Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the-annamal)
    WHOOPPP NOTTS REJECT CLUB

Would've been my first choice.
    Didn't score highly enough in the questions... been offered course transfer.
    Good luck to those still to hear :,)
    Same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilygraceb2408)
    For notts applicants has anyone had an interview offer yet? I haven’t had a rejection email but haven’t had an interview offer either, this waiting is horrible! So sorry to everyone who has had rejections, still expecting a rejection email tomorrow if I’m honest, always the pessimist.
    I'm in the exact same situation, don't know anyone wth an interview yet so all we can do is wait!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luberry)
    I'm in the exact same situation, don't know anyone wth an interview yet so all we can do is wait!
    I honestly think the waiting is by far the worst part!!

ReputationRep:
    I honestly think the waiting is by far the worst part!!
    Definitely, I'm so impatient gah have you heard from any of your other options?

ReputationRep:
    I wonder I feel there may have been a mistake with this scoring, seen a lot of rejections.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krigby)
    Hi,
    I was just wondering if anyone has heard from Bristol yet? They sent out a set of questionnaires in November and I still haven’t heard anything!
    Haven’t heard anything from Edinburgh either
    Im still waiting or both of them too! Don’t worry too much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luberry)
    Definitely, I'm so impatient gah have you heard from any of your other options?
    I have an interview on Thursday at Liverpool which is my first choice, I’m terrified!! Have you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heardmanator)
    Im still waiting or both of them too! Don’t worry too much
    I’ve heard nothing from Bristol but my Edinburgh interview came through last month and is tomorro!

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview on Thursday at Liverpool which is my first choice, I’m terrified!! Have you?
    Ooh good luck, I'm sure you'll do great I've had an interview at Surrey, and I've got one at RVC next Wednesday. Just waiting to hear from Bristol and Notts...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VictiniCup)
    I wonder I feel there may have been a mistake with this scoring, seen a lot of rejections.
    That's what I'm thinking.. we have seen rejections from other unis on this forum but never this many

ReputationRep:

(Original post by annaxoxo)
    That's what I'm thinking.. we have seen rejections from other unis on this forum but never this many

I wouldn't say that... It could be a number of things... It may just be most people who got rejected already from other vet universities don't use TSR, or some people don't want to say they got rejected, cause they may feel embarrassed!

On Nottingham's FAQ page, for the 3 courses they receive 2000 applications, and they interview 800 students... so they have to give rejections out. I have always been told my admissions, just because you got a rejection, doesn't mean you are not a capable student, it's just the is competition so high. You're still smart and capable of doing the course.

They then say on the FAQ page:
    "We will be taking around 130 students for the 5 year course (D100), and approx 25 for both our 6 year courses (D104 and D190)" - so post interview it is likely many people will receive rejections too...

Don't let the rejections get you down, we need to remember the course we are applying for is highly competitive and in demand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poplip)
    Same here. They basically said to me I got rejected on the basis of there been too many candidates and not enough interview offers???
    Join the club. They must have done a mass-email of rejections

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophielophie)
    I wouldn't say that... It could be a number of things... It may just be most people who got rejected already from other vet universities don't use TSR, or some people don't want to say they got rejected, cause they may feel embarrassed!

On Nottingham's FAQ page, for the 3 courses they receive 2000 applications, and they interview 800 students... so they have to give rejections out. I have always been told my admissions, just because you got a rejection, doesn't mean you are not a capable student, it's just the is competition so high. You're still smart and capable of doing the course.

"We will be taking around 130 students for the 5 year course (D100), and approx 25 for both our 6 year courses (D104 and D190)" - so post interview it is likely many people will receive rejections too...

Don't let the rejections get you down, we need to remember the course we are applying for is highly competitive and in demand.
    I'm more angry at the fact my college screwed up my application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HistoryWhiz6)
    Join the club. They must have done a mass-email of rejections
    I got that too. Interview from Liverpool and Cambridge and an instant rejection from RVC on the threshold level

ReputationRep:
    If you perhaps contact the uni you might be able to fix the situation? A boy in my year had his application screwed for medicine and was rejected by a uni and when they contacted the uni, he was offered an interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 00red5023)
    I got that too. Interview from Liverpool and Cambridge and an instant rejection from RVC on the threshold level
    It's a shame really but i suppose they can't interview everyone. When is your Cambridge one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophielophie)

Yes but most of the rejections are to the people who don't have the requirements for the course

ReputationRep:
    oh no! What happened?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HistoryWhiz6)
    It's a shame really but i suppose they can't interview everyone. When is your Cambridge one?
    Next Tuesday mate, it's just a shame that theoretically they could've, or they could've adopted an admissions test like previously and used that for filtering instead of what seems like instant rejection on the 'threshold level', for that to be the case given some of the rejections on here and other groups the Threshold must have been ridiculously high.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 00red5023)
    Next Tuesday mate, it's just a shame that theoretically they could've, or they could've adopted an admissions test like previously and used that for filtering instead of what seems like instant rejection on the 'threshold level', for that to be the case given some of the rejections on here and other groups the Threshold must have been ridiculously high.
    Well from what I've heard on here, it's all a* at gcse and a level and about 20 weeks of experience

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 16, 2018

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.