Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just received an offer from Surrey!! So happy as it's my second year applying after my A-levels weren't up to scratch last year! Never give up folks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 00red5023)
    That's a great turnout, congratulations. Getting the Surrey offer's so encouraging, just got to work on your A levels I guess
    Are you doing them rn? if you are which are you taking?
    It is, aha - and I am doing my alevels this year. Art, biology and chemistry
    What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brrrigid)
    It is, aha - and I am doing my alevels this year. Art, biology and chemistry
    What about you?
    oooo art sounds cool, I wish I did art
    I do Physics Maths Chem and Bio

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sherbie555)
    Just received an offer from Surrey!! So happy as it's my second year applying after my A-levels weren't up to scratch last year! Never give up folks!
    Yessssss congratulations )))))))

ReputationRep:
    Omg congrats!! Did you get the offer this evening? That’s amazing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hedgehoghog)
    Omg congrats!! Did you get the offer this evening? That’s amazing
    Thank you, I still can't believe it! I had my interview on Saturday and the offer came through this evening

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, I still can't believe it! I had my interview on Saturday and the offer came through this evening
    That’s amazing! I also had my interview then and I’m a gap year applicant so hopefully I hear something soon you must be super happy! Good luck for the rest of your offers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LV99)
    When did you send off your WEPA form if you don't mind me asking?
    7th november i think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hedgehoghog)
    That’s amazing! I also had my interview then and I’m a gap year applicant so hopefully I hear something soon you must be super happy! Good luck for the rest of your offers
    I'm sure you will! Good luck to you also

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r33ves1986)
    Do you know how many will be interviewed vs places available?

I really like Liverpool but feel I messed up my interview
    Around 750 interviews, 160 or so places, not sure how many offers sorry! I'd guess 300 or so?

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations! So pleased for you x
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moosenhagen)
    Me.
    Did you apply to both gateway year and normal? Sorry to hear that, try not to be down about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gabrielle.cooper)
    Did you apply to both gateway year and normal? Sorry to hear that, try not to be down about it
    Just gateway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redonks)
    JUST GOT AN OFFER FROM BRISTOL
    so happy it was prob my fave from the open days

Spoiler:
    Show

also so relieved because i was convinced it would be a nottingham rejection

That's awesome!! Congratulations!! Do you mind me asking when you received your offer? I'm still waiting to hear back from them so just a bit nervous hahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smileysarah94)
    That's awesome!! Congratulations!! Do you mind me asking when you received your offer? I'm still waiting to hear back from them so just a bit nervous hahaha
    literally a few hours ago

ReputationRep:
    literally a few hours ago
    That's amazing! Bet you're so relieved Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    I think the ratio of boys doing tours are misleading you. The ratio of girls to boys on the course is about 80:20 as someone else said. If you ask the person taking your tour how many boys are in their year I suspect it will be very few. I have even known years which are 100% girls.

(Original post by Batshitcrazy)
    Has anyone noticed when attending interviews how there are many more girls than boys interviewing and yet on the tours after interview the ratio of boys to girls studying vet med are very equal.

It would seem to me that if you are a boy the chances of an interview/offer are greater purely because there are fewer applying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tash.Friesinger)
    Congratulations I also have an offer from Bristol. Good luck with your interview!!!
    Hey there! Congrats! Do you mind me asking when you sent off your questionnaire and when you received your offer?

ReputationRep:
    JUST GOT AN OFFER FROM BRISTOL
    so happy it was prob my fave from the open days

Spoiler:
    Show

also so relieved because i was convinced it would be a nottingham rejection
    Was this the first time you heard from Bristol since sending your WEPAPA form? Do you mind me asking what your predicted grades are?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tillyb99)
    Was this the first time you heard from Bristol since sending your WEPAPA form? Do you mind me asking what your predicted grades are?
    they haven't actually emailed me but yeah
    got an acknowledgement email for the wepapa form on november 8th and an email from track today, nothing in between

predicted A*A*A*

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.