Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 00red5023)
    I got that too. Interview from Liverpool and Cambridge and an instant rejection from RVC on the threshold level
    It's a shame really but i suppose they can't interview everyone. When is your Cambridge one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophielophie)
    I wouldn't say that... It could be a number of things... It may just be most people who got rejected already from other vet universities don't use TSR, or some people don't want to say they got rejected, cause they may feel embarrassed!

On Nottingham's FAQ page, for the 3 courses they receive 2000 applications, and they interview 800 students... so they have to give rejections out. I have always been told my admissions, just because you got a rejection, doesn't mean you are not a capable student, it's just the is competition so high. You're still smart and capable of doing the course.

They then say on the FAQ page:
    "We will be taking around 130 students for the 5 year course (D100), and approx 25 for both our 6 year courses (D104 and D190)" - so post interview it is likely many people will receive rejections too...

Don't let the rejections get you down, we need to remember the course we are applying for is highly competitive and in demand.
    Yes but most of the rejections are to the people who don't have the requirements for the course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VictiniCup)
    I'm more angry at the fact my college screwed up my application.
    oh no! What happened?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HistoryWhiz6)
    It's a shame really but i suppose they can't interview everyone. When is your Cambridge one?
    Next Tuesday mate, it's just a shame that theoretically they could've, or they could've adopted an admissions test like previously and used that for filtering instead of what seems like instant rejection on the 'threshold level', for that to be the case given some of the rejections on here and other groups the Threshold must have been ridiculously high.

ReputationRep:
    Next Tuesday mate, it's just a shame that theoretically they could've, or they could've adopted an admissions test like previously and used that for filtering instead of what seems like instant rejection on the 'threshold level', for that to be the case given some of the rejections on here and other groups the Threshold must have been ridiculously high.
    Well from what I've heard on here, it's all a* at gcse and a level and about 20 weeks of experience

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, i dont think it's so much academic requirements as it is work experience and PS. A lot of people who got into RVC had loads of work exp and very weirdly specific personal statements. Yeah weirdly I was looking forward to th BMAT only to get slapped in teh face with the NSAA

ReputationRep:
    If you perhaps contact the uni you might be able to fix the situation? A boy in my year had his application screwed for medicine and was rejected by a uni and when they contacted the uni, he was offered an interview.
    Part of me feels like there is just no point, I just feel like there is nothing I can do. Doesn't help that I'm already failing one of my subjects.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, i dont think it's so much academic requirements as it is work experience and PS. A lot of people who got into RVC had loads of work exp and very weirdly specific personal statements. Yeah weirdly I was looking forward to th BMAT only to get slapped in teh face with the NSAA
    yeah guess so, however they said they dont prejudice candidates w more experience than their minimum requirements at an open day.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Just wish they had some admissions questionnaire or something. Not really fair to accept just because of work experience because of where people live and family connections, or lack there of in my case. Also it's not about how much you did it's about what you did. The admissions process should analyse the person the not the paper

ReputationRep:
    yeah guess so, however they said they dont prejudice candidates w more experience than their minimum requirements at an open day.
    It gave us false hope, feel cheated because I could've applied elsewhere. Will not be reapplying there

ReputationRep:
    Hey mate, I felt like this the first time that I applied, I got a BCC at AS Level and got rejected from everywhere. I ended up with AAB, and although i'm 22 now so you've probably got a few years on me, so don't give up !

(Original post by VictiniCup)
    Part of me feels like there is just no point, I just feel like there is nothing I can do. Doesn't help that I'm already failing one of my subjects.

ReputationRep:
    For Nottingham applications please check your spam folder of your email. I was sure I hadn’t been rejected in the first round of rejections and was really optimistic then I checked my spam folder and saw the email... absolutely gutted to say the least

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tash.Friesinger)
    For Nottingham applications please check your spam folder of your email. I was sure I hadn’t been rejected in the first round of rejections and was really optimistic then I checked my spam folder and saw the email... absolutely gutted to say the least
    I'm sorry hun. Hopefully everything else will go greatly, good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tash.Friesinger)
    Sorry to hear that! I was rejected from Notts too yesterday so I know how you feel. Was Notts your first choice? X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04jduke)
    Sorry to hear that! I was rejected from Notts too yesterday so I know how you feel. Was Notts your first choice? X
    Had my heart set on it. Had planned where I was gonna live, what young farmers I was gonna go to, where I was gonna keep the horse, when I was gonna visit my friends at Harper Adams, everything. Absolutely gutted but nothing I can do really.

ReputationRep:
    I would imagine that the vast majority of people who apply have the minimum academic and work experience standards otherwise what's the point in applying. The schools have to have a way of reducing this large number of qualified candidates to a much smaller number for interview/offer. So they use personal statement and/or various questionnaires, situational judgement tests etc to do this. Different schools have slightly different ideas of the kind of people they want, they are looking at attitudes, an understanding of the profession and an indication that the applicant will be able to cope (not just academically but emotionally as well) with the rigours of the course which is very demanding, so it's a very complex process indeed. You can have 3 A* and 50 weeks wex and if you don't score highly enough in the SJT (for example) you won't be invited for interview. It's a really really tough process and my heart goes out to everyone waiting to hear or getting rejections.

ReputationRep:
    I FINALLY got my Bristol questionnaire!! So relieved because it was REALLY stressing me out 😁😁 I applied on the 13th Oct for anyone who was wondering so I’m guessing they’re onto the last batches now?? I can’t imagine many people left it as late as me 😅

I had my interview at Liverpool on Tuesday and they said to we will know either way by the 22nd which isn’t too long I guess.... (but then I’m SOOO impatient! 😅)

I haven’t heard from Nottingham yet so fingers crossed that no news is good news 🤞🏻🤞🏻 anyone had an interview from Nottingham yet or is it just the rejections? (Ouch, sorry to everyone who’s not got an interview, it’s the worst 😔)

ReputationRep:
    Got rejected from nottingham😔

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophie180500)
    Got rejected from nottingham😔
    I’m so sorry 😢😢

ReputationRep:
    Did Nottingham send all of their rejections out in one big batch or are they sending them all gradually at different times?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.