Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexriversxx)
    You are all probably not as stupid as me but remember to check each uni's work experience requirements! Didn't check liverpool's correctly and realised I needed two placements at different vet clinics within three years of applying, I have two weeks at one practice but just missed to three year mark with my other placement not sure what to do now. Any advice?
    Unfortunately you won't be able to apply to Liverpool this year now because they are very strict on WE requirements. If you were to submit an application they'd just discard it as soon as they saw you hadn't met their requirements.
    All you can do now is apply to other unis with different requirements. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by funkyfilly27)
    Hey, just wondering if anyone could help me, please. My school sent my UCAS application today but I completed the RVC and Liverpool WES forms a week ago. Does it matter that I completed the forms before actually submitting my application? Of course I entered my UCAS ID and everything and got confirmation emails that I'd submitted the forms, but I don't want to miss the chance this year because of a mistake with the WES forms! Thanks
    Nope it's fine as long as everything is in before the deadlines!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pacb10)
    Nope it's fine as long as everything is in before the deadlines!
    Thank you!
    I'm still fighting the Edinburgh one though because although I've 'submitted' it, you also have to upload to myed using your login details except I haven't been sent any! I'm hoping now my application has gone I'll get a login soon. At least their deadline is the 22nd 😅

ReputationRep:
    Quick question- does anyone know if Glasgow is sending out emails?

I haven't received any but I've had emails from the other 3 unis I've applied to. Just want to see if anyone else who has applied to Glasgow for vet med this year has received/not received anything! (Before I stress any more!)

Their website looks like you have to fill out work exp forms & take them with you if invited to interview, so I'm guessing they aren't sending emails to do it now?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    No, nothing received from Glasgow so far.

(Original post by laurakyna)
    Quick question- does anyone know if Glasgow is sending out emails?

I haven't received any but I've had emails from the other 3 unis I've applied to. Just want to see if anyone else who has applied to Glasgow for vet med this year has received/not received anything! (Before I stress any more!)

Their website looks like you have to fill out work exp forms & take them with you if invited to interview, so I'm guessing they aren't sending emails to do it now?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Are Bristol emailing the WEX questionnaire like Nottingham/Surrey or is it online already like RVC? I can't find it on their website but don't wanna stress myself out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DOM26)
    Are Bristol emailing the WEX questionnaire like Nottingham/Surrey or is it online already like RVC? I can't find it on their website but don't wanna stress myself out.
    Bristol are sending them out after they decide which applications are going to progress past the initial phase. At least that's what I was told via email from admissions. Surrey has a questionnaire? I thought it was only uploading references to the portal.

ReputationRep:
    I've had my acknowledgement email from Surrey, Cambridge and RVC, but no WE form from Surrey and no acknowledgement email from Bristol. My school sent my application yesterday, should I be worrying as much as I am? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mairossanna)
    I've had my acknowledgement email from Surrey, Cambridge and RVC, but no WE form from Surrey and no acknowledgement email from Bristol. My school sent my application yesterday, should I be worrying as much as I am? :eek:
    It can often take a while for unis to process and respond to applications - particularly at the busy time of very close to the deadline!

Also which college at Cambridge did you apply to??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexriversxx)
    You are all probably not as stupid as me but remember to check each uni's work experience requirements! Didn't check liverpool's correctly and realised I needed two placements at different vet clinics within three years of applying, I have two weeks at one practice but just missed to three year mark with my other placement not sure what to do now. Any advice?
    The deadline for uploading the Liverpool work experience form is the 20th so I don't know if it's possible but do you think you could go round vet practices, explain the situation and ask if it's possible to do 40 hours work experience before the 20th? Or ask to do 20 hours at one vet practice and 20 hours at another? I know it's a long shot but you never know. Good luck

Also, if you've sent your UCAS application within 7 days I think there's an option to swap your choices with another & if it's been longer than 7 days u could possibly phone up UCAS to swap Liverpool to another uni who's entry requirements u meet? I don't know much about this tho, just vaguely remember reading about it in a UCAS email.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mairossanna)
    How have you applied to 5 unis?

ReputationRep:
    There are only 4 individual unis mentioned, Surrey is mentioned twice

(Original post by DOM26)
    How have you applied to 5 unis?

ReputationRep:
    Is Surrey uni work experience form emailed like Notts or on the website?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by animalmagic)
    There are only 4 individual unis mentioned, Surrey is mentioned twice
    Oh haha my bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VictiniCup)
    Is Surrey uni work experience form emailed like Notts or on the website?
    Its emailed to you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DOM26)
    Its emailed to you
    Regarding Surrey: Has it been emailed to you? I haven't had mine yet and thought you only had to upload evidence (references) onto the Surrey portal?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks sent my ucas off yesterday, so was just wondering.
    (Original post by DOM26)
    Its emailed to you

ReputationRep:
    Also, is liverpools work experience form on the website?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maca_17)
    Regarding Surrey: Has it been emailed to you? I haven't had mine yet and thought you only had to upload evidence (references) onto the Surrey portal?
    No I've only just sent my application off lol. On their admissions statement its says theres a questionnaire.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VictiniCup)
    Also, is liverpools work experience form on the website?
    yeah its on there

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 16, 2018

University open days

• Staffordshire University
    Everything except: Midwifery, Operating Department Practice, Paramedic Undergraduate
    Sun, 21 Oct '18
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.