Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anderson2727)
    My application got sent off a couple of weeks ago.

I have applied to Bristol, Cambridge (Fitzwilliam), Liverpool and Nottingham.

I have completed the Bristol questionnaire, Cambridge SAQ, Liverpool WEQ and the first Nottingham questionnaire.
    Next Tuesday, the remaining Nottingham Questionnaire and SJT go live and after that I will have done everything! It will just be the long wait for interviews!

Does anyone know roughly when the universities that I have applied to normally send out interviews (apart from Bristol which no longer requires an interview).

Thank you and good luck to everyone!!
    How long after you applied did Bristol send you the questionnaire?
    Obviously Bristol isn't interviewing but Nottingham said interviews would be between January and February.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maca_17)
    Regarding Surrey: Has it been emailed to you? I haven't had mine yet and thought you only had to upload evidence (references) onto the Surrey portal?
    Okay I just read through everything and basically they do a preliminary check on all applicants and send you a work experience form to fill in if you pass this check. Make sure to upload your references to the portal though!

ReputationRep:
    I’ve applied to Fitzwilliam too! 😂😂

(Original post by Anderson2727)
    Which Cambridge college?!?!?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how many people Nottingham are interviewing this year?. Last year it was around 1,000 and they started at the beginning of November. I wondered whether they had changed the format this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.French)
    Does anyone know how many people Nottingham are interviewing this year?. Last year it was around 1,000 and they started at the beginning of November. I wondered whether they had changed the format this year.
    They just said they would be interviewing from January to February.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heardmanator)
    I’ve applied to Fitzwilliam too! 😂😂
    Awesome! 😂

ReputationRep:
    Haven't received anything for Nottingham uni yet, should I be worried? Concerned since the deadline is tonight. Can't access the surrey portal till
    tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VictiniCup)
    Haven't received anything for Nottingham uni yet, should I be worried? Concerned since the deadline is tonight. Can't access the surrey portal till
    tomorrow
    Have you had anything from any of the other unis? If so, don't stress about not having heard from one of them - they'll all have got your application!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bristolvet94)
    Have you had anything from any of the other unis? If so, don't stress about not having heard from one of them - they'll all have got your application!
    Just heard from surrey. Hoping to hear what happens on monday from all unis.

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to Bristol, Surrey and RVC for Veterinary Medicine. I've also applied to Southampton and Royal Holloway for Biology.
    I've been sent the Bristol WEPAPA form, but haven't completed it yet. I have uploaded all my references to Surrey but haven't heard anything else from them. RVC emailed me telling me I'll hear about interviews shortly and that I had to tell them if there were any dates in Decemebr I couldn't do.
    Haven't heard from Royal Holloway but have had an offer from Southampton (AAB).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tillyb99)
    I've applied to Bristol, Surrey and RVC for Veterinary Medicine. I've also applied to Southampton and Royal Holloway for Biology.
    I've been sent the Bristol WEPAPA form, but haven't completed it yet. I have uploaded all my references to Surrey but haven't heard anything else from them. RVC emailed me telling me I'll hear about interviews shortly and that I had to tell them if there were any dates in Decemebr I couldn't do.
    How long ago did you send off your application? I haven't heard anything from Bristol about the WEPAPA paper :-/
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Tillyb99)
    Hey Tillyb99,

Great to hear that you've applied to Surrey - I've visited the Vet School and met a number of the staff over there and it really is amazing

If you're ever worried that you haven't heard anything back from the Admissions team, feel free to give them a ring on +44(0)1483682222 or email [email protected] and they'll be able to tell you what stage your application is at

Best of luck with all your applications!

All the best,
    Ashley

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eilidhhhh)
    The deadline for uploading the Liverpool work experience form is the 20th so I don't know if it's possible but do you think you could go round vet practices, explain the situation and ask if it's possible to do 40 hours work experience before the 20th? Or ask to do 20 hours at one vet practice and 20 hours at another? I know it's a long shot but you never know. Good luck

Also, if you've sent your UCAS application within 7 days I think there's an option to swap your choices with another & if it's been longer than 7 days u could possibly phone up UCAS to swap Liverpool to another uni who's entry requirements u meet? I don't know much about this tho, just vaguely remember reading about it in a UCAS email.
    Thank you for the help! I'm going to see about swapping courses i think x

ReputationRep:
    For Surrey...If we have more than 5 references do you just choose the best ones? Eg..2 weeks in the vets and some farm work? Or if we put them on a PDF can we put more than 5?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slugsiss)
    For Surrey...If we have more than 5 references do you just choose the best ones? Eg..2 weeks in the vets and some farm work? Or if we put them on a PDF can we put more than 5?
    I would be really interested to know the answer to this too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maca_17)
    How long ago did you send off your application? I haven't heard anything from Bristol about the WEPAPA paper :-/
    I sent my application off 2/10/17. Bristol emailed me with the form on the 7/10/17 so it took them just under a week to respond. May take longer now they have more applications?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by slugsiss)
    Hey @slugsiss and domiash,

Just contacted the Admissions adviser for the Vet School about this. If you've got more than 5 references, you can either put them all in a PDF and upload that, or you can email/call the admissions team ([email protected]/+44(0)1483682222) to request extra space in the work experience section of the applicant portal

Hope this helps, and good luck with your applications!

All the best,
    Ashley

ReputationRep:
    Applied to RVC, Surrey, Liverpool and Nottingham but have only heard off Surrey. Any idea when you know if you're rejected?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VictiniCup)
    Applied to RVC, Surrey, Liverpool and Nottingham but have only heard off Surrey. Any idea when you know if you're rejected?
    Keep checking UCAS track to see if they've changed the status of your application?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, thats all I do no developments. Havent had Nottingham s wex form yet.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.