?
Report 1 year ago
**** grades and **** work experience
VictiniCup
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Also is it worth applying with a predicted B in bio?
Vilverin
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Good luck everybody! I'm applying to Glasgow and Edinburgh, anybody else?
luberry
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by VictiniCup)
Also is it worth applying with a predicted B in bio?
Check all the entry requirements but I would probably say no, as many of them will reject you straightaway if you don't have the predicted A in biology
Sanarith
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi everyone!

I got my questionnaires through from Nottingham today. I'm so excited!!

Anyway, I've been completing some WEX forms and I was wondering if Whipsnade Zoo's Zoo Academy course would count as work experience, as well as volunteering at a local animal based charity? Thank you!
VictiniCup
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
As its so close to the deadline, ill just do it anyway.
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There are now only FOUR DAYS left to the October deadline.

Apply asap - do not leave it to the last day.
Angry cucumber
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Sanarith)
Hi everyone!

Anyway, I've been completing some WEX forms and I was wondering if Whipsnade Zoo's Zoo Academy course would count as work experience, as well as volunteering at a local animal based charity? Thank you!
Did you actually go to Whipsnade Zoo for this course?
silver001
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TheHalfCentaur)
Hey, I'm applying to Surrey as my only vet med option (I did worse in my exams than expected, currently on my gap year) I have 34 points overall but I'm one grade down in chemistry, how strict do you think they'll be?
If your other subjects meet the requirements, they probably won't reject you straightaway but you might be at a disadvantage.
Liverpool doesn't require Chemistry, I'd say put that down as well.
Louiseee_
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Sanarith)
Hi everyone!

Depends on if you paid to go on it or not. As a general rule, if you have to pay to actually do WEX it won't be counted
Sanarith
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Angry cucumber I did actually go to Whipsnade for the course, it was amazing. Unfortunately I did have to pay but a friend of mine that was on the course with me also applied to Surrey and got offered a place, and she put WZZA on her WEX form. I got a reference from it as well.
pacb10
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
A few days ago, I sent off my UCAS application and filled in RVC and Liverpool's online work experience questionnaires. I used the UCAS Personal ID that I was given this year when filling in the form. However, since my school have attached their reference and sent it off today, my Personal ID has changed (back to the same one I had last year). I've emailed the unis to ask and will ring tomorrow if there is no reply but has anyone else had this issue (and if you did, what did they say to do)? Should I resubmit the forms with the other Personal ID number?
brrrigid
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sent in all my questionnaires that have been asked for, along with my Surrey references...now it's the awkward waiting game :s
How's everyone else feeling?

And is anyone going to the Surrey open day this weekend, or the Liverpool open day in a fortnight?
domiash
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm having a mare with all the different deadline dates for these questionnaires! Have finished all the papers I can do now until 17th October. It's a shame we have to repeat so much info to each uni rather than having a universal questionnaire!

Anyway, best of luck to everyone! The waiting game has begun

Spoiler:
Show

brrrigid
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by domiash)
I'm having a mare with all the different deadline dates for these questionnaires! Have finished all the papers I can do now until 17th October. It's a shame we have to repeat so much info to each uni rather than having a universal questionnaire!

Anyway, best of luck to everyone! The waiting game has begun

Spoiler:
Show

I know, I was just thinking that! Wish we could just submit one through UCAS for every uni, would put my mind at ease from worrying I've missed something aha
idree5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I was wondering where i should apply with AAB prediction. Tried my best but I cant get it any higher. I've got Surrey, RVC and Nottingham down right now. But I don't know what to put as my last option. I was gonna put Nottingham gateway down as I think I might qualify, but my school said I shouldn't put a gateway and a normal course down if it's from the same university because I'd just get rejected from both. What do u think I should do?
Louiseee_
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by idree5)
I was wondering where i should apply with AAB prediction. Tried my best but I cant get it any higher. I've got Surrey, RVC and Nottingham down right now. But I don't know what to put as my last option. I was gonna put Nottingham gateway down as I think I might qualify, but my school said I shouldn't put a gateway and a normal course down if it's from the same university because I'd just get rejected from both. What do u think I should do?
I don't think the latter is necessarily true but just make sure you definitely qualify for the Gateway I'm a bit out of date with my grade requirements but the best place to check it the uni websites. I know Liverpool & Bristol both used to give out AAB offers but you would have to check
luberry
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by idree5)
Might be worth seeing if you're eligible for a contextual offer? I know Bristol's is definitely AAC so have a look
alexriversxx
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You are all probably not as stupid as me but remember to check each uni's work experience requirements! Didn't check liverpool's correctly and realised I needed two placements at different vet clinics within three years of applying, I have two weeks at one practice but just missed to three year mark with my other placement not sure what to do now. Any advice?
funkyfilly27
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey, just wondering if anyone could help me, please. My school sent my UCAS application today but I completed the RVC and Liverpool WES forms a week ago. Does it matter that I completed the forms before actually submitting my application? Of course I entered my UCAS ID and everything and got confirmation emails that I'd submitted the forms, but I don't want to miss the chance this year because of a mistake with the WES forms! Thanks
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (38)
100%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (0)
0%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed