Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smileysarah94)
    That's awesome!! Congratulations!! Do you mind me asking when you received your offer? I'm still waiting to hear back from them so just a bit nervous hahaha
    literally a few hours ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redonks)
    literally a few hours ago
    That's amazing! Bet you're so relieved Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    I think the ratio of boys doing tours are misleading you. The ratio of girls to boys on the course is about 80:20 as someone else said. If you ask the person taking your tour how many boys are in their year I suspect it will be very few. I have even known years which are 100% girls.

(Original post by Batshitcrazy)
    Has anyone noticed when attending interviews how there are many more girls than boys interviewing and yet on the tours after interview the ratio of boys to girls studying vet med are very equal.

It would seem to me that if you are a boy the chances of an interview/offer are greater purely because there are fewer applying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tash.Friesinger)
    Congratulations I also have an offer from Bristol. Good luck with your interview!!!
    Hey there! Congrats! Do you mind me asking when you sent off your questionnaire and when you received your offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redonks)
    JUST GOT AN OFFER FROM BRISTOL
    so happy it was prob my fave from the open days

Spoiler:
    Show

also so relieved because i was convinced it would be a nottingham rejection
    Was this the first time you heard from Bristol since sending your WEPAPA form? Do you mind me asking what your predicted grades are?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tillyb99)
    Was this the first time you heard from Bristol since sending your WEPAPA form? Do you mind me asking what your predicted grades are?
    they haven't actually emailed me but yeah
    got an acknowledgement email for the wepapa form on november 8th and an email from track today, nothing in between

predicted A*A*A*
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Batshitcrazy)
    Has anyone noticed when attending interviews how there are many more girls than boys interviewing and yet on the tours after interview the ratio of boys to girls studying vet med are very equal.

It would seem to me that if you are a boy the chances of an interview/offer are greater purely because there are fewer applying.
    I'm a third year Notts student. In a year of ~130, we have about 20 guys. This rumour about boys being more likely to get an offer has been doing the round since I applied, but there is absolutely no truth in it.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't recieved the WEPAPA from Bristol yet and it definitely hasn't turned up in my junk folder *trust me I have checked at least 2 times a day since I sent my UCAS form off*. Should I be worried? I also haven't heard from Edinburgh or Nottingham?

ReputationRep:
    I feel exactly the same!!! Had my interview today and felt as if I messed up big time on one station, so sad because Liverpool was my favourite uni!☹️

ReputationRep:
    Just wondered are any offer holders gap year students ie have any unconditional offers been given out from Bristol, Liverpool or Surrey? I’m trying to sit here patiently but the wait is killing me! I sent my ucas application off on September 6th had interviews at liv and Surrey and still haven’t heard anything from Bristol after I sent my WEPAPA form in over two months ago 🙄 I’ve been rejected from Notts as I was rejected post interview last year, this is my second go and I’m really hoping for a place this year! I have 13 weeks of varied wex and A*AA at alevel for Maths Bio and Chem!! I’m trying to stay positive that no news is good news 😊 I hope you’re all okay and not finding the whole process super stressful! I just wish there were enough places for all of us 😪

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rbrownstudent99)
    Just wondered are any offer holders gap year students ie have any unconditional offers been given out from Bristol, Liverpool or Surrey? I’m trying to sit here patiently but the wait is killing me! I sent my ucas application off on September 6th had interviews at liv and Surrey and still haven’t heard anything from Bristol after I sent my WEPAPA form in over two months ago 🙄 I’ve been rejected from Notts as I was rejected post interview last year, this is my second go and I’m really hoping for a place this year! I have 13 weeks of varied wex and A*AA at alevel for Maths Bio and Chem!! I’m trying to stay positive that no news is good news 😊 I hope you’re all okay and not finding the whole process super stressful! I just wish there were enough places for all of us 😪
    I have an unconditional from Bristol, but that was arranged back in August due to extenuating circumstances. They're normally pretty quick at responding, but not sure how it'll work with the non-interview process.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smileysarah94)
    Hey there! Congrats! Do you mind me asking when you sent off your questionnaire and when you received your offer?
    Sent off my WEPAPA form 7/10 and received offer 2/11

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=godhatesyashu;74943548]
    (Original post by JosephineOK)
    I have just received an interview from RVC, are people bringing guests or going on their own. Also what do I wear?[/QUOTE

I'm being quite simple about what I'm wearing, just a blouse skirt and blazer. Bringing my mum when's yours? Mine is Jan 5th in Singapore. Good luck
    Hey! I"m excited to meet another international student My interview is for Edinburgh and its in San Francisco on Feb 6th. I'm wearing some dress pants, a blazer, a nice blouse, and bringing a structured purse that I can have all my documents in. I'm bringing my mom as well

ReputationRep:
    Got so excited for a second. Had an email from Bristol, but it was just an update telling me they are still considering me but it will take time due to the high volume of applicants. Sent my work experience form off about a month ago. They're my first choice and the wait is killing me!

ReputationRep:
    Just got a reply from the RVC admissions and they have refused to offer a solid reason for rejection so anyone who was thinking about emailing don't bother 😔

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkle100!)
    I haven't recieved the WEPAPA from Bristol yet and it definitely hasn't turned up in my junk folder *trust me I have checked at least 2 times a day since I sent my UCAS form off*. Should I be worried? I also haven't heard from Edinburgh or Nottingham?
    I only just got my WEPAPA, so I wouldn't worry too much. My application was sent on the 14th October. Hopefully you'll get it through soon!

ReputationRep:
    How long has it taken people to complete the WEPAPA for Bristol? The email says 30 minutes however I'm sure this is the difference between and offer or not. So should I just take my time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r33ves1986)
    How long has it taken people to complete the WEPAPA for Bristol? The email says 30 minutes however I'm sure this is the difference between and offer or not. So should I just take my time?
    It takes a lot longer than 30 minutes and you need to take your time to think of answers and include everything you want in the amount of space given. It took me about 3 hours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucia12)
    Just got a reply from the RVC admissions and they have refused to offer a solid reason for rejection so anyone who was thinking about emailing don't bother 😔
    I seriously can't piece this together. They've rejected applicants like myself who have ticked pretty much all the boxes. RVC was my first choice and it's really thrown me off with all the others.
    I'm predicted A*A*A*A, have more than the minimum work experience and a personal statement I wrote using the bullet points specified on the Selection Process PDF so I'm really confused. Still waiting for an email saying this was all a mistake and all. It's unbelievable.

ReputationRep:
    Just got an email from surrey inviting me to take part in a christmas quiz... For a second I thought it was an interview invite haha so sad

(Original post by 00red5023)
    I seriously can't piece this together. They've rejected applicants like myself who have ticked pretty much all the boxes. RVC was my first choice and it's really thrown me off with all the others.
    I'm predicted A*A*A*A, have more than the minimum work experience and a personal statement I wrote using the bullet points specified on the Selection Process PDF so I'm really confused. Still waiting for an email saying this was all a mistake and all. It's unbelievable.
    Same, I've been rejected from the accelerated course and I'm on track for a 1st, which doesn't make any sense. Got an interview for the 5 year course but I don't really understand the way they're assessing the applications...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.