The Student Room Group

2018 Veterinary applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by luberry
Sorry to hear that.. could be worth emailing them to see if they will give you a reason for rejecting you.

Thanks, I just did. Hoping for the best :smile: At least I've gotten three interviews, so i'm not as gutted as I would be. Still devastated, my heart was quite set on Bristol!

Original post by animalmagic
I seem to recall someone got rejected from Bristol as they didn't return their work experience and personal attributes form as it had gone into their spam folder. Could that have happened to you? Definitely worth contacting them tomorrow just in case they did send it to you and you didn't get it.

phew, you have no idea how much weight off my shoulders this gave me. Trying not to get my hopes up, but I did give in and contact them. Not sure if it's still too late for them though. Are they still grading questionnaires? I'm a bit concerned about being so late into the application process. Anyway, what I really would like is some closure :biggrin: Thanks for the reply, it was much appreciated <3
Original post by goldenoak
what stations would be in a vet MMI?

idk, as far as I know there's gonna be stuff that's generally about you ("why do you want to be a vet?" and the likes), ethics scenarios, possibly stuff about recent developments or asking you to comment on your work ex, more general questions about the role of vets or diversity in the vet industry, and then possibly acting stations or stations testing your problem solving skills in subject related areas.

I hear that some interviews ask some pretty advanced stuff, and don't actually expect you to know it (after all, you aren't a vet yet!). They just, above all, want to know how you think and if you have the mental capacity to handle the course. At least, that's what I was told by my vet who graduated from Glasgow. He said his interview was a breeze and that we shouldn't worry too much.

Then again, he's a prodigy that could probably create rapport with a cadaver. But yeah, that's my take on it!
Original post by GreenDucks
I've got a Cambridge interview on Wednesday at St Catharine's :s-smilie: from looking at the stats from previous years the total number of applicants has decreased but as you say, there may be more applicants than normal this year for Cambridge...

Which college did you apply to?

Ooh good luck; I went for one of the larger colleges and yeah for vet med i think so- i was at another interview and half of them had applied for cambridge which is highly unusual
Tell me how your one goes!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by CrazyPantha27
I haven't heard anything from Notts either, I don't think anyone has. My liverpool interview is friday.

Btw, I know everyone in the past says that Liverpool is really friendly and hte people who greet you are but the interviewers are still pretty stoic. Keep that in mind because i got a little bit of a shock. Also, 5 minutes is much shorter than you imagine so mentally prepare. It's not a nightmare just harder than i was told it would be
Hi guys
I received the email a couple of weeks ago from RVC inviting me for an interview, however it hasn't updated on track. Has this happened for anyone else? I'm not sure whether I should contact admissions, I don't want to waste their time as they're so busy at the moment.
Thank you 😊
Original post by CML2000
Hi guys
I received the email a couple of weeks ago from RVC inviting me for an interview, however it hasn't updated on track. Has this happened for anyone else? I'm not sure whether I should contact admissions, I don't want to waste their time as they're so busy at the moment.
Thank you 😊

Yep! I guess it's normal. Had the same for Surrey. :smile: They only update it if you get rejected or offered a place! Good luck with your interview!
Original post by amelinedamy
Yep! I guess it's normal. Had the same for Surrey. :smile: They only update it if you get rejected or offered a place! Good luck with your interview!

Ahh right, thank you for your help! And thank you 😊
Original post by CML2000
Hi guys
Thank you 😊

RVC updated track and I had to confirm that I would be going to the interview on there as well as replying to their email! So it is probably worth contacting them. :smile:
Original post by pacb10
RVC updated track and I had to confirm that I would be going to the interview on there as well as replying to their email! So it is probably worth contacting them. :smile:

Oh right I've just sent them an email but I might ring to double check tomorrow. It hasn't been updated for my Liverpool interview either, do you think it would be a good idea to contact them too? Thank you for your help :smile:
Original post by CML2000
Oh right I've just sent them an email but I might ring to double check tomorrow. It hasn't been updated for my Liverpool interview either, do you think it would be a good idea to contact them too? Thank you for your help :smile:

Track didn’t update for my liverpool interviews this year or last year! The only one out of Edinburgh, Bristol, RVC, Liverpool and Surrey to update track when you get an interview is RVC, so I wouldn’t worry about Liverpool :smile: when’s your liverpool interview? Mine is tomorrow!
Original post by pacb10
Track didn’t update for my liverpool interviews this year or last year! The only one out of Edinburgh, Bristol, RVC, Liverpool and Surrey to update track when you get an interview is RVC, so I wouldn’t worry about Liverpool :smile: when’s your liverpool interview? Mine is tomorrow!

That's a relief then, thanks! :smile: mine is on Friday, so nervous but so excited! Good luck with yours!😃
Original post by CML2000
That's a relief then, thanks! :smile: mine is on Friday, so nervous but so excited! Good luck with yours!😃

Thank you! You too :smile:
Original post by GreenDucks
I've got a Cambridge interview on Wednesday at St Catharine's :s-smilie: from looking at the stats from previous years the total number of applicants has decreased but as you say, there may be more applicants than normal this year for
Cambridge...

Which college did you apply to?

Hey! I also have an interview at St Catherine's on Wednesday! 😀 So excited but also so nervous 😩 do you mind if I ask what time yours is? 😀
Reply 2013
Original post by CML2000
Hi guys
Thank you 😊

Same here :smile:
Original post by CML2000
Hi guys
Thank you 😊

This happens quite often, I only once got an update on track about interviews and I had three in total so don’t worry! If you have an email that is enough 😊
Hi, been creeping on this thread for ages but not posted anything yet! I have an interview at Liverpool on Thursday (which is definitely my first choice so I am super nervous!) and still waiting to hear from Edinburgh and Notts. Unfortunately, I was rejected from RVC for not filling in the work experience form. I was devastated as my college told me it would be emailed to me if one was required and all the other units emailed it to me! Did anyone else have the same issue? RVC replied saying that unlike all the others, they don't email out forms so unfortunately I missed out on it. It didn't show up on my UCAS either and all the others did. Personally I feel like this is super unfair because I was given the wrong information by my college (who are absolutely useless, I get no support at all!) and feel like this policy favours candidates who go to better colleges, and have parents who are really supportive with their application (my mum doesn't even know what UCAS is!) IT's so annoying as I liked London a lot and Ive done about 20 weeks of work ex at small animal practices, farms, large animal hospitals, abattoirs, labs etc etc Anyway, enough of a rant just wandered if anyone was in a similar position? Still got an interview for Liverpool so looking forward to that! Has anyone had Liverpool interviews yet, I'm excited!
Original post by emilygraceb2408
Hi, been creeping on this thread for ages but not posted anything yet! I have an interview at Liverpool on Thursday (which is definitely my first choice so I am super nervous!) and still waiting to hear from Edinburgh and Notts. Unfortunately, I was rejected from RVC for not filling in the work experience form. I was devastated as my college told me it would be emailed to me if one was required and all the other units emailed it to me! Did anyone else have the same issue? RVC replied saying that unlike all the others, they don't email out forms so unfortunately I missed out on it. It didn't show up on my UCAS either and all the others did. Personally I feel like this is super unfair because I was given the wrong information by my college (who are absolutely useless, I get no support at all!) and feel like this policy favours candidates who go to better colleges, and have parents who are really supportive with their application (my mum doesn't even know what UCAS is!) IT's so annoying as I liked London a lot and Ive done about 20 weeks of work ex at small animal practices, farms, large animal hospitals, abattoirs, labs etc etc Anyway, enough of a rant just wandered if anyone was in a similar position? Still got an interview for Liverpool so looking forward to that! Has anyone had Liverpool interviews yet, I'm excited!

Hey!
Well done for your interview! Best of luck :wink:
I basically had the same thing, at least for the rejection. I'm actually french so my school is not helping me in my application. I had filled in the form and was pretty sure that I had done the right number of work experience's weeks required by RVC. Although got rejected because (this I knew after calling them) they thought that during two weeks in a lab practice I wasn't in contact with animals. But I was all the time. So they asked me so send an email explaining exactly my duties during these two weeks. Long story short they are reconsidering my application. All of this was to say that they quite are open-minded and seeking students so if you explain them the problem by phone they might give you another chance. You should really try calling them knowing that it is pretty unfair and that you've done so many interesting work experiences! They would just be missing an incredible student :wink: so do it :wink:
Original post by amelinedamy
Hey!
Well done for your interview! Best of luck :wink:
I basically had the same thing, at least for the rejection. I'm actually french so my school is not helping me in my application. I had filled in the form and was pretty sure that I had done the right number of work experience's weeks required by RVC. Although got rejected because (this I knew after calling them) they thought that during two weeks in a lab practice I wasn't in contact with animals. But I was all the time. So they asked me so send an email explaining exactly my duties during these two weeks. Long story short they are reconsidering my application. All of this was to say that they quite are open-minded and seeking students so if you explain them the problem by phone they might give you another chance. You should really try calling them knowing that it is pretty unfair and that you've done so many interesting work experiences! They would just be missing an incredible student :wink: so do it :wink:

Thank you, I think I will appeal it, it's so frustrating when I've worked hard and been doing placements since I was 12 but at the end of the day I missed the form so thinking it will probably just end up with them saying I shouldn't have missed it! Good luck with your application!
Original post by emilygraceb2408
Thank you, I think I will appeal it, it's so frustrating when I've worked hard and been doing placements since I was 12 but at the end of the day I missed the form so thinking it will probably just end up with them saying I shouldn't have missed it! Good luck with your application!

Definitely is frustrating! Good luck calling them. Keep us informed of how it went!!
Original post by paurok89
Hello guys, what is the cheapest way to get from Luton Airpot to Surrey university?

Hey, I'm currently at surrey uni and live just north of luton so would say your best bet is to get a train down to st. pancras, underground over to waterloo then train to guildford. Once you're at guildford station it's quite a walk to the vet school so would suggest an Uber or a bus. hope that helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending