2018 Veterinary applicants Watch

username2151383
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
three things:

1. I want to include my zoo placement as part of the 4 references Surrey require because I didn't mention it in my ps and it was a nice reference but it isn't on headed paper
I've already had to ask them to email me it because I lost the one they printed for me (:facepalm:) which was originally on headed paper since they have it in their printer so the emailed one just has a blank space at the top
would it be too annoying to email again and ask them to put their header thing on the top ?? I guess I could just copy and paste their logo myself but that seems a bit shady
otherwise I could just use another vet reference

2. does anyone know if Surrey's questionnaire has to be filled out in one go or whether you can do it in bits throughout the five days?

3. i'm SCARED i can't believe i'm actually applying
maca_17
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by defenestrated)
three things:

1. I want to include my zoo placement as part of the 4 references Surrey require because I didn't mention it in my ps and it was a nice reference but it isn't on headed paper
I've already had to ask them to email me it because I lost the one they printed for me (:facepalm:) which was originally on headed paper since they have it in their printer so the emailed one just has a blank space at the top
would it be too annoying to email again and ask them to put their header thing on the top ?? I guess I could just copy and paste their logo myself but that seems a bit shady
otherwise I could just use another vet reference

2. does anyone know if Surrey's questionnaire has to be filled out in one go or whether you can do it in bits throughout the five days?

3. i'm SCARED i can't believe i'm actually applying
I'm pretty sure all references have to be on headed paper. Otherwise the uni's don't accept them. I would just email again and apologise. It will take them 5 minutes and is important for you.

I believe the questionnaires have to be completed in 1 go but I'm not sure if that's only for the SJT part.

Me too!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
username1444816
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am applying to Liverpool for Veterinary science. My UCAS has not yet been submitted as I am waiting for my reference to be written.
I have 2 more weeks of work experience to do before I apply. Can I still fill out the Liverpool work experience form now and put it down as it would be completed by the time the form is due? Or is it best to wait until I have done the work experience and then fill out the form?
animalmagic
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The deadline for the Liverpool form is the 20th October I believe so why not wait until you have completed that extra 2 weeks and then fill it out as they state that future work experience cannot be included.
username1444816
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by animalmagic)
The deadline for the Liverpool form is the 20th October I believe so why not wait until you have completed that extra 2 weeks and then fill it out as they state that future work experience cannot be included.
Thank you. I was unsure because I did read that "Placements not yet completed cannot be included in the questionnaire."
But then I opened the questionnaire and its states "You should note that we do carry out random checks to ensure that the work experience claimed has been completed or planned"
VictiniCup
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I want to apply for Surrey but only have 3 references on headed paper, rip.
Anderson2727
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Quite a lot of people applying to surrey!

Where else is everyone applying to???
username1444816
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by VictiniCup)
I want to apply for Surrey but only have 3 references on headed paper, rip.
some of mine aren't on headed paper, or they didn't sign them...
I've opted to show them with the email attached
VictiniCup
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by sophielophie)
some of mine aren't on headed paper, or they didn't sign them...
I've opted to show them with the email attached
Most of mine have been signed so I guess I should be fine.
username3553986
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi all,

I am a mature applicant applying to vet med for 2018/19. I have a BSc an MSc and did the IB instead of A-levels. I didn't do chemistry at IB so i can't apply to graduate entry, but that's no issue really, only one extra year. I have my own business working with dogs, got 3 months experience in an animal testing lab, 2 weeks at a vets, some days at a kennels, an abattoir and an alpaca farm. Also did a load of farm work during my degree and masters which I am including though it is after the cut off date for RVC. Just waiting on one more week at a vets then I'll send in my application. Applying to Notts, Surrey, Bristol and RVC. This deadline is getting mighty close!

(:
username1444816
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm currently on a gap year, and I am applying to Nottingham, Bristol, Surrey and Liverpool. Just waiting for my reference and then my application can be submitted.
I'm feeling very excited but nervous at the same time
Little Tail Chaser
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by cmbn)
Hi all,

I am a mature applicant applying to vet med for 2018/19. I have a BSc an MSc and did the IB instead of A-levels. I didn't do chemistry at IB so i can't apply to graduate entry, but that's no issue really, only one extra year. I have my own business working with dogs, got 3 months experience in an animal testing lab, 2 weeks at a vets, some days at a kennels, an abattoir and an alpaca farm. Also did a load of farm work during my degree and masters which I am including though it is after the cut off date for RVC. Just waiting on one more week at a vets then I'll send in my application. Applying to Notts, Surrey, Bristol and RVC. This deadline is getting mighty close!

(:
(Original post by sophielophie)
I'm currently on a gap year, and I am applying to Nottingham, Bristol, Surrey and Liverpool. Just waiting for my reference and then my application can be submitted.
I'm feeling very excited but nervous at the same time
All the very best of luck to you both, exciting times!
Nessie162
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Application sent... Now the waiting begins
luberry
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So I was looking on RVC's website and I noticed there was something on there about making them aware before the application deadline if there were any dates you definitely couldn't do for interviews, as they may not be able to rearrange your interview for another date. For example, I know I have my driving test at the beginning of December and wouldn't be able to rearrange this around an interview. Does anyone know if/how I should contact them and if other unis have a similar policy? Is there some way to do it on UCAS or should I just email them and ask? Thanks in advance
Anderson2727
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Nessie162)
Application sent... Now the waiting begins
Mine got sent today too!
pacb10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by luberry)
So I was looking on RVC's website and I noticed there was something on there about making them aware before the application deadline if there were any dates you definitely couldn't do for interviews, as they may not be able to rearrange your interview for another date. For example, I know I have my driving test at the beginning of December and wouldn't be able to rearrange this around an interview. Does anyone know if/how I should contact them and if other unis have a similar policy? Is there some way to do it on UCAS or should I just email them and ask? Thanks in advance
Last year, they sent the date/time of your interview and if you couldn't do it and had a legitimate reason they were fine with rearranging it.
luberry
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by pacb10)
Last year, they sent the date/time of your interview and if you couldn't do it and had a legitimate reason they were fine with rearranging it.
Oh okay, thank you
Moosenhagen
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hey! I'm applying for the 3 gateway vet meds this year and 2 zoology degrees. my chemistry teacher is predicting me a B so unfortunately I cant do the 5 year one. is anyone else applying to gateway?
Jo_rb
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi! (New here) - has anyone applied to Bristol vet med yet this year, and if you have then have you had the work experience and professional and personal attributes (wepapa) form emailed through yet? It has to be done in one sitting (can't save to come back later etc), so I'm just wondering if anyone knows the kinds of things you need to have with you before you fill it out?
Thanks!
VictiniCup
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Does anyone know any of the survey deadlines for vet med? Looking at surrey, rvc, notts and edinburgh. Sending off my application soon, my college need to approve everything.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (636)
91.12%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (62)
8.88%

Watched Threads