Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm a guy.

ReputationRep:
    Well i think this whole skinny epidemic is messed up- we're teaching kids to starve themselves, women are dropping below a healthy size 10 (approx 9-12 stone) to look like teenage boys and men are pumping themselves up until they look like they are going to explode. Nobody should be below 8 stone, regardless of height- i think up to 16 stone looks great on a guy or a girl.

All the girls in my uni like fat hairy guys, even the barbie doll types. The idea of men who go to gym makes us think they won't have time for us, they'll choose their body first. Men who are super thin makes us feel uncomfortable to eat in front of them. So 13 stone is a great weight. You're healthy and therefore attractive.

What's more attractive- is people who are happy in their own skin, as much as we want to change our bodies, there will always be fat people and there will always be sickly thin people, just as their will be chubby, skinny-fat, curvy etc.....just live and be happy to be alive. There will always be someone fatter than you,taller than you, shorter than you, thinner than you, more muscles than you....some people live with physical defects and disabilities. Who even cares?

Don't conform to the celebrity status, you're not in the world of celebs, you're in real life.....

ReputationRep:
    Your fine! Im 5ft 10 and around 10 stone and I'm struggling to put weight in - be happy where you are because that is HEALTHY!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GreekTea)
    Well i think this whole skinny epidemic is messed up- we're teaching kids to starve themselves, women are dropping below a healthy size 10 (approx 9-12 stone) to look like teenage boys and men are pumping themselves up until they look like they are going to explode. Nobody should be below 8 stone, regardless of height- i think up to 16 stone looks great on a guy or a girl.

All the girls in my uni like fat hairy guys, even the barbie doll types. The idea of men who go to gym makes us think they won't have time for us, they'll choose their body first. Men who are super thin makes us feel uncomfortable to eat in front of them. So 13 stone is a great weight. You're healthy and therefore attractive.

What's more attractive- is people who are happy in their own skin, as much as we want to change our bodies, there will always be fat people and there will always be sickly thin people, just as their will be chubby, skinny-fat, curvy etc.....just live and be happy to be alive. There will always be someone fatter than you,taller than you, shorter than you, thinner than you, more muscles than you....some people live with physical defects and disabilities. Who even cares?

Don't conform to the celebrity status, you're not in the world of celebs, you're in real life.....
    What the actually hell are you talking about? Where are you getting this nonsense? You cannot blanket state how much people should weigh "regardless of height" that is beyond illogical. And at my height 16 stone would be morbidly obese.

Please please tell me you're joking.

ReputationRep:
    At OP your BMI is just about in the overweight category, but not enough for it be a major issue (you're only 9lbs over). If you're unhappy with your weight though then try to lose a little bit of weight.

ReputationRep:
    Nobody should be below 8 stone, regardless of height- i think up to 16 stone looks great on a guy or a girl.
    lolwhat, 16 stone is 224 lbs, literally 99.9% of all women will be obese at that weight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    What the actually hell are you talking about? Where are you getting this nonsense? You cannot blanket state how much people should weigh "regardless of height" that is beyond illogical. And at my height 16 stone would be morbidly obese.

Please please tell me you're joking.
    An adult should never weigh less than 8 stone- it's on all of the national health charts that 7-8 stone at 4ft11 to 6ft is clinically underweight and in danger of serious health risks.

Of course most adults aren't going to be less that 4ft11, hense why the adult charts start at 4ft11 and end at 7ft. Speaking about adults who are less than 4ft11 or over 7ft would be speaking in minority and different rules and regulations would apply to them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greg Jackson)
    lolwhat, 16 stone is 224 lbs, literally 99.9% of all women will be obese at that weight
    Where did you pull 99.9% of women? the average woman is 5ft5.

http://www.mybodygallery.com/photos-...6#.Vu2UGeKLTIU

If this woman, at 5ft5 and a size 16 looks obese to you- you need your head testing.

ReputationRep:
    An adult should never weigh less than 8 stone- it's on all of the national health charts that 7-8 stone at 4ft11 to 6ft is clinically underweight and in danger of serious health risks.

Of course most adults aren't going to be less that 4ft11, hense why the adult charts start at 4ft11 and end at 7ft. Speaking about adults who are less than 4ft11 or over 7ft would be speaking in minority and different rules and regulations would apply to them.
    You said in your previous post "regardless of height" and are now in this post comparing it to height. I'm 4'9 and perfectly healthy under 8 stone.

You may also notice that how much you should weight ideally massively depends on height in those charts, you cannot say oh your should be at least 8 stone at this height and then continue to use that weight for someone a foot taller than them.

You have 0 clue what you are talking about and are very clearly misrepresenting data.

You also haven't explained why you blanket stated 16 stone is an attractive weight for men and women. You very clearly are adament certain weights = underweight and so bad. But you have completely ignored that for some heights 16 stone = overweight to obese and so also bad.

ReputationRep:
    Where did you pull 99.9% of women? the average woman is 5ft5.

http://www.mybodygallery.com/photos-...6#.Vu2UGeKLTIU

If this woman, at 5ft5 and a size 16 looks obese to you- you need your head testing.
    You didn't say size 16 in your post, you said 16 stone. And if you look at the chart you posted to me 5'5 and 16 stone is right in the middle of obese and very obese.

It's also worth noting if you meant to say size 16 and not 16 stone, how someone looks in clothes sizes varies massively by height and body shape. A 5ft woman at a size 16 is going to look nothing like a size 16 woman at 5ft7

Also sizing is not standard across the board, there is no real regulatory body for standardized clothes sizes. A size 16 in one shop could be a 12 in another.

ReputationRep:
    You said in your previous post "regardless of height" and are now in this post comparing it to height. I'm 4'9 and perfectly healthy under 8 stone.

You may also notice that how much you should weight ideally massively depends on height in those charts, you cannot say oh your should be at least 8 stone at this height and then continue to use that weight for someone a foot taller than them.

You have 0 clue what you are talking about and are very clearly misrepresenting data.

You also haven't explained why you blanket stated 16 stone is an attractive weight for men and women. You very clearly are adament certain weights = underweight and so bad. But you have completely ignored that for some heights 16 stone = overweight to obese and so also bad.

Generally speaking, adults aren't under 4ft11, so therefore discluding children's heights, regardless of height- no adult should be under 8 stone. Obviously where not talking about 3ft people so why would i state every single height when i could speak generally- i'm hardly going to sit here and say 'oh, well if you're 2 inches tall you shouldn't really be 13 stone'- he has stated his height and 13 stone is fine.

"You also haven't explained why you blanket stated 16 stone is an attractive weight for men and women."

1)Because i think 16 stone is a nice size for 4ft 11 plus. I have friends of these heights and weights and like their figure better than my size 8/10 at 5ft 8.

2)Because it's a free world.

3)Because i'm allowed to have a different opinion to you.

4) Because i can, not everybody wants your figure- you're not as perfect as you clearly think you are.

"You have 0 clue what you are talking about and are very clearly misrepresenting data"- what because your height is in the minority of adults and my discussion didn't include you personally. At least i'm telling this guy to be happy in his own skin, you're the one trying to knock him down by telling him he needs to lose weight.

ReputationRep:
    You didn't say size 16 in your post, you said 16 stone. And if you look at the chart you posted to me 5'5 and 16 stone is right in the middle of obese and very obese.

It's also worth noting if you meant to say size 16 and not 16 stone, how someone looks in clothes sizes varies massively by height and body shape. A 5ft woman at a size 16 is going to look nothing like a size 16 woman at 5ft7

Also sizing is not standard across the board, there is no real regulatory body for standardized clothes sizes. A size 16 in one shop could be a 12 in another.
    Well a woman at 16 stone is hardly going to weigh 4 stone. At a size 16, she should be a minimum of 14 stone. I like size 16 people, i like people who weigh 16 stone. It doesn't really matter which i talk about- i like both.

ReputationRep:
    At OP your BMI is just about in the overweight category, but not enough for it be a major issue (you're only 9lbs over). If you're unhappy with your weight though then try to lose a little bit of weight.
    He needs to loose 9lbs? he's 5ft 10 for christ sake....

ReputationRep:
    He needs to put 9lbs on? he's 5ft 10 for christ sake....
    Nowhere did I say he needs to put 9lbs on. It says in my post he is 9lbs over into the bmi overweight category for his height.

ReputationRep:
    Generally speaking, adults aren't under 4ft11, so therefore discluding children's heights, regardless of height- no adult should be under 8 stone. Obviously where not talking about 3ft people so why would i state every single height when i could speak generally- i'm hardly going to sit here and say 'oh, well if you're 2 inches tall you shouldn't really be 13 stone'- he has stated his height and 13 stone is fine.

"You also haven't explained why you blanket stated 16 stone is an attractive weight for men and women."

1)Because i think 16 stone is a nice size for 4ft 11 plus. I have friends of these heights and weights and like their figure better than my size 8/10 at 5ft 8.

2)Because it's a free world.

3)Because i'm allowed to have a different opinion to you.

4) Because i can, not everybody wants your figure- you're not as perfect as you clearly think you are.

"You have 0 clue what you are talking about and are very clearly misrepresenting data"- what because your height is in the minority of adults and my discussion didn't include you personally. At least i'm telling this guy to be happy in his own skin, you're the one trying to knock him down by telling him he needs to lose weight.

Do you even read what you post? Your first 2 sentences didn't even make any sense.

I am not a child and I am under 4'11 so again, don't blanket state that I'm unhealthy for being under 8 stone. You have no idea what you are talking about.

1)16 stone at 4'11 is very obese.

2) obviously

3)never said you weren't

4)nowhere have I stated I am perfect nor implied it

I have no knocked him down, I just said if he is unhappy with his weight he can change it.

ReputationRep:
    Nowhere did I say he needs to put 9lbs on. It says in my post he is 9lbs over into the bmi overweight category for his height.
    I said that to trip you up. So you admit you're calling him fat?...overweight?

Sounds to me like you're having your own confidence issues. Nearly all your comments on other posts are abussive, cruel, degrading and unnecessary.

ReputationRep:
    I said that to trip you up. So you admit you're calling him fat?...overweight?

Sounds to me like you're having your own confidence issues. Nearly all your comments on other posts are abussive, cruel, degrading and unnecessary.
    what in the world are you talking about?

ReputationRep:
    Well a woman at 16 stone is hardly going to weigh 4 stone. At a size 16, she should be a minimum of 14 stone. I like size 16 people, i like people who weigh 16 stone. It doesn't really matter which i talk about- i like both.
    really you don't say? 16 stone doesn't equal 4 stone? wow.

that doesn't even make any sense, where are you getting this? why does size 16 mean minimum 14 stone?

Fine, like whatever you like. I don't mind in the slightest what you like. My issue is that nothing you say makes any sort of logical sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coolisbelieveing)
    I'm a guy.
    You're perfect just the way you are mate. Sorry for all the notifications and arguments.

ReputationRep:
    You're an attention seeker. The world doesn't revolve around you.
    This poor guy has asked a basic question and simply needed a confidence boost.

And what? My first two sentences didn't make sense? but you understood them fully, could read them AND commented back. Riiiight.

SophieSmall2 weeks agoNow really princess did your parents not love you that much? I can see now why you're such an angry person. There there.What you said to this girl was downright disgusting. Get over yourself, shouldn't take long if you're only 4ftjack-all

You're a straight up troller out to cause trouble.

lol seriously? Honestly. :rofl:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.