Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=JosephineOK;74932588]I have just received an interview from RVC, are people bringing guests or going on their own. Also what do I wear?[/QUOTE

I'm being quite simple about what I'm wearing, just a blouse skirt and blazer. Bringing my mum when's yours? Mine is Jan 5th in Singapore. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadow478)
    If this is about Nottingham then they point score us. The work experience and grades are a small part for them. The admissions officer told me that they give interviews to those you scored the highest in the SJT and Personal Attributes tests.

So unfortunately that does mean students applying to Nottingham will be rejected pre-interview even if they have the right predictions and experience, unlike at Liverpool where they interviewed everyone with those requirements.

I hope this helped, unfortunately I don’t know about the other schools
    It was about RVC,still haven't heard from Nottingham. But I appreciate the use of the online questionaires because it's a much better way to find out about a person than a mere 500 word ps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sos3095)
    I only have a small amount of work exp because I don't have much time and I've had an interview. I don't think they do prejudice against how much work experience you have
    TBH, same. I actually was missing ten hours of work experience in the 'other animal environments' section. I emailed them about this and they said that I should still keep my application, and that my chances wouldn't be too hurt.

Still got the RVC interview! Many international applicants don't have access to farms and the likes, making the sheer amount of work experience a not completely accurate gauge of how good a candidate is.

But I do still agree with Lucia to a certain extent - it does give people false hope at times! I was rejected from Bristol despite exceeding all their requirements :'(

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone received any Nottingham rejections today? Or was the purge only Monday and yesterday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luci_00)
    Just got a double rejection from RVC (4 and 5 year course)
    oh no dont worry if it wasn't meant to be then it wasn't meant to be. The right path in life will find you eventually.

ReputationRep:
    RVC do a scoring system, they score your work exp (which they dont prejudice applicants over the minimum for), then your grades (so for me 3a* 7a wasnt enough, and 4as at AS) then ur PS and your Contextual Info is scored, and my PS was very good, still unsure as to why i was rejected
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from Bristol recently?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LV99)
    Has anyone heard from Bristol recently?
    Yes! Got my questionnaire come through today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04jduke)
    Brilliant! That is very positive indeed! Thank you, and yes, I have an interview at RVC on the 19th so I am absolutely ecstatic at the moment!! Best of luck with the rest of your applications and don’t worry too much about Notts xx
    Congratulations! Let’s us know how you get on xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tash.Friesinger)
    Congratulations! Let’s us know how you get on xx
    Thank you so much! I will do xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 00red5023)
    RVC do a scoring system, they score your work exp (which they dont prejudice applicants over the minimum for), then your grades (so for me 3a* 7a wasnt enough, and 4as at AS) then ur PS and your Contextual Info is scored, and my PS was very good, still unsure as to why i was rejected
    That’s odd...I got 5As and 5Bs at GCSE, but that said I do attend a level 3 contextual school and I think I live in a low participation neighbourhood in addition to having a long term illness, which they must have taken into account

ReputationRep:
    Got a rejection from Notts D100 but also applied for the gateway year and not heard anything from them about that?? Anyone been rejected from the gateway year D190??

ReputationRep:
    What are people wearing to interviews?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brrrigid)
    That’s odd...I got 5As and 5Bs at GCSE, but that said I do attend a level 3 contextual school and I think I live in a low participation neighbourhood in addition to having a long term illness, which they must have taken into account
    I’m really happy for you, and im sure you deserve it, make sure you smash it for me haha
    I’m just frustrated that they said no straight up without even speaking to me you know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 00red5023)
    I’m really happy for you, and im sure you deserve it, make sure you smash it for me haha
    I’m just frustrated that they said no straight up without even speaking to me you know?
    I can definitely understand where you’re coming from - we all know just how much work is involved and it must suck for you for RVC to not to even recognise that

Where else have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    For those who have been rejected by Nottingham I just wanted to say I’m very sorry. Rejection is very difficult to accept but try not to let it get you down too much (easier said than done, I know!) When my daughter was applying she had 6 A*s and 5 A’s at GCSE, 4 A’s at AS, and predicted AAA at A level (which she subsequently achieved) She also had around 15 weeks WEX but she was still rejected by Notts without an interview. Luckily she received interviews at Liverpool, Bristol and RVC and she’s now a second year at Liv.
    Lots of her friends at Uni were also rejected by Notts so maybe they are looking for something slightly different in their applicants, compared to the other Vet schools?
    Good luck with the rest of your applications/interviews and getting the grades in the summer. If the worst comes to the worst a gap year is a good thing as the course is very intense so having time to de-stress after A levels and using the time to earn some money and possibly travel can only be a benefit.
    Fingers crossed for you all! X
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by VictiniCup)
    Who has received an offer from nottingham?
    I doubt anyone has, interviews probably won't start until Jan/Feb. Seems to only be rejections so far

ReputationRep:
    JUST GOT AN OFFER FROM BRISTOL
    so happy it was prob my fave from the open days

Spoiler:
    Show

also so relieved because i was convinced it would be a nottingham rejection

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrazyPantha27)
    Has anyone received any Nottingham rejections today? Or was the purge only Monday and yesterday?
    for me it was yesteday:rip:

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone noticed when attending interviews how there are many more girls than boys interviewing and yet on the tours after interview the ratio of boys to girls studying vet med are very equal.

It would seem to me that if you are a boy the chances of an interview/offer are greater purely because there are fewer applying.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.