Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    anyone heard from nottingham yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChrissyH9899)
    Now that offers are being sent out, do you guys think it's okay to wait until you hear back from all of your choices before making a decision?

I'm a bit nervous that by the time I hear from all four choices, i'll email to accept an offer and all of the spots will be filled. Is that something that could happen?
    No, fortunately this doesn’t happen. You don’t have to make a decision until you have heard back from all your uni’s
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natasha_Faye)
    No, fortunately this doesn’t happen. You don’t have to make a decision until you have heard back from all your uni’s
    Thank goodness! I can't tell you the anxiety having later interview dates has given me for this very reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChrissyH9899)
    Thank goodness! I can't tell you the anxiety having later interview dates has given me for this very reason.
    Don’t worry about it! Having later interview dates or accepting an offer right before the deadline has no consequences.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VictiniCup)
    anyone heard from nottingham yet?
    Nope! They've stated we should be updated by December the 8th - so we have until Friday to wait!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, do any of you know how many applicants get interviewed, for example, in Surrey? And how many offers do they send out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paurok89)
    Hey, do any of you know how many applicants get interviewed, for example, in Surrey? And how many offers do they send out?
    they're interviewing max 600 and i think they give out about 300 offers

ReputationRep:
    Would doing a Level 3 BTEC Diploma in horse management alongside my a-levels look good on a veterinary application as I don’t have much horse related experience but am really interested in getting some? Also would it count towards work experience?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilygraceb2408)
    I’m not sure, I was told that was the process and some people will get offers within the coming few weeks and the rest will be later. I’m sorry if that’s wrong but that’s what I was told!
    How do you know Liverpool give offers straight after interview? Have some people already received one?
    Liverpool gave out all offers in one go last year. You will hear before Christmas. (current student here and was told by admissions officer)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l_vet)
    Would doing a Level 3 BTEC Diploma in horse management alongside my a-levels look good on a veterinary application as I don’t have much horse related experience but am really interested in getting some? Also would it count towards work experience?
    Are you working with horses I.e physically caring for them? Or just learning the theory? Work experience only counts if you are working with live animals. It would still look good on your application even if it doesn’t count as work experience. I think it shows you have a greater interest which uni’s like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l_vet)
    What Natasha_Faye said, but also consider how much time it would take away from studying your a levels - I have my own horses plus I work at a stables at the weekend and unfortunately (as much as I love it!) it is very time consuming and it's something I've had to be really careful with. Perhaps see if you definitely can't get pure and simple work experience with horses if you decide it's too time consuming as it is one of the things most unis would expect to see. Is the diploma a BHS stage? As you can complete those over a number of weeks I know. If not, might be worth looking at.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure the level 3 diploma in horse management is a full-time course itself and it is a 2 year course.

(Original post by luberry)
    What Natasha_Faye said, but also consider how much time it would take away from studying your a levels - I have my own horses plus I work at a stables at the weekend and unfortunately (as much as I love it!) it is very time consuming and it's something I've had to be really careful with. Perhaps see if you definitely can't get pure and simple work experience with horses if you decide it's too time consuming as it is one of the things most unis would expect to see. Is the diploma a BHS stage? As you can complete those over a number of weeks I know. If not, might be worth looking at.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know where I could find Edinburgh Numeracy interview question examples? I know they are considered general arithmetic but it would be nice to get a little practice of similarly styled questions before the actual interview. 😛

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l_vet)
    It isn't something I would consider necessary, in my year we all have very different work experience levels and types before applying. Some people had very little or even no equine experience, myself included in that, you can work on this during EMS.
    Best to focus on getting what you need to apply and get those grades than sign yourself up to something that would take too much of your time and take focus from your Alevels.
    If you really want to gain some horse experience before starting university I would aim to find a stables, or livery yard, even an equine charity, just to gain a bit of handling. You won't be expected to be a pro at all animals from day one.

ReputationRep:
    Same here
    Is there any reason they sent you this? I had an interview at Liverpool last Wednesday and haven’t received this email?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l_vet)
    From what I know, this is a full time 2 year course and would really take away from your A Levels. I’d try to get some work experience at a yard. I started that way and now I’m a part time member of staff. Most yards are happy to get any help they can, and will teach as you go. I don’t live in the countryside at all and it was still super easy - just keep your eyes peeled and go in to places directly to ask - I’ve found emails really not worth the time as they so rarely get replied to.
    If you wanted to show extra commitment, you could go for a YELA (google it) via an RDA or Pony Club.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GracieVenes)
    Is there any reason they sent you this? I had an interview at Liverpool last Wednesday and haven’t received this email?
    I had my interview on Monday so my guess is that they’re sending it out in order of the interview dates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nox1)
    Liverpool gave out all offers in one go last year. You will hear before Christmas. (current student here and was told by admissions officer)
    Do you know how many will be interviewed vs places available?

I really like Liverpool but feel I messed up my interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r33ves1986)
    Do you know how many will be interviewed vs places available?

I really like Liverpool but feel I messed up my interview
    You're not alone, I had my interview today and messed up one of the stations big time

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview on Monday so my guess is that they’re sending it out in order of the interview dates.
    I had mine on Wednesday and received the email today

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2018

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.