Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just getting my last references together for surrey. Although one was sent by an official email with and attached pdf with no signature, is this okay as long as i show that its from an official email or do i need a signature still .
    many thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Megan_Kira)
    Just getting my last references together for surrey. Although one was sent by an official email with and attached pdf with no signature, is this okay as long as i show that its from an official email or do i need a signature still .
    many thanks
    They didn't accept mine, I had to ask them to copy the contents of the attachment into the body of the email

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nessie162)
    They didn't accept mine, I had to ask them to copy the contents of the attachment into the body of the email
    Okay thanks thats really helpful ill do the same. I've already got references for the 4 weeks so if i don't include this reference will it be a problem? or do i need to include references for all my work experience

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Megan_Kira)
    Okay thanks thats really helpful ill do the same. I've already got references for the 4 weeks so if i don't include this reference will it be a problem? or do i need to include references for all my work experience
    I only sent 5 references

ReputationRep:
    When I spoke to the head of the vet school on the open day, he said adding extra references in if you have them is fine just because it looks good. I added all of my references in on one word document

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brrrigid)
    When I spoke to the head of the vet school on the open day, he said adding extra references in if you have them is fine just because it looks good. I added all of my references in on one word document
    I feel they should put this on the website, cause it then gives those who can't travel to open days an advantage... I think they should have an open day notes page so people elsewhere in the world can benefit too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophielophie)
    I feel they should put this on the website, cause it then gives those who can travel to open days an advantage... I think they should have an open day notes page so people elsewhere in the world can benefit too
    I agree 100%...I got caught out by conflicting Liverpool documents and had to message the admissions team in a panic The open day I attended 2 weeks later cleared it up. And has anyone else noticed that for Nottingham, they mention that you need either 4 or 6 weeks in several different documents? Confused me a lot aha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brrrigid)
    I agree 100%...I got caught out by conflicting Liverpool documents and had to message the admissions team in a panic The open day I attended 2 weeks later cleared it up. And has anyone else noticed that for Nottingham, they mention that you need either 4 or 6 weeks in several different documents? Confused me a lot aha
    What did you have to do for Liverpool? I thought we just needed to do the work experience questionnaire.

ReputationRep:
    We did, but when I did it, there was conflicting fields of information - I emailed the admin team after completion and they edited their questionnaire and they said what i had submitted was fine and they'd contact me further if they needed anything else.

ReputationRep:
    I had a mini heart attack

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anderson2727)
    Any Cambridge applicants nervous for the NSAA next thursday!? 🙈

Also, just wondering if everyone has had their Bristol questionnaire yet? 😃
    terrified

ReputationRep:
    Everything is done, now I wait.

ReputationRep:
    just a question about edinburgh - is there accommodation near the vet school or is it a 40-minute journey every day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenoak)
    just a question about edinburgh - is there accommodation near the vet school or is it a 40-minute journey every day?
    From when I looked on the website, I thought it said you did that long commute each day... but it's been a while since I looked

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenoak)
    I think there is private accomodation near the vet school but the student accommodation is roughly a 40 min bus journey everyday ye

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eilidhhhh)
    I think there is private accomodation near the vet school but the student accommodation is roughly a 40 min bus journey everyday ye
    thank you!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else rejected from Surrey? I was under the impression that applicants were only sent the questionnaire if they first met entry requirements... yet my letter states reason for rejection as 'entry requirements not met'. Hoping for some more detailed feedback.

:-(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domiash)
    Anyone else rejected from Surrey? I was under the impression that applicants were only sent the questionnaire if they first met entry requirements... yet my letter states reason for rejection as 'entry requirements not met'. Hoping for some more detailed feedback.

Sorry to hear that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domiash)

I got the same thing! I’ve emailed and waiting for some feedback too! 😞
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuBabaChica)
    I got the same thing! I’ve emailed and waiting for some feedback too! 😞
    Pretty frustrating... after the hours spent on their application process you'd hope for a little more feedback! I'm applying as a graduate too so not sure how I have 'not met entry requirements' :-(

Good luck with the rest of your options!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.