Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smileysarah94)
    You're not alone, I had my interview today and messed up one of the stations big time
    Messing up at one station won't affect your application too much! Stay positive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sos3095)
    Messing up at one station won't affect your application too much! Stay positive
    Aw that's very sweet of you to say, thank you it was just incredibly frustrating. I know I can't say much about the interview itself but it was one of those things where I wish I just had more time on that station to prove myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smileysarah94)
    You're not alone, I had my interview today and messed up one of the stations big time
    I guess its easily done, once the nerves kick in! We will just have to wait and see!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r33ves1986)
    I guess its easily done, once the nerves kick in! We will just have to wait and see!
    Absolutely, especially with the time constraints. I'm sure you did your absolute best

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!! I hope everyone is still staying positive and managing all the wait!! I had my Surrey interview last Saturday and I have to say that everyone was absolutely amazing! Very friendly atmosphere so don't worry too much when you have yours! I am still waiting to hear from RVC (for the accelerated course) and Bristol anyone still waiting for the WEPAPA form or that received it last week? (just trying to stay positive here!) Good luck to everyone and in the meantime i feel like we should start yoga or meditation to deal with all this anticipation lol

ReputationRep:
    Sure I probably saw a few of you on your Liverpool tours today, good luck I'm sure you did well
    For the person worried about messing up a station, that is the beauty of MMI's! The interviewer doesn't know how you performed at the previous stations so their view isnt clouded. I'm sure almost all successful applicants felt they messed up atleast one part of every interview and are still here! Optimism

ReputationRep:
    Anyone received an offer from Bristol recently?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if Google maps is reliable for time taken to travel? It's saying a maximum of 2 hours to travel for one of my interviews but should i just be cautious and leave half an hour early? The university have said that there is a lot of traffic around that area atm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HistoryWhiz6)
    Does anyone know if Google maps is reliable for time taken to travel? It's saying a maximum of 2 hours to travel for one of my interviews but should i just be cautious and leave half an hour early? The university have said that there is a lot of traffic around that area atm
    Er depends where you're coming from. Said it would take me 3.5 hours to get to one uni so I left with 5 hours travel time. Got there only 30 minutes early

ReputationRep:
    I have a possible chance to apply for Nottingham's gateway year course as I already fill two of the criteria points and I just need one more to be able to apply. What ddo you think it means by these two points:

Family, cultural or financial reasons for needing to study in the East Midlands

Other disadvantaging circumstances (reviewed on an individual basis)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VMD100)
    Sure I probably saw a few of you on your Liverpool tours today, good luck I'm sure you did well
    For the person worried about messing up a station, that is the beauty of MMI's! The interviewer doesn't know how you performed at the previous stations so their view isnt clouded. I'm sure almost all successful applicants felt they messed up atleast one part of every interview and are still here! Optimism
    Thanks for the reassurance Sorry, I don't mean to sound negative at all. I'm just unsure how they make offers to students even if they felt they messed up one, or more than one station. It's so frustrating for me since this was my second interview at Liverpool only this time as a zoology graduate (from Uni of Liverpool too) so I really wanted to improve on my last interview but I'm concerned that only the strongest applicants will be made offers because of my massive mistake on that station :/

ReputationRep:
    Are people still waiting to here back from the RVC??? Constantly looking at my emails !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyparker)
    Are people still waiting to here back from the RVC??? Constantly looking at my emails !!
    I am! I was hoping to have heard back from them by now, it's really distracting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poplip)
    I am! I was hoping to have heard back from them by now, it's really distracting
    I called them yesterday and they said that other interviews will be given out before tomorrow evening (Wednesday). They are just extremely busy!

ReputationRep:
    Just received a rejection from Nottingham. What a bummer...

ReputationRep:
    just been rejected from Nottingham... anyone else heard back?

ReputationRep:
    That sucks. I'm still waiting. Getting even more nervous now. Did you get your rejection by email or track?

ReputationRep:
    Just have been rejected too...

ReputationRep:
    How have nottingham contacted you guys? Need to know where to look!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luci_00)
    How have nottingham contacted you guys? Need to know where to look!!
    I received an email

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 15, 2018
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.