Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kathy12321)
    My dream is of becoming a vet and I’m in year 11 currently do you think I should go to a private or state school college for A levels, how many people on your course are from either?
    Grades, work experience and attributes are the MOST important aspects to your application, not your college😊
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I’m a first year vet student at Bristol, good luck to all their applying this year !! Here to help answer any questions you might have when it comes to applying, interviews, work experience and any questions about the course, feel free to PM me of reply to this thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by idree5)
    When u say access course, what do u mean? Just curious.
    An Access to University diploma. It's the equivalent of A Levels for people who've been out of education for five years or more and can be completed in a year. It's pretty intense (it's what I'm doing).

ReputationRep:
    Anyone with an offer/rejection from Bristol, how long did you have to wait for a decision after submitting the WEPAPA? I just submitted mine and haven't yet got the conformation e-mail, how long did you have to wait for this? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willowhazel)
    Hi everyone, I’m a first year vet student at Bristol, good luck to all their applying this year !! Here to help answer any questions you might have when it comes to applying, interviews, work experience and any questions about the course, feel free to PM me of reply to this thread
    I have two questions! 1) What does your timetable look like?

And 2) I know Bristol said they're not interviewing this year, but in the admissions statement they said they might if you're a mature student. So what was your interview like? Did you have to do any tests or answer any theoretical questions? Or was it just a chat about what you wrote in your PS?

ReputationRep:
    Wow I had no idea such a thing existed. That's such a brilliant idea! Which access course are you doing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by idree5)
    Wow I had no idea such a thing existed. That's such a brilliant idea! Which access course are you doing.
    Biomedical Science with the distance learning centre online.

ReputationRep:
    Booked my Liverpool interview😊
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Kathy12321)
    My dream is of becoming a vet and I’m in year 11 currently do you think I should go to a private or state school college for A levels, how many people on your course are from either?
    Majority are from state schools. If you are driven and motivated enough, it doesn't matter which one you go to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11euni-b)
    Anyone with an offer/rejection from Bristol, how long did you have to wait for a decision after submitting the WEPAPA? I just submitted mine and haven't yet got the conformation e-mail, how long did you have to wait for this? Thanks!
    I haven’t got a decision from Bristol but I got my confirmation email 3 weeks after sending the WEPAPA form

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viapurifico)
    I have two questions! 1) What does your timetable look like?

And 2) I know Bristol said they're not interviewing this year, but in the admissions statement they said they might if you're a mature student. So what was your interview like? Did you have to do any tests or answer any theoretical questions? Or was it just a chat about what you wrote in your PS?
    Hi, glad to her you’ve applied to Bristol it’s a good choice 😂 my timetable surprised me actually, I was terrified it would be 9-5 all day every day but it isn’t. It does near hugely like no week is the same both content and schedule wise. But you can expect mostly 9am and some 10 am starts in a week, normally end up with 2 half days in a week when I’ll finish between 12-2, and the other 3 days (one of those being Langford) finish between 4-5. You always get an hour for lunch during the day. Also I found that very few days consist of all lectures, there is a lot of labs/practicals as well.

In terms of interview, assuming it was the same as mine. The face to face was heavily orientated on your personal statement so make sure you know that really really well, and know a extra info about certain cases as they may ask about them. Perhaps having a few ideas about current veterinary affairs is also worthwhile.

For the MMIs can’t give much advice rather than read any instructions very carefully (I made that mistake and messed up a station), keep calm and as soon as one station is over forget it. I screwed one of mine up and I still got in !!

Best of luck

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! I was worried it hadn't been received properly! I guess once they start checking over it they send you the conformation, good luck with your application!! 😊

ReputationRep:
    Oh that sounds good. I'm also with them doing standard science though. What are your modules like? Think I'm about half way through.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, glad to her you’ve applied to Bristol it’s a good choice 😂 my timetable surprised me actually, I was terrified it would be 9-5 all day every day but it isn’t. It does near hugely like no week is the same both content and schedule wise. But you can expect mostly 9am and some 10 am starts in a week, normally end up with 2 half days in a week when I’ll finish between 12-2, and the other 3 days (one of those being Langford) finish between 4-5. You always get an hour for lunch during the day. Also I found that very few days consist of all lectures, there is a lot of labs/practicals as well.

In terms of interview, assuming it was the same as mine. The face to face was heavily orientated on your personal statement so make sure you know that really really well, and know a extra info about certain cases as they may ask about them. Perhaps having a few ideas about current veterinary affairs is also worthwhile.

For the MMIs can’t give much advice rather than read any instructions very carefully (I made that mistake and messed up a station), keep calm and as soon as one station is over forget it. I screwed one of mine up and I still got in !!

Best of luck
    how do you get to langford? is there a bus or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophierb97)
    Me too! Well done😄 does anyone know if Liverpool offers places after interviewing everyone or as they go along interviewing people? So is there any advantage of booking the interview slot on an earlier date?
    Last year they offered as they went along. So, I dont think any real advantage

ReputationRep:

Best of luck
    That timetable sounds good! What do you mean by stations?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coupezaj)
    Last year they offered as they went along. So, I dont think any real advantage
    I think they would make it fair so I won’t worry that I booked a late date.

ReputationRep:
    I still haven’t received the Bristol questionnaire 😬 Should I worry at this stage? And is anyone else in the same position.?

Booked my liverpool interview

ReputationRep:
    Have Edinburgh sent any interviews to U.K. applicants yet? I'm worried as they had difficulties sending the WES to me and I don't want to miss out due to technical issues!

ReputationRep:
    Scottish applicants definitely yes, RUK I'm not sure. Hopefully if there is a RUK applicant who has received an interview they will post.

(Original post by Heardmanator)
    Have Edinburgh sent any interviews to U.K. applicants yet? I'm worried as they had difficulties sending the WES to me and I don't want to miss out due to technical issues!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.