Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Well out of them I only applied to Edinburgh so thats given me a bit more hope! Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyElizabeth99)
    Where has sent out interviews so far?
    I haven't had anything but a conditional from my 5th choice
    I believe Surrey, Liverpool, Glasgow and Cambridge have all begun sending interviews; and Bristol has been sending offers if I remember correctly. Surrey and Liverpool are two that have sent me interviews, and we're still waiting on RVC, Nottingham and Edinburgh I believe.

ReputationRep:
    The Edinburgh interviews that I know about have been sent to Scottish students. I'm not sure if any RUK have received one yet.

(Original post by AmyElizabeth99)
    Well out of them I only applied to Edinburgh so thats given me a bit more hope! Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Edinburgh have sent some interview offers out but possibly only to Scottish students so far.

(Original post by brrrigid)
    I believe Surrey, Liverpool, Glasgow and Cambridge have all begun sending interviews; and Bristol has been sending offers if I remember correctly. Surrey and Liverpool are two that have sent me interviews, and we're still waiting on RVC, Nottingham and Edinburgh I believe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by animalmagic)
    Edinburgh have sent some interview offers out but possibly only to Scottish students so far.
    Thanks for the correction! Where have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilywhitee13)
    Has anyone received any offers from RVC bio Veterinary as their 5th choice??
    I applied for that and haven’t heard yet!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I haven't, I'm a dinosaur who applied over 35 years ago!

Thanks for the correction! Where have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    I haven't, I'm a dinosaur who applied over 35 years ago!
    Must be a throwback to see all of us frantically discussing our applications then! I take it you studied at a vet university - which one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuBabaChica)
    I’m a mature student too... I’m in my final year of uni at the mo. I got a rejection from Surrey a couple of weeks ago, so still holding out hope for the other three!
    I’ve applied to RVC, Liverpool and Nottingham.
    Don’t worry, we’ll hear very soon!
    did you ever find out which requirement you didn't meet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redonks)
    did you ever find out which requirement you didn't meet?
    Yeah... I didn’t meet entry requirements as my A levels weren’t good enough (not good at all) and I had not done chemistry at A level. I was hoping my degree would be considered more important... so looks like I’m going to have to redo my A levels if I don’t get in this year 🤗

ReputationRep:

Surrey has sent out invitations for interview for their november date and maybe december one but i havent heard back from them yet either! Liverpool have sent out interviews and glasgow has sent out some interviews too im still waiting on surrey and Nottingham.. i know people who are still waiting on hearing from edinburgh and bristol too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophie180500)
    Surrey has sent out invitations for interview for their november date and maybe december one but i havent heard back from them yet either! Liverpool have sent out interviews and glasgow has sent out some interviews too im still waiting on surrey and Nottingham.. i know people who are still waiting on hearing from edinburgh and bristol too
    I wouldn't be too worried about Surrey just yet - does your questionnaire status still say pending check? If not, check the events tab! I didn't even realise I had an interview as I had no email or anything, I only found out from what people had said on here.

Yeah, I'm waiting for Nottingham as well! I know they won't start inviting until start of December but the wait is killing me haha...
    How did you find the questionnaire and SJT?

Where else have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RBrownstudent)
    Yeah as the person before me said google scholar is very useful, but I found a lot of information from the veterinary times and the veterinary journal that I asked from the vets I did work experience with as they're magazines that get delivered to vets so that's another way. There are lots of official websites too so hopefully there will be something out there for you 😊
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    have any more people received news from bristol after the initial batch?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't be too worried about Surrey just yet - does your questionnaire status still say pending check? If not, check the events tab! I didn't even realise I had an interview as I had no email or anything, I only found out from what people had said on here.

Yeah, I'm waiting for Nottingham as well! I know they won't start inviting until start of December but the wait is killing me haha...
    How did you find the questionnaire and SJT?

Where else have you applied?

Yea my surrey one still says pending! found the nottingham questionnaire quite hard the sjt wasnt too bad though.. i applied to liverpool and glasgow and have interviews for both! So happy as glasgow was my top choice!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any idea of how Bristol are organising who hears when? Is it in order of when people send it in or are they using a different system to filter through them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lolarosesmith)
    Hey guys, I'm hoping to apply to veterinary medicine too! I am really worried though for a number of reasons.
    1. Is anybody doing an EPQ/Is it worth doing an EPQ
    2. I will only have about 8 weeks worth of work experience when I go to apply, due to the fact I only confirmed I wanted to be a vet after the year 11 summer
    3. At the moment I am only getting B/C grades in my a-levels!!!!

Would love to hear from all the other potential vet med applicants!!
    I did an epq. It was good revision and gave me something to comment on in my personal statement. I definately think it was worth it. RVC suggested that an epq demonstrated and developed good management skills.

ReputationRep:
    No internet in my day, or mobile phones, just paper UCAS form, pen & a stamp! I went to the RVC

Must be a throwback to see all of us frantically discussing our applications then! I take it you studied at a vet university - which one?

ReputationRep:
    No internet in my day, or mobile phones, just paper UCAS form, pen & a stamp! I went to the RVC
    That's so odd to think about...a paper UCAS form. How did you make edits?!
    What area of vet med do you feel RVC excels in/you most enjoyed whilst studying there?

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember but I guess we started again with a new form if we needed to change something or made a mistake!

I enjoyed equine most while there, the colic surgery being done at the RVC at that time was exceptional.

That's so odd to think about...a paper UCAS form. How did you make edits?!
    What area of vet med do you feel RVC excels in/you most enjoyed whilst studying there?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.