Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey glad to hear from you! I was starting to feel old
    Notts sent me an email a while ago that said all applicants are cross-considered for all 3 courses, so there is only need to apply for one.
    Where else have you applied?

(Original post by laurakyna)
    I'm 23!

I'm applying to notts standard one and i'm toying with the idea of the gateway there too if I'm eligible (which is very complicated and I don't know if I am or not) but not the prelim as I'm doing bio and chem A levels.
    (Original post by laurakyna)
    I'm 23!

I'm applying to notts standard one and i'm toying with the idea of the gateway there too if I'm eligible (which is very complicated and I don't know if I am or not) but not the prelim as I'm doing bio and chem A levels.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm a bit confused at how to approach surrey 500 word question 1. Not sure about whether or not to include emotional challenges and how I supposed to know which specific modules I will find hard given that I can know the module title but not what exactly I will have to learn. Does anyone else know about this??

ReputationRep:
    Can you have a look at the surrey questionnaire and answer it later? Or do you have to stay on the window and answer it then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucia12)
    Hey, I'm a bit confused at how to approach surrey 500 word question 1. Not sure about whether or not to include emotional challenges and how I supposed to know which specific modules I will find hard given that I can know the module title but not what exactly I will have to learn. Does anyone else know about this??
    Hey @Lucia

It is a bit of a hard question to answer, I agree as you could read it in a few different ways. Can't give advice as in the same boat but just wanted to let you know though that if you click the module title it gives you a lot more detail about the module including an overview, aims, outcomes, assessments, content, methods of teaching and a reading list.

Good Luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophierb97)
    Can you have a look at the surrey questionnaire and answer it later? Or do you have to stay on the window and answer it then?
    you can look and answer later

ReputationRep:
    I have clicked on them, but I don't really know what parts I will find difficult until I'm actually learning it. But I think I've found a couple of points that I could use though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domiash)
    Thanks, that's really helpful. It just seems an odd layout in comparison to some of the others and I think my brain is frazzled and overthinking everything after completing so many!

Yeah it is a bit confusing! I’m just trying to think that everyone is in the same boat so just give it your best shot
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by defenestrated)
    you can look and answer later
    Thanks!😊
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by University of Surrey)
    Hi again NeveWhelehan, slugsiss, luberry and Kittypollard,

Just a quick update to say that I still haven't been able to get through to the Admissions Adviser for Vet Med. She's just returned from annual leave today so it's likely she's working her way through her emails, so hopefully she'll respond soon! I'll try calling her again this afternoon to see if I can get an answer for you guys. Sorry for the delay, just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten about you!! Will let you know when I get a response from her

All the best,
    Ashley
    Hey NeveWhelehan, slugsiss, luberry and Kittypollard,

I've heard back from the Vet Med Admissions Adviser :party::party:

She's said: "They just need to list the name of the placement
    and the dates and duration of the work experience. The specifics of the tasks are listed in the references they have to supply."

Hope this helps!

All the best,
    Ashley

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, can the University of Surrey answer this question please:
    If the questionnaire was requested on 18th October and I have 7 days to complete it, would the deadline therefore be 25th October at midnight or what time? The actual email requesting it was sent at around midday.

Thank you!🙂
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Sophierb97)
    Hi there, can the University of Surrey answer this question please:
    If the questionnaire was requested on 18th October and I have 7 days to complete it, would the deadline therefore be 25th October at midnight or what time? The actual email requesting it was sent at around midday.

Thank you!🙂
    Hi Sophierb97,

Yes, the deadline would be midnight on the 25th October

Good luck with your application!

All the best,
    Ashley

ReputationRep:
    Hi Sophierb97,

Yes, the deadline would be midnight on the 25th October

Good luck with your application!

All the best,
    Ashley
    Thank you very much Ashley!😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pacb10)
    Has anyone else still not received an acknowledgement from Bristol? I sent my application off on 12th October!
    Me neither!

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone.

Just to say, Bristol has received a large amount of applications and they are being academically scored in batches. The academic scoring is done manually and so it does take time to go through 1000+ applications. Please be assured that no one will be overlooked, nor at any disadvantage if scored later rather than sooner. The WEPAPA form is emailed to you and you have two weeks from it being sent to complete and submit.
    I'm sorry some of you haven't received an acknowledgement, I've enquired abut this and it seems the system used for sending emails automatically is being a little temperamental. If you submitted your application by the UCAS deadline, Bristol will have received it.

It's also worth mentioning that the team that score the vet applications also have to score the medicine applications and there are 4000+ of those! :bigsmile:

ReputationRep:

and the dates and duration of the work experience. The specifics of the tasks are listed in the references they have to supply."

Hope this helps!

All the best,
    Ashley
    Thank you so much!
    Only thing with this, is that I thought the references only had to cover the minimum four weeks, but on the W.E. form I have more things that I have done... Don’t know if anybody else is in the same position?
    Oh well, I guess it can be inferred the kind of things I got up to working at a zoo/pet shop/livery yard etc!

ReputationRep:
    For info:

The Facebook group for Bristol apps for Sept 2018 entry is https://www.facebook.com/groups/227390891118826/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by forumobserver)
    Hello everyone.

Just to say, Bristol has received a large amount of applications and they are being academically scored in batches. The academic scoring is done manually and so it does take time to go through 1000+ applications. Please be assured that no one will be overlooked, nor at any disadvantage if scored later rather than sooner. The WEPAPA form is emailed to you and you have two weeks from it being sent to complete and submit.
    I'm sorry some of you haven't received an acknowledgement, I've enquired abut this and it seems the system used for sending emails automatically is being a little temperamental. If you submitted your application by the UCAS deadline, Bristol will have received it.

It's also worth mentioning that the team that score the vet applications also have to score the medicine applications and there are 4000+ of those! :bigsmile:
    Does this mean offers will be given out in batches or will they wait until everyone has been scored then give them out?

ReputationRep:

Hope this helps!

All the best,
    Ashley
    Thank you!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Kittypollard)
    Thank you so much!
    Only thing with this, is that I thought the references only had to cover the minimum four weeks, but on the W.E. form I have more things that I have done... Don’t know if anybody else is in the same position?
    Oh well, I guess it can be inferred the kind of things I got up to working at a zoo/pet shop/livery yard etc!
    Hey Kittypollard,

I don't think this should put you at a disadvantage, but you can always ask the Admissions team to add extra sections on the references bit of your applicant portal, or you can amalgamate all your references and put them into a single PDF which you can then upload to the portal. Just call +44(0)1483682222 and they can add the extra sections if you'd like to do it that way

All the best,
    Ashley

ReputationRep:
    Im struggling with this surrey challenging part question. How am i meant to know what I'm going to struggle with if i haven't studied it yet? I feel like picking a random module and running with it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.