Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by University of Surrey)
    Hey @slugsiss and domiash,

Just contacted the Admissions adviser for the Vet School about this. If you've got more than 5 references, you can either put them all in a PDF and upload that, or you can email/call the admissions team ([email protected]/+44(0)1483682222) to request extra space in the work experience section of the applicant portal

Hope this helps, and good luck with your applications!

All the best,
    Ashley
    Hi Ashley, was just wondering if you knew whether you would be at less of an advantage if you only submit references for the required four weeks when you have more than that available? Hope that makes sense
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by luberry)
    Hi Ashley, was just wondering if you knew whether you would be at less of an advantage if you only submit references for the required four weeks when you have more than that available? Hope that makes sense
    Hi luberry,

I don't think this would put you at a disadvantage, but if you have done more experience then it's probably best to include it! If you're concerned about the amount of experience you've submitted then it's probably best to call Admissions on +44(0)1483682222 to discuss this with them and see if there's any way you can submit more (don't know if this is possible or not, but it wouldn't hurt to ask!).

Hope this helps and good luck with applying for uni!

All the best,
    Ashley

ReputationRep:
    Is nottinghams work experience form sent by email?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VictiniCup)
    Is nottinghams work experience form sent by email?
    yes it is
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Applied to RVC, Surrey, Liverpool and Nottingham but have only heard off Surrey. Any idea when you know if you're rejected?
    it could be months in all honest. When I applied I didn't hear back from Liverpool about my rejection until January. However, as long as you haven't heard back it's safe to assume you haven't been rejected yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nessie162)
    yes it is
    I received an email today form Nottingham about 3 different questionnaires today. The email just said that they have recieved my application and that I need to fill the forms out within a week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maca_17)
    How long ago did you send off your application? I haven't heard anything from Bristol about the WEPAPA paper :-/
    Still haven’t heard from Bristol either? I’ve completed all the other forms from RVC, Nottingham and Liverpool but only received a Bristol email with my Bristol VIP logins etc. Anyone else received the work experience from from Bristol and have any info on deadlines/ what the email includes?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilywhitee13)
    Still haven’t heard from Bristol either? I’ve completed all the other forms from RVC, Nottingham and Liverpool but only received a Bristol email with my Bristol VIP logins etc. Anyone else received the work experience from from Bristol and have any info on deadlines/ what the email includes?
    I haven’t had anything from Bristol yet. How long after you applied did they send your VIP login?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pacb10)
    I haven’t had anything from Bristol yet. How long after you applied did they send your VIP login?
    I sent my application on 6/10/17 and received an acknowledgment/bio email from Bristol on 10/10/17 but still nothing more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexriversxx)
    You are all probably not as stupid as me but remember to check each uni's work experience requirements! Didn't check liverpool's correctly and realised I needed two placements at different vet clinics within three years of applying, I have two weeks at one practice but just missed to three year mark with my other placement not sure what to do now. Any advice?
    One of my placements wasn't within three years but they said they'd accept one of my husbandry placements (wildlife park) as vet experience since I was shadowing a vet there. It was a two week placement anyway so I put down 5 days as husbandry and the other 5 as veterinary.
    If you have had a placement that you think might pass as a vet placement, it's worth emailing them.
    Also try asking if they would accept a placement you can complete as soon as possible, before the initial checks. Afterall, if you applied already it's better to try to squeeze out as much as you can rather than gettind rejected immediately.

ReputationRep:
    Applied to RVC, Surrey, Liverpool and Nottingham but have only heard off Surrey. Any idea when you know if you're rejected?
    It can be months, my son got a rejection from Nottingham on 31st March (having been interviewed in November), followed by an offer a couple of weeks later, so really anything could happen. His only pre-interview rejection was Glasgow and that was after Christmas.

ReputationRep:
    With the Nottingham additional information questionnaire, what am i meant to put in the 'details of work experience'? Is it roles and responsibilities or what species were there or something else? Don't wanna look stupid sending in something completely irrelevant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DOM26)
    With the Nottingham additional information questionnaire, what am i meant to put in the 'details of work experience'? Is it roles and responsibilities or what species were there or something else? Don't wanna look stupid sending in something completely irrelevant.
    I put what my roles were...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DOM26)
    Im doing mine too. Im putting what I did as that seems the most obvious choice

ReputationRep:
    I sent my application on 6/10/17 and received an acknowledgment/bio email from Bristol on 10/10/17 but still nothing more.
    I've had exactly the same thing. Sent on the same date as you too and received the VIP welcome on the 10th, then nothing after that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heardmanator)
    I've had exactly the same thing. Sent on the same date as you too and received the VIP welcome on the 10th, then nothing after that!
    Okay glad I’m not the only one!!!

ReputationRep:
    Okay glad I’m not the only one!!!
    Same thing - received the email on 11/10 but nothing else so far!

ReputationRep:
    I applied to bristol for the gateway on the 13th and I haven't received anything

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I received an email from Liverpool yesterday requesting that I complete the work experience form. I had already submitted this on Sunday, and received a confirmation email that I had. Am I safe to assume the request email is just automatic with an application??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeveWhelehan)
    Hi, I received an email from Liverpool yesterday requesting that I complete the work experience form. I had already submitted this on Sunday, and received a confirmation email that I had. Am I safe to assume the request email is just automatic with an application??
    Yeah, I rang them up when I received that email and they said it was automatic. As long you have the confirmation WEQ email then its fine

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.