Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tash.Friesinger)
    Bristol don’t offer interviews to UK candidates so they give out offers
    Thank you Tash.Friesinger - congratulations on your offer!! I bet you are over the moon😊X
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    UCAS Track on the day and then an email from Bristol the morning after
    Thank you! X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04jduke)
    Thank you Tash.Friesinger - congratulations on your offer!! I bet you are over the moon😊X
    Thank you ☺️ am really happy just to have the security good luck with your application!!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you ☺️ am really happy just to have the security good luck with your application!!
    Thank you so much - indeed, I bet the security is reassuring. Good luck with the rest of your application too!! X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M12S)
    Hello, I also wantto apply for 2018 but i don't think I'll be able to have enough WEX. Im in y12 and ive only done a week at a safari park. My birthday is late july so I've been rejected until then as i wasn't 16 and now when i email places they don't reply. I've been to a 3rd vet clinic last week to see if i could volunteer there but they said no. Does anyone have any advice?
    Instead of trying to find only work experience, I suggest trying to find somewhere to volunteer every weekend. It only needs to be for a few hours every Sat or Sun morning. This shows commitment as well and is much easier to get e.g. a cattery, kennel or stables.

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to Cambridge, Surrey, Edinburgh and Liverpool. I've completed all of the questionnaires and now I'm waiting to hear back from them. I completely messed up on the 2nd section of the NSAA so I don't expect an interview from Cambridge . How do Cambridge receive the results for the NSAA?
    Has anyone got interviews from Surrey, Edinburgh or Liverpool? Or know when we might hear from them?

ReputationRep:
    I think Surrey started interviewing quite early last year so presume might do the same this year. Edinburgh start interviewing on 8th December so no doubt some will hear from them this month and Liverpool interview between 27th November and 8th December so again I presume most will hear from them this month if they have an interview.

(Original post by zoemaddison)
    I've applied to Cambridge, Surrey, Edinburgh and Liverpool. I've completed all of the questionnaires and now I'm waiting to hear back from them. I completely messed up on the 2nd section of the NSAA so I don't expect an interview from Cambridge . How do Cambridge receive the results for the NSAA?
    Has anyone got interviews from Surrey, Edinburgh or Liverpool? Or know when we might hear from them?

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool tend to try and interview quite early. When I had my interview it was late November and then had my offer by Christmas.

Hope that helps!

ReputationRep:
    Surrey say they are interviewing from 25 November 2017 to 12 January 2018, so some may hear from them relatively soon I would assume

ReputationRep:
    I think RVC interview Dec, so should be hearing from them soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VictiniCup)
    I think RVC interview Dec, so should be hearing from them soon.
    RVC told me on the 10th October that I would hear within 4-6 weeks so should be hearing this month.

ReputationRep:
    The waiting is the worst part! :unimpressed: Im a gap year applicant working full time and I sent my application off on the 6th of September (day it opened ikr im so eager ) and completed my Liverpool WEQ 13th September, Bristol WEPAPA 29th September, Surrey WEQ 19th October and Nottingham WEQ 20th October. And I'm still waiting to hear, I know I must be so impatient but its scary being a second time applicant especially because Nottingham say they don't accept re-applications from people who have already been interviewed once before, but I thought I'd risk it any way because I'm reckless like that!
    I'd like to ask how much weight people think is given towards GCSEs, I have all A's and one B which was in Biology, but i got A*AA at a-level in Maths, Biology and chemistry respectively. I spoke to surrey as they are the only vet school I've applied to that stipulate an A in Biology at GCSE but they said i should still apply to them as my A-levels are suitable. I know bristol say 20% is given to GCSEs, but I'm getting a bit paranoid that my GCSE's will hold me back. Anyone have and thoughts or advice for me. Hopefully we'll all be hearing from unis soon and the horrible wait will be over at least for interviews lol!

ReputationRep:
    Which subject did you do for section 2 in the NSAA? I didn't do very well on both my section 1 and 2

ReputationRep:
    when i pressed next on the page of the bristol questionnaire where it asked for details of husbandry work exp it took me back to the first page

is it supposed to do that???????? or did i just lose everything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redonks)
    when i pressed next on the page of the bristol questionnaire where it asked for details of husbandry work exp it took me back to the first page

is it supposed to do that???????? or did i just lose everything
    I have no idea but mine definitely didn't do that sooo

ReputationRep:
    I ran out of time on section 1 so had to put a few guesses I did the 2 chemistry ones for section 2. I'm really annoyed because once I left the exam I realised what I had done wrong for one of them :/

(Original post by iluvcats)
    Which subject did you do for section 2 in the NSAA? I didn't do very well on both my section 1 and 2

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had interview dates given? I'm still waiting to hear from all of the uni's i've applied to. I think i'll be invited for interview at Bristol also should I be successful from my application as I studied an access course.

ReputationRep:
    Bristol don't do interviews anymore.

ReputationRep:
    The only interviews I've seen so far have been Glasgow ones.

(Original post by r33ves1986)
    Has anyone had interview dates given? I'm still waiting to hear from all of the uni's i've applied to. I think i'll be invited for interview at Bristol also should I be successful from my application as I studied an access course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r33ves1986)
    Bristol don’t interview unless you’re an international student

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 24, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.