Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    RVC is 15th October and Edinburgh 22nd October. I think Notts send theirs out and you have a certain amount of time to complete it. I'm not sure re Surrey but I think it is similar to Notts?

(Original post by VictiniCup)
    Does anyone know any of the survey deadlines for vet med? Looking at surrey, rvc, notts and edinburgh. Sending off my application soon, my college need to approve everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by animalmagic)
    RVC is 15th October and Edinburgh 22nd October. I think Notts send theirs out and you have a certain amount of time to complete it. I'm not sure re Surrey but I think it is similar to Notts?
    Right, im gonna ask around at college to see if I can get mine put in early. Already stressing out about getting it in.

ReputationRep:
    Also got a C in AS maths, is it reasonable to be predicted an A.

ReputationRep:
    My school has been such a let down with my personal statement. I'm the first person to have ever of applied to veterinary from my school and they seem to be giving me alot of conflicting advice. Alot of the advice is better suited to someone applying to medicine. Is there anyone experienced in the world of personal statements that would be able to give it a read?

ReputationRep:
    Guys! I've just applied to uni!! Ahhhh!!!

ReputationRep:
    Have a look here https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=2317443 where you will find specific advice. There is also a personal statement checking service run by vet students on this site I believe. I'll see if I can find the email address that you need to send it to.

(Original post by idree5)
    My school has been such a let down with my personal statement. I'm the first person to have ever of applied to veterinary from my school and they seem to be giving me alot of conflicting advice. Alot of the advice is better suited to someone applying to medicine. Is there anyone experienced in the world of personal statements that would be able to give it a read?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by animalmagic)
    Have a look here https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=2317443 where you will find specific advice. There is also a personal statement checking service run by vet students on this site I believe. I'll see if I can find the email address that you need to send it to.
    Thank you so much!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone! I actually just sent my UCAS application today! I'm so excited!!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Blake Jones)
    Guys! I've just applied to uni!! Ahhhh!!!
    (Original post by Sanarith)
    Hi everyone! I actually just sent my UCAS application today! I'm so excited!!
    Best of luck to both of you

ReputationRep:
    Where has/is everyone applying? And which do you hope to go if you could choose??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anderson2727)
    Where has/is everyone applying? And which do you hope to go if you could choose??
    I have applied to Bristol, Cambridge, Edinburgh and Glasgow (also my 5th option). Glasgow is probably my 1st option, but I also really liked Cambridge. It is where I get an offer really... How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dutchette7)
    I have applied to Bristol, Cambridge, Edinburgh and Glasgow (also my 5th option). Glasgow is probably my 1st option, but I also really liked Cambridge. It is where I get an offer really... How about you?
    I have applied to Bristol, Cambridge, Liverpool and Nottingham!

Which college at Cambridge have you applied to??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anderson2727)
    I have applied to Bristol, Cambridge, Liverpool and Nottingham!

Which college at Cambridge have you applied to??
    Emmanuel, I really liked the ducks and the paddock

And you?

ReputationRep:
    My form was sent yesterday, I'm so nervous! I've completed the questionnaires for RVC and Liverpool; waiting on Nottingham to send through their bits and bobs, and collecting my final reference on Saturday to add to my Surrey application.

Good luck to everyone!

ReputationRep:
    I applied to Nottingham, Surrey, RVC and Harper Adams (Vet physio). RVC Vet Nursing is also my fifth choice! I loved Nottingham and Surrey the most :-)

ReputationRep:
    Okayso Im in upper sixt and Im starting to get really nervous for applying to veterinary. I dont think Ive done enough work experience. I've did work experience at a small vet practice for 1 week, mixed for 1 week. Ive also been working at a dairy farm for 1 and a half years. I live on a sheep pig and cattle farm, been to a poultry abattoir for 1 day and spent 1 week at stables. I cant get into any dog grooming or kennel places but is there anywhere else I should try and go in this last week before I send my UCAS form off? Do you think I have enough work experience. I have 4As at AS!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dutchette7)
    Emmanuel, I really liked the ducks and the paddock

And you?
    Emmanuel seems quite popular for veterinary! I have applied to Fitzwilliam, I fell in love with it on the open day and found the staff, students and support they offer vet med students amazing!!

ReputationRep:
    I have 3 references so far, need to chase one up. Do they all have to be on headed paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VictiniCup)
    I have 3 references so far, need to chase one up. Do they all have to be on headed paper?
    They should be on headed paper, I've seen some schools to be a bit more lenient about it than others but I've heard Surrey is a bit fussy with that so if you're applying there, then yes

ReputationRep:
    Great, ready to actually not apply there.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2018

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.