't really see the major benefits. It's nice that my potential children (which are hopefully planned!) will have this benefit though. Hey, it's just fairer for both genders.

I can't believe one of my economics tutors actually had this happen to him, well I can, but I can't believe he told me the story of it lol. Although this was sneakier than the pill - his woman said she has an IUD installer when she never did.
    That's just wrong; plain and simple. Lying to someone like that is despicable

I identify as feminist but I do think men should have more reproductive rights than they do at the present time. It would even out the situation a lot to have men in charge of their own contraception without having to use condoms

ReputationRep:
    That's just wrong; plain and simple. Lying to someone like that is despicable

I identify as feminist but I do think men should have more reproductive rights than they do at the present time. It would even out the situation a lot to have men in charge of their own contraception without having to use condoms
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Bath_Student)
    Surely if a couple want a child, they will do so irrespective of their birth control method. If, however, they don't want a child, then similarly they won't. Where's the "god-like status"?
    You're talking to a MRAwron who thinks that millions of women can't wait to trap some poor man into being a father, before kicking him out and claiming half his income forever as child support.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 20, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.