Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pacb10)
    Track didn’t update for my liverpool interviews this year or last year! The only one out of Edinburgh, Bristol, RVC, Liverpool and Surrey to update track when you get an interview is RVC, so I wouldn’t worry about Liverpool when’s your liverpool interview? Mine is tomorrow!
    That's a relief then, thanks! mine is on Friday, so nervous but so excited! Good luck with yours!😃
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CML2000)
    That's a relief then, thanks! mine is on Friday, so nervous but so excited! Good luck with yours!😃
    Thank you! You too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GreenDucks)
    I've got a Cambridge interview on Wednesday at St Catharine's from looking at the stats from previous years the total number of applicants has decreased but as you say, there may be more applicants than normal this year for
    Cambridge...

Which college did you apply to?
    Hey! I also have an interview at St Catherine's on Wednesday! 😀 So excited but also so nervous 😩 do you mind if I ask what time yours is? 😀

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys
    I received the email a couple of weeks ago from RVC inviting me for an interview, however it hasn't updated on track. Has this happened for anyone else? I'm not sure whether I should contact admissions, I don't want to waste their time as they're so busy at the moment.
    Thank you 😊
    Same here
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hi guys
    I received the email a couple of weeks ago from RVC inviting me for an interview, however it hasn't updated on track. Has this happened for anyone else? I'm not sure whether I should contact admissions, I don't want to waste their time as they're so busy at the moment.
    Thank you 😊
    This happens quite often, I only once got an update on track about interviews and I had three in total so don’t worry! If you have an email that is enough 😊

ReputationRep:
    Hi, been creeping on this thread for ages but not posted anything yet! I have an interview at Liverpool on Thursday (which is definitely my first choice so I am super nervous!) and still waiting to hear from Edinburgh and Notts. Unfortunately, I was rejected from RVC for not filling in the work experience form. I was devastated as my college told me it would be emailed to me if one was required and all the other units emailed it to me! Did anyone else have the same issue? RVC replied saying that unlike all the others, they don't email out forms so unfortunately I missed out on it. It didn't show up on my UCAS either and all the others did. Personally I feel like this is super unfair because I was given the wrong information by my college (who are absolutely useless, I get no support at all!) and feel like this policy favours candidates who go to better colleges, and have parents who are really supportive with their application (my mum doesn't even know what UCAS is!) IT's so annoying as I liked London a lot and Ive done about 20 weeks of work ex at small animal practices, farms, large animal hospitals, abattoirs, labs etc etc Anyway, enough of a rant just wandered if anyone was in a similar position? Still got an interview for Liverpool so looking forward to that! Has anyone had Liverpool interviews yet, I'm excited!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilygraceb2408)
    Hi, been creeping on this thread for ages but not posted anything yet! I have an interview at Liverpool on Thursday (which is definitely my first choice so I am super nervous!) and still waiting to hear from Edinburgh and Notts. Unfortunately, I was rejected from RVC for not filling in the work experience form. I was devastated as my college told me it would be emailed to me if one was required and all the other units emailed it to me! Did anyone else have the same issue? RVC replied saying that unlike all the others, they don't email out forms so unfortunately I missed out on it. It didn't show up on my UCAS either and all the others did. Personally I feel like this is super unfair because I was given the wrong information by my college (who are absolutely useless, I get no support at all!) and feel like this policy favours candidates who go to better colleges, and have parents who are really supportive with their application (my mum doesn't even know what UCAS is!) IT's so annoying as I liked London a lot and Ive done about 20 weeks of work ex at small animal practices, farms, large animal hospitals, abattoirs, labs etc etc Anyway, enough of a rant just wandered if anyone was in a similar position? Still got an interview for Liverpool so looking forward to that! Has anyone had Liverpool interviews yet, I'm excited!
    Hey!
    Well done for your interview! Best of luck
    I basically had the same thing, at least for the rejection. I'm actually french so my school is not helping me in my application. I had filled in the form and was pretty sure that I had done the right number of work experience's weeks required by RVC. Although got rejected because (this I knew after calling them) they thought that during two weeks in a lab practice I wasn't in contact with animals. But I was all the time. So they asked me so send an email explaining exactly my duties during these two weeks. Long story short they are reconsidering my application. All of this was to say that they quite are open-minded and seeking students so if you explain them the problem by phone they might give you another chance. You should really try calling them knowing that it is pretty unfair and that you've done so many interesting work experiences! They would just be missing an incredible student so do it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amelinedamy)
    Hey!
    Well done for your interview! Best of luck
    I basically had the same thing, at least for the rejection. I'm actually french so my school is not helping me in my application. I had filled in the form and was pretty sure that I had done the right number of work experience's weeks required by RVC. Although got rejected because (this I knew after calling them) they thought that during two weeks in a lab practice I wasn't in contact with animals. But I was all the time. So they asked me so send an email explaining exactly my duties during these two weeks. Long story short they are reconsidering my application. All of this was to say that they quite are open-minded and seeking students so if you explain them the problem by phone they might give you another chance. You should really try calling them knowing that it is pretty unfair and that you've done so many interesting work experiences! They would just be missing an incredible student so do it
    Thank you, I think I will appeal it, it's so frustrating when I've worked hard and been doing placements since I was 12 but at the end of the day I missed the form so thinking it will probably just end up with them saying I shouldn't have missed it! Good luck with your application!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, I think I will appeal it, it's so frustrating when I've worked hard and been doing placements since I was 12 but at the end of the day I missed the form so thinking it will probably just end up with them saying I shouldn't have missed it! Good luck with your application!
    Definitely is frustrating! Good luck calling them. Keep us informed of how it went!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paurok89)
    Hello guys, what is the cheapest way to get from Luton Airpot to Surrey university?
    Hey, I'm currently at surrey uni and live just north of luton so would say your best bet is to get a train down to st. pancras, underground over to waterloo then train to guildford. Once you're at guildford station it's quite a walk to the vet school so would suggest an Uber or a bus. hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    This is really annoying for you, I'm sorry to hear it!
    However, I don't think you can expect the RVC to reconsider you. All of the people they have offered interviews to managed to submit the WE form correctly.
    My college is good yet they still tried to tell me the BMAT was still required for RVC! But I checked the requirements for all the schools I've applied to so knew what had to be done for RVC. So I wouldn't say that their process favours people with better colleges and knowledgeable parents because although I am fortunate enough to have both, I still checked all admissions requirements for myself. I think the moral of this story is check EVERYTHING (twice!!) yourself so you definitely don't miss anything.
    Good luck with your Liverpool interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by godhatesyashu)
    hey guys, so i got rejected from Bristol despite meeting (and exceeding) their academic requirements. This was before i was even sent the work ex form!

do i email them or what??? super sad right now :'(

Hey,

This is what happened to me!! I explained a page or so back.
    But if you check the admissions statement they shouldnt do this i dont think so likely to have been an issue in sending the form. Definitely worth contacting them to see

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when RVC, Liverpool and Bristol will have sent all of their offers out by?
    I've had my Liverpool interview, sent my WEPAPA form to Bristol and my RVC interview is fast approaching so I'm just wondering when I should expect to hear from these places, please?
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by funkyfilly27)
    This is really annoying for you, I'm sorry to hear it!
    However, I don't think you can expect the RVC to reconsider you. All of the people they have offered interviews to managed to submit the WE form correctly.
    My college is good yet they still tried to tell me the BMAT was still required for RVC! But I checked the requirements for all the schools I've applied to so knew what had to be done for RVC. So I wouldn't say that their process favours people with better colleges and knowledgeable parents because although I am fortunate enough to have both, I still checked all admissions requirements for myself. I think the moral of this story is check EVERYTHING (twice!!) yourself so you definitely don't miss anything.
    Good luck with your Liverpool interview
    I completely take your point, I think the application process is unnecessarily hard because they don’t notify you of anything anywhere unlike all the others!! But it was my fault at the end of the day, I should have double checked, I’m normally super organised!! Never mind, I live north of Manchester so would rather be a bit closer to home anyway, just hope Liverpool goes well!!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when RVC, Liverpool and Bristol will have sent all of their offers out by?
    I've had my Liverpool interview, sent my WEPAPA form to Bristol and my RVC interview is fast approaching so I'm just wondering when I should expect to hear from these places, please?
    Thanks!
    I know Liverpool give out a few offers straight after interview then hold other places until all the interviews are done? You can hear anytime between now and right before you get your results, which is really frustrating. I guess no news is good news though as they put a lot of places on hold. Don’t know about the others though, sorry! How was the Liverpool interview? I know you can’t say about questions but were they friendly or was it more formal?

ReputationRep:
    I know Liverpool give out a few offers straight after interview then hold other places until all the interviews are done? You can hear anytime between now and right before you get your results, which is really frustrating. I guess no news is good news though as they put a lot of places on hold. Don’t know about the others though, sorry! How was the Liverpool interview? I know you can’t say about questions but were they friendly or was it more formal?
    Ok I'll just wait nervously then 😬 I just want an offer on the table so I can buckle down and get this AAA I need haha.
    And Liverpool is fine! I was especially nervous in advance because it's my first choice... But none of the interviewers were nasty which was nice. Just be confident and do your best to impress them!

ReputationRep:
    How do you know Liverpool give offers straight after interview? Have some people already received one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freyaheath12)
    Hey,

This is what happened to me!! I explained a page or so back.
    But if you check the admissions statement they shouldnt do this i dont think so likely to have been an issue in sending the form. Definitely worth contacting them to see

Good luck!
    Hey, that's so cool! Did they resend your form? I emailed them, I'm hoping for the best thanks for sharing haha, makes me feel better that I'm not the only one since the rejection made me really confused

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natasha_Faye)
    How do you know Liverpool give offers straight after interview? Have some people already received one?
    I’m not sure, I was told that was the process and some people will get offers within the coming few weeks and the rest will be later. I’m sorry if that’s wrong but that’s what I was told!

ReputationRep:
    Ok I'll just wait nervously then 😬 I just want an offer on the table so I can buckle down and get this AAA I need haha.
    And Liverpool is fine! I was especially nervous in advance because it's my first choice... But none of the interviewers were nasty which was nice. Just be confident and do your best to impress them!
    Okay thank you!! Doesn’t sound too bad, I’ve been keeping up to date with all the stuff on the BVA for current issues and things like that and can talk about all my placements well, so I should be fine as long as I don’t get any really bizarre questions (which knowing my luck I will!) good luck anyway

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 21, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.