The Student Room Group

2018 Veterinary applicants

Scroll to see replies

Nothing apart from the holding email back in November. WEPAPA acknowledged 3rd October.

Has anyone been rejected from Bristol yet or are they just holding everyone for one big massive cull?
Have any RUK applicants heard back from Edinburgh after interviews yet - either offers or rejections? Thanks
Any International applicants heard back from Edinburgh after interviews yet?
hey everyone! sorry if this sounds rather stupid, but i can't find the offer holders group :P help would be greatly appreciated :smile:
Does anyone have any ideas what the practical manual task at Edinburgh is like? thank you!
Original post by lbh1235
Does anyone have any ideas what the practical manual task at Edinburgh is like? thank you!

Candidates are not allowed to discuss. Sorry but good luck with your interview they are all really nice there.
Original post by godhatesyashu
hey everyone! sorry if this sounds rather stupid, but i can't find the offer holders group :P help would be greatly appreciated :smile:

Hey!
If you go to the Facebook page for the 2018 Vet Med Applicants, you should find most posts re offer holder group chats. There are separate FB pages for Bristol, Notts and Surrey Vet Med applicants that I am aware of, and there are posts on those too re group chats. Hope this helps! PM me if you cannot find them x
Reply 3787
Same I got an offer that day too 😊😊QUOTE=dutchette7;76252688]Around 5ish this afternoon :smile:
Original post by Capp
Same I got an offer that day too 😊😊
Are you an EU student too or from Scotland?? I don't think they have given out any RUK offers yet, but I'm not 100% sure.
Reply 3789
I'm from Scotland 😊
Original post by dutchette7
Offer from Edinburgh! I am an EU student so was not expecting this at all!

Wow! That's amazing! Congratulations!!!
When was your interview, if you don't mind me asking?
Foes anyone know when Nottingham should have all there offers/rejections done by??? or when the last interviews are?
Original post by .ella.
Foes anyone know when Nottingham should have all there offers/rejections done by??? or when the last interviews are?

I’ve got an interview at Nottingham on Wednesday and I have a feeling it’s the last interview day. So maybe they’ll have all the offers/rejections done by the beginning of March? Not sure though xx
Original post by annaxoxo
Wow! That's amazing! Congratulations!!!
When was your interview, if you don't mind me asking?

24th of January. I think they considered applicants in pools though, so Scottish/EU, RUK and international/graduate, and I don't think they have finished interviewing RUK yet, so it will be a while before they start sending out offers for that group. Well, that is how I interpreted the talk at the open day and interview!
Hi, I've rung Edinburgh today and no offers have been sent to RUK students yet. They won't start sending out until after the interviews have finished next week, and it might take a couple of weeks before everyone hears.
Original post by dutchette7
24th of January. I think they considered applicants in pools though, so Scottish/EU, RUK and international/graduate, and I don't think they have finished interviewing RUK yet, so it will be a while before they start sending out offers for that group. Well, that is how I interpreted the talk at the open day and interview!

They probably aren't because I am an EU applicant and still haven't received a decision. However, my interview was later on
Original post by catshouse
Hi, I've rung Edinburgh today and no offers have been sent to RUK students yet. They won't start sending out until after the interviews have finished next week, and it might take a couple of weeks before everyone hears.

makes sense... i have mine on wednesday and i have a feeling its the 2nd to last date!
Has anyone heard anything from Bristol yet?
Original post by .ella.

This Wednesday is the last interview date. They have said that everyone will hear by the 31st March, but as well as offers and rejections this may also include waiting list type situations. Don't forget that after people have started replying to offers the universities will have a better idea of whether they have the capacity ti give out more offers, and (although I know its a very long time to wait) there have been stories of people getting offers on results day after initial waiting list or rejections (if someone else has missed their offer but you have achieved the grades and have no other offers) so in theory it could be a while...

In short you will know something (offer, waiting, rejection) by 31st March and the final deadline for all universities is 3rd May (offer or rejection).
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Canine Copycat
This Wednesday is the last interview date. They have said that everyone will hear by the 31st March, but as well as offers and rejections this may also include waiting list type situations. Don't forget that after people have started replying to offers the universities will have a better idea of whether they have the capacity ti give out more offers, and (although I know its a very long time to wait) there have been stories of people getting offers on results day after initial waiting list or rejections (if someone else has missed their offer but you have achieved the grades and have no other offers) so in theory it could be a while...

In short you will know something (offer, waiting, rejection) by 31st March and the final deadline for all universities is 3rd May (offer or rejection).

Does that mean that even though I have received rejections there's a slight possibility of receiving an offer post results?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending