Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    When I spoke to the head of the vet school on the open day, he said adding extra references in if you have them is fine just because it looks good. I added all of my references in on one word document

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brrrigid)
    When I spoke to the head of the vet school on the open day, he said adding extra references in if you have them is fine just because it looks good. I added all of my references in on one word document
    I feel they should put this on the website, cause it then gives those who can't travel to open days an advantage... I think they should have an open day notes page so people elsewhere in the world can benefit too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophielophie)
    I feel they should put this on the website, cause it then gives those who can travel to open days an advantage... I think they should have an open day notes page so people elsewhere in the world can benefit too
    I agree 100%...I got caught out by conflicting Liverpool documents and had to message the admissions team in a panic The open day I attended 2 weeks later cleared it up. And has anyone else noticed that for Nottingham, they mention that you need either 4 or 6 weeks in several different documents? Confused me a lot aha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brrrigid)
    I agree 100%...I got caught out by conflicting Liverpool documents and had to message the admissions team in a panic The open day I attended 2 weeks later cleared it up. And has anyone else noticed that for Nottingham, they mention that you need either 4 or 6 weeks in several different documents? Confused me a lot aha
    What did you have to do for Liverpool? I thought we just needed to do the work experience questionnaire.

ReputationRep:
    We did, but when I did it, there was conflicting fields of information - I emailed the admin team after completion and they edited their questionnaire and they said what i had submitted was fine and they'd contact me further if they needed anything else.

ReputationRep:
    I had a mini heart attack

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anderson2727)
    Any Cambridge applicants nervous for the NSAA next thursday!? 🙈

Also, just wondering if everyone has had their Bristol questionnaire yet? 😃
    terrified

ReputationRep:
    Everything is done, now I wait.

ReputationRep:
    just a question about edinburgh - is there accommodation near the vet school or is it a 40-minute journey every day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenoak)
    just a question about edinburgh - is there accommodation near the vet school or is it a 40-minute journey every day?
    From when I looked on the website, I thought it said you did that long commute each day... but it's been a while since I looked

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenoak)
    I think there is private accomodation near the vet school but the student accommodation is roughly a 40 min bus journey everyday ye

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eilidhhhh)
    I think there is private accomodation near the vet school but the student accommodation is roughly a 40 min bus journey everyday ye
    thank you!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else rejected from Surrey? I was under the impression that applicants were only sent the questionnaire if they first met entry requirements... yet my letter states reason for rejection as 'entry requirements not met'. Hoping for some more detailed feedback.

:-(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domiash)
    Anyone else rejected from Surrey? I was under the impression that applicants were only sent the questionnaire if they first met entry requirements... yet my letter states reason for rejection as 'entry requirements not met'. Hoping for some more detailed feedback.

Sorry to hear that

ReputationRep:

I got the same thing! I’ve emailed and waiting for some feedback too! 😞

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuBabaChica)
    I got the same thing! I’ve emailed and waiting for some feedback too! 😞
    Pretty frustrating... after the hours spent on their application process you'd hope for a little more feedback! I'm applying as a graduate too so not sure how I have 'not met entry requirements' :-(

Good luck with the rest of your options!

ReputationRep:
    Pretty frustrating... after the hours spent on their application process you'd hope for a little more feedback! I'm applying as a graduate too so not sure how I have 'not met entry requirements' :-(

Good luck with the rest of your options!
    I’m applying as a graduate too! I was really frustrated when I found out too... feels like all the time applying was a waste 😣

ReputationRep:
    I’m applying as a graduate too! I was really frustrated when I found out too... feels like all the time applying was a waste 😣
    Definitely... so much time and effort spent getting to this point just to be rejected with no specifics :-( Fingers crossed they get back to us with some more info. At the open day Surrey said they took 35% graduates too so I was feeling quietly hopeful about my chances.

x

ReputationRep:
    Definitely... so much time and effort spent getting to this point just to be rejected with no specifics :-( Fingers crossed they get back to us with some more info. At the open day Surrey said they took 35% graduates too so I was feeling quietly hopeful about my chances.

x
    It’s really disheartening isn’t it 😞
    Yes, I bet that made you feel more hopeful.
    Let’s just hope they’ll get back to us soon and explain why exactly we haven’t been successful. You’d think they’d take more graduates as we’ve had more experience (both in university and work placements) 😣
    Where else have you applied to?
    X

ReputationRep:
    It’s really disheartening isn’t it 😞
    Yes, I bet that made you feel more hopeful.
    Let’s just hope they’ll get back to us soon and explain why exactly we haven’t been successful. You’d think they’d take more graduates as we’ve had more experience (both in university and work placements) 😣
    Where else have you applied to?
    X
    I'm struggling to feel very optimistic now. I've applied to Nottingham and both the standard and grad entry at RVC. What about you?

I know, I always thought unis would favor graduates that have had so much more experience and are clearly dedicated to the profession if choosing to spend another 4/5yrs in education. I've taken a year out since graduating to work 3 jobs in order to finance the tuition fees and clock up more work experience. Having to wait another year to re-apply and do this all over again is not a nice thought right now

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 21, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.