Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does Bristol's WEX form ask for references?

ReputationRep:
    Just finished Nottingham's papers. Anyone else find them difficult?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DOM26)
    How lomg does it take bristol to send out the WEX questionnaire? I got my application acknowledgement yesterday and wondered when they email them out
    I sent my application off on the 9th/10th october and got an acknowledgment from bristol 2-3 days later... and havent heard anything either way since or got sent a form so i wouldnt worry yet!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone received an acknowledgement email from Glasgow after they sent off their UCAS application?

ReputationRep:
    I have applied to Bristol, Cambridge, Liverpool and Nottingham. I have now completed all addittional questionnaires and work experience info. All I have left to do until it is completely out of my hands is the Cambridge admissions assessment!!

Does anyone know when we will possibly start hearing if we are invited for interviews? (I know the interview dates, just unsure when it is likely to start hearing back from the unis themselves).

The wait is already seriously stressing me out!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone applying for vetmed received the questionnaire for Bristol University? Or is it just me waiting😬

ReputationRep:
    Same! Hate the waiting😂
    (Original post by AllenMegan)
    I sent my application off on the 9th/10th october and got an acknowledgment from bristol 2-3 days later... and havent heard anything either way since or got sent a form so i wouldnt worry yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pattinson06)
    Has anyone received an acknowledgement email from Glasgow after they sent off their UCAS application?
    Ive applied to Edinburgh Glasgow Bristol and Liverpool- the only one I haven't got an acknowledgment off it Glasgow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anderson2727)
    I have applied to Bristol, Cambridge, Liverpool and Nottingham. I have now completed all addittional questionnaires and work experience info. All I have left to do until it is completely out of my hands is the Cambridge admissions assessment!!

Does anyone know when we will possibly start hearing if we are invited for interviews? (I know the interview dates, just unsure when it is likely to start hearing back from the unis themselves).

The wait is already seriously stressing me out!
    Hi, I'm a 2019 applicant and I was wondering what GCSE grades you got as I was possibly thinking of applying to Cambridge but only got 4A*s, 6As, 1B and 1C (top 10 in school, top person got 8A*s, 4As)
    A* Biology
    A* chemistry
    A* Art
    8 English literature
    7 English language
    7 maths
    A physics
    A geography
    A RE
    A ICT
    B further maths
    C french

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OrangeArcher)
    Hi, I'm a 2019 applicant and I was wondering what GCSE grades you got as I was possibly thinking of applying to Cambridge but only got 4A*s, 6As, 1B and 1C (top 10 in school, top person got 8A*s, 4As)
    A* Biology
    A* chemistry
    A* Art
    8 English literature
    7 English language
    7 maths
    A physics
    A geography
    A RE
    A ICT
    B further maths
    C french
    Hey! That is great that you are considering Cambridge - it is one of my favourites! The open day was amazing and I really love the extra year and collegiate system!

Anyway, Cambridge mentioned at their open day that they don't really use GCSE's to a great extent, as long as you have the correct A level predicted grades and perform well in the admissions assessment you are likely to be interviewed. Cambridge interview around 80% of all applicants. GCSE's are therefore used just as a note of academic track record (so if you performed well throughout your academic life).

They aren't looking for straight A*'s at GCSE, although....that is what I got

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OrangeArcher)
    A* Biology
    A* chemistry
    A* Art
    8 English literature
    7 English language
    7 maths
    A physics
    A geography
    A RE
    A ICT
    B further maths
    C french
    Cambridge are much more interested in your AS Level results, in particular UMS marks. You should aim for over 90 UMS in Chemistry and two of Maths, Biol and Physics. Your GCSEs seem decent enough in my opinion!

ReputationRep:
    Section one on the surrey questionnaire, should i put details of my WE, what i did/ saw etc or is it purely just name of establishment and when you were there?

ReputationRep:
    Nothing from Glasgow yet here either

(Original post by AllenMegan)
    Ive applied to Edinburgh Glasgow Bristol and Liverpool- the only one I haven't got an acknowledgment off it Glasgow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeveWhelehan)
    Section one on the surrey questionnaire, should i put details of my WE, what i did/ saw etc or is it purely just name of establishment and when you were there?
    I did both for animal husbandry WE and just names/dates for vet practices because otherwise I’d have too much to write in quite a small box!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeveWhelehan)
    It says on Surrey self-service that you only need to put the names of your placements, the dates of attendance and the number of days in total.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by animalmagic)
    Nothing from Glasgow yet here either
    Glasgow will usually get round to you in November time, usually inviting you to an interview or not. Hopefully I'll see you there!

ReputationRep:
    Would you not even expect an acknowledgment of the application before then? That seems to be standard procedure for other universities?

(Original post by Vilverin)
    Glasgow will usually get round to you in November time, usually inviting you to an interview or not. Hopefully I'll see you there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by animalmagic)
    Would you not even expect an acknowledgment of the application before then? That seems to be standard procedure for other universities?
    No, they don't send an acknowledgment email but they will have got your application

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tillyb99)
    It says on Surrey self-service that you only need to put the names of your placements, the dates of attendance and the number of days in total.
    I read this, but then I saw the size of the box which has enough space for a paragraph and fact there is no word limit in the boxes so have written brief paragraphs for each placement. This part of the questionnaire is not graded with points though so I suppose as long as you've put you've done the four weeks inc one week vets its fine.

I might phone admissions again, unless any of the Surrey reps can answer this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slugsiss)
    I read this, but then I saw the size of the box which has enough space for a paragraph and fact there is no word limit in the boxes so have written brief paragraphs for each placement. This part of the questionnaire is not graded with points though so I suppose as long as you've put you've done the four weeks inc one week vets its fine.

I might phone admissions again, unless any of the Surrey reps can answer this?
    I would be interested to know this too

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.