Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by animalmagic)
    Have you had confirmation from UCAS and from the other universities you applied to?
    I have from Cambridge and I've got the VIP thing from Bristol but again no questionnaire, haven't heard anything from Nottingham or Glasgow

ReputationRep:
    Then your email address must be correct. I'd definitely phone Nottingham vet school admissions asap. Good luck, hope you get it sorted.

(Original post by Canine Copycat)
    I have from Cambridge and I've got the VIP thing from Bristol but again no questionnaire, haven't heard anything from Nottingham or Glasgow

ReputationRep:
    mmm...might be an issue as I never received a confirmation email...?! Also I thought that you had 1 week from when you received it to complete it, and then a further 1 week if you still didn't manage that, so there wasn't a specific date?
    No, there was a week from when you received the email to complete one of their forms (work experience etc) and then the SJT and questionnaire were sent out on the 17th and you had one week to complete those, so they were due on the 24th unless you had contacted them about extenuating circumstances which meant you couldn't complete them.

Would definitely contact admissions like the others have said - hope you figure out what's happened soon!

ReputationRep:
    My email from Notts gave me from 17th - 24th to do the questionnaires.

Hope they've messed up somewhere along the line and that they can get it sorted for you :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luberry)
    No, there was a week from when you received the email to complete one of their forms (work experience etc) and then the SJT and questionnaire were sent out on the 17th and you had one week to complete those, so they were due on the 24th unless you had contacted them about extenuating circumstances which meant you couldn't complete them.

Would definitely contact admissions like the others have said - hope you figure out what's happened soon!

Aaaggghhh!! Ok, so I havent received the SJT either, I definitely need to find out whats going on because I was certain I had fulfilled the academic criteria and therefore would be sent the questionnaire...also doesn't help that when I told my teacher at school he just brushed it off and said don't worry they've got lots of applicants they'll get to you eventually...

Thank you for all your help and lets hope I can get this fixed!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by domiash)
    Anyone else rejected from Surrey? I was under the impression that applicants were only sent the questionnaire if they first met entry requirements... yet my letter states reason for rejection as 'entry requirements not met'. Hoping for some more detailed feedback.

:-(
    Hi domiash,

As far as I know, you're more than welcome to email the Admissions team ([email protected]) to ask in which way you failed to meet the entry requirements. I would advise doing this to get an understanding on how you may be able to improve your application next time if you decide to reapply

All the best,
    Ashley

ReputationRep:
    After uploading the references for Surrey, are you meant to get an acknowledgement email or anything?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pacb10)
    After uploading the references for Surrey, are you meant to get an acknowledgement email or anything?
    I didn't receive anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pacb10)
    I didn't get anything, the status of it just changed on the portal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anderson2727)
    Any Cambridge applicants nervous for the NSAA next thursday!? 🙈

Also, just wondering if everyone has had their Bristol questionnaire yet? 😃
    So stressed out by it. 2nd year workload at college is so high I've barely been able to revise GCSE/AS for it so I'm just hoping it's all sunk into my brain enough...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurakyna)
    So stressed out by it. 2nd year workload at college is so high I've barely been able to revise GCSE/AS for it so I'm just hoping it's all sunk into my brain enough...
    Same! I think I am going to do both the biology questions in section 2...

What College have you applied to??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anderson2727)
    Same! I think I am going to do both the biology questions in section 2...

What College have you applied to??
    I made an open application but it's gone to Newnham, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by University of Surrey)
    Hi domiash,

As far as I know, you're more than welcome to email the Admissions team ([email protected]) to ask in which way you failed to meet the entry requirements. I would advise doing this to get an understanding on how you may be able to improve your application next time if you decide to reapply

All the best,
    Ashley
    Hi Ashley, thanks for your reply. The first thing I did after receiving the email was to ask for some more detailed feedback. I hope someone is able to get back to me shortly as I'm quite confused how I could not have met entry requirements! :-(

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I made an open application but it's gone to Newnham, what about you?
    I applied to Fitzwilliam directly! Really loved the college and everyone was so friendly!

I heard most open applications go to Newnham if you are a gal. I wonder where mine would have gone since im a guy 😂

ReputationRep:
    I think I'll probably do the 2 chemistry questions for the NSAA. One of the 12 mark question on last year's paper really confused me and I'm generally better at calculating stuff (with a calculator thank goodness!) than formulating nice answers under time pressure. It just really depends on the questions. The maths for paper 1 is really worrying me as I am not that great at mental maths and that section definitely took me the longest when I did it under timed conditions.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by domiash)
    Hi Ashley, thanks for your reply. The first thing I did after receiving the email was to ask for some more detailed feedback. I hope someone is able to get back to me shortly as I'm quite confused how I could not have met entry requirements! :-(

Thanks
    No problem at all domiash. Now that I think about it, it might actually be better to call as the Adviser will be able to access your application, see why it was rejected and explain that to you rather than having to send emails back and forth. Plus, you would have the added bonus of being able to clarify anything they may have missed straight away if there's an issue The number is +44(0)1483682222 and you should ask for Alice Domican who is the Vet Med Admissions Adviser.

Hope this helps!

All the best,
    Ashley

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know when we will hear about interviews? I hope we have enough time between the invitation and the actual interview... I don't want the flights to be too expensive!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophielophie)
    Anyone know when we will hear about interviews? I hope we have enough time between the invitation and the actual interview... I don't want the flights to be too expensive!
    I'm wondering the same thing...I have to get back from northern Norway Based on the threads from last year/year before, it seems people heard from RVC between the middle and end of November, that's the only one I know about.

ReputationRep:
    I saw on the University of Glasgow forum that they have started to give out interviews for vet med already.

(Original post by sophielophie)

ReputationRep:
    Have you had any luck in sorting this out yet?

Aaaggghhh!! Ok, so I havent received the SJT either, I definitely need to find out whats going on because I was certain I had fulfilled the academic criteria and therefore would be sent the questionnaire...also doesn't help that when I told my teacher at school he just brushed it off and said don't worry they've got lots of applicants they'll get to you eventually...

Thank you for all your help and lets hope I can get this fixed!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.