Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how many people get offers out of those interviewed.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JosephineOK)
    Does anyone know how many people get offers out of those interviewed.
    I think for most unis it's 1/3 or 1/4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moosenhagen)
    Think its one big batch, they said that they will update everyone on the status of their application by the 8th so they're doing it all by then

Sounds sad but I'm hoping my rejection is a mistake.
    I keep hoping that they will send an email saying it was all a mistake but unfortunately that just doesn’t happen I don’t think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tash.Friesinger)
    I keep hoping that they will send an email saying it was all a mistake but unfortunately that just doesn’t happen I don’t think
    yeah
    Ive got an interview at Bristol so fingers crossed I can get that turned into an offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucia12)
    It gave us false hope, feel cheated because I could've applied elsewhere. Will not be reapplying there
    I only have a small amount of work exp because I don't have much time and I've had an interview. I don't think they do prejudice against how much work experience you have

ReputationRep:
    I got a reject from notts too I’m gutted but guess we can always re apply next year ahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moosenhagen)
    yeah
    Ive got an interview at Bristol so fingers crossed I can get that turned into an offer
    Congratulations I also have an offer from Bristol. Good luck with your interview!!!

ReputationRep:
    Who has received an offer from nottingham?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, make sure you check your junk/spam folder in your email, as that’s where my rejection email from Nottingham was...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tash.Friesinger)
    I have an offer and I’m very grateful for that but it’s still reall difficult. Sorry to hear that you got rejected too, hope you get the uni you want. Thanks x
    Brilliant! That is very positive indeed! Thank you, and yes, I have an interview at RVC on the 19th so I am absolutely ecstatic at the moment!! Best of luck with the rest of your applications and don’t worry too much about Notts xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sos3095)
    I only have a small amount of work exp because I don't have much time and I've had an interview. I don't think they do prejudice against how much work experience you have
    Well I don't have a lot of work experience due to the area I live in and lack of time but do have all the appropriate grades so what else can it be? 😔

ReputationRep:
    Well I don't have a lot of work experience due to the area I live in and lack of time but do have all the appropriate grades so what else can it be? 😔
    yeah I have the minimum grades required, I'm a grad who finished my degree last year. But my alevels were BBC. (Just want to clarify that having a degree isn't an advantage over good a levels). I had the same issue as an alevel, had the predicted grades but didn't get any interviews just gotta stay positive and keep going!!

ReputationRep:
    Can we appeal rejections or isit final?

ReputationRep:
    If this is about Nottingham then they point score us. The work experience and grades are a small part for them. The admissions officer told me that they give interviews to those you scored the highest in the SJT and Personal Attributes tests.

So unfortunately that does mean students applying to Nottingham will be rejected pre-interview even if they have the right predictions and experience, unlike at Liverpool where they interviewed everyone with those requirements.

I hope this helped, unfortunately I don’t know about the other schools

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=JosephineOK;74932588]I have just received an interview from RVC, are people bringing guests or going on their own. Also what do I wear?[/QUOTE

I'm being quite simple about what I'm wearing, just a blouse skirt and blazer. Bringing my mum when's yours? Mine is Jan 5th in Singapore. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadow478)
    If this is about Nottingham then they point score us. The work experience and grades are a small part for them. The admissions officer told me that they give interviews to those you scored the highest in the SJT and Personal Attributes tests.

So unfortunately that does mean students applying to Nottingham will be rejected pre-interview even if they have the right predictions and experience, unlike at Liverpool where they interviewed everyone with those requirements.

I hope this helped, unfortunately I don’t know about the other schools
    It was about RVC,still haven't heard from Nottingham. But I appreciate the use of the online questionaires because it's a much better way to find out about a person than a mere 500 word ps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sos3095)
    TBH, same. I actually was missing ten hours of work experience in the 'other animal environments' section. I emailed them about this and they said that I should still keep my application, and that my chances wouldn't be too hurt.

Still got the RVC interview! Many international applicants don't have access to farms and the likes, making the sheer amount of work experience a not completely accurate gauge of how good a candidate is.

But I do still agree with Lucia to a certain extent - it does give people false hope at times! I was rejected from Bristol despite exceeding all their requirements :'(

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone received any Nottingham rejections today? Or was the purge only Monday and yesterday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luci_00)
    Just got a double rejection from RVC (4 and 5 year course)
    oh no dont worry if it wasn't meant to be then it wasn't meant to be. The right path in life will find you eventually.

ReputationRep:
    RVC do a scoring system, they score your work exp (which they dont prejudice applicants over the minimum for), then your grades (so for me 3a* 7a wasnt enough, and 4as at AS) then ur PS and your Contextual Info is scored, and my PS was very good, still unsure as to why i was rejected

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 23, 2018
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.