Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elliew8)
    Hi, I am getting worried because I submitted my UCAS form on the 12th October and had an acknowledgement from Bristol on the 14th. I still haven't received the work experience form. I more than meet the academic requirements. I have emailed Bristol about this. I don't understand how they can give out offers when they are still considering other people's applications. Congratulations to anyone who has received an offer though.
    I'm in the same boat, I meet the academic requirements too and have also emailed them. I really don't get how they are giving offers already...
    Congrats to those who have received offers though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mairossanna)
    I'm in the same boat, I meet the academic requirements too and have also emailed them. I really don't get how they are giving offers already...
    Congrats to those who have received offers though!
    I find it odd they are giving out offers when some people haven't done the questionnaire yet, especially because it is a completely new admissions process!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tillyb99)
    I had 3 months at a dog training centre, 2 weeks in vet clinic, week and a half at a zoo, week at a farm, week at an animal sanctuary. As long as you’re over the minimum, they can’t let 6 weeks instead of 9 negatively impact your application
    Yeah thanks, I'm definitely over the minimum, just wondering how they grade your work experience because it's worth 50% of the application. I've done almost 4 weeks at 3 different vet clinics (3 before the deadline), a week and a half at a dairy now I do work at the dairy every Sunday since end of August, couple of months at a horse and pony trust doing weekends mainly, 4 nights lambing at two different farms, and my 2 weeks at a laboratory was cancelled due to a canine disease problem there. In total if you count 5 days as a week, I've done 9 weeks.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I’ve only just received my WEPAPA yesterday, my UCAS was sent on the 6th of October so to everyone who hasn’t had theirs yet DONT PANIC!! I’m sure if you’ve met the criteria it’ll come soon

ReputationRep:
    Mine was ready by the 2nd but my school didn't send it until 13th. Still haven't got Bristol form 😰

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucia12)
    Mine was ready by the 2nd but my school didn't send it until 13th. Still haven't got Bristol form 😰
    That's so annoying! I sent mine to my school on the 22nd September and then it wasn't sent to ucas until the 6th! The wait is so annoying!
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    Well done to all those with offers already, Bristol are really on the case this year :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CecileColes)
    I’ve only just received my WEPAPA yesterday, my UCAS was sent on the 6th of October so to everyone who hasn’t had theirs yet DONT PANIC!! I’m sure if you’ve met the criteria it’ll come soon
    There's hope! Thank you for this its nice to know that questionnaires have been going out recently too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophielophie)
    That's so annoying! I sent mine to my school on the 22nd September and then it wasn't sent to ucas until the 6th! The wait is so annoying!
    I sent it to school on the 20th of September but it took them ages to add references and predicted grades that they had written over a week prior. Some people's were literally sent on the deadline

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting for the Bristol Questionnaire too

ReputationRep:
    I've not heard anything from Bristol or any of the uni's I have applied to. Not enjoying the wait but hopefully there will be good news at the end of it!

ReputationRep:
    Really silly question probably, but when people are saying they’ve received offers, do you mean you’ve been invited to interview? Or, you’ve got a place already? Congratulations to all receiving offers so far and good luck to everyone! I’m new to this chat so Hi all!! X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04jduke)
    Really silly question probably, but when people are saying they’ve received offers, do you mean you’ve been invited to interview? Or, you’ve got a place already? Congratulations to all receiving offers so far and good luck to everyone! I’m new to this chat so Hi all!! X
    Bristol isn't interviewing so I'm guessing they mean as in they've received conditional offers and so on from Bristol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luberry)
    Bristol isn't interviewing so I'm guessing they mean as in they've received conditional offers and so on from Bristol
    Thank you! X

ReputationRep:
    My application was sent on October 12th and I’m yet to receive the Bristol questionnaire.. I definitely have the academic requirements so not really sure what to think, especially with offers already being given out

ReputationRep:
    I sent my application on the 10th October and just received the questionnaire today! I wouldn't worry if you haven't got it just yet, easier said than done I know 😂

ReputationRep:
    How long/difficult is the Bristol questionnaire??

ReputationRep:
    Another silly question, those of you that have received offers from Bristol, did they communicate this to you via UCAS? Or via an email/letter? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Bristol don’t offer interviews to UK candidates so they give out offers

ReputationRep:
    Another silly question, those of you that have received offers from Bristol, did they communicate this to you via UCAS? Or via an email/letter? Thanks!
    UCAS Track on the day and then an email from Bristol the morning after

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 23, 2018
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.