Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Glasgow interviews were also sent via track and the response had to be sent using track also.

(Original post by returnmigrant)
    UCAS Track does not record interviews - that is between you and the Uni - UCAS is there for processing the Yes/No decision of any offer/rejection, and then processing exam results and the Uni decision in August, so that is all you will ever see on Track.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tillyb99)
    UCAS track changed for my RVC interview....
    Ooops, forgot that if a Uni uses the UCAS data system for actually processing applications (instead of their own data-system) that Interviews do show up for applicants. The majority of Unis dont use the UCAS system in this way - so dont expect to see this every time.

ReputationRep:
    Let's talk interviews: how are people preparing for an MMI? I've got one in a few weeks and although have done a practice MMI at school, I'm curious as to how people are going about preparing for theirs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by funkyfilly27)
    Let's talk interviews: how are people preparing for an MMI? I've got one in a few weeks and although have done a practice MMI at school, I'm curious as to how people are going about preparing for theirs.
    I'd love to try an MMI mock but there is no one to do it with... so I'm a bit lost!

ReputationRep:
    What did you do at your mock MMI?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tillyb99)
    UCAS track changed for my RVC interview....
    Those who have interviews at RVC, when did you get the email?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilywhitee13)
    Friday evening

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilywhitee13)
    Friday evening also

ReputationRep:
    i've done a practice mmi too and tbh it made it seem like not much preparation is useful/necessary ?
    I'll prob just go through my work experience notes and current issues and have a vague idea about what to say for questions like why vet med

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redonks)
    i've done a practice mmi too and tbh it made it seem like not much preparation is useful/necessary ?
    I'll prob just go through my work experience notes and current issues and have a vague idea about what to say for questions like why vet med
    I've heard thats the best thing to do
    I've applied to RVC, Liverpool, Cambridge and Edinburgh and only have one interview so am starting to worry

ReputationRep:
    I have applied to the same apart from Notts instead of Liverpool yet to hear from any of them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmeliaM)
    I have applied to the same apart from Notts instead of Liverpool yet to hear from any of them
    I'm just hoping it works in stages and we'll get our chances because this process is stressing me out more than I initially thought it would I'm sure we'll hear soon

ReputationRep:
    *** Please can those attending interviews remember not to post any details about MMIs / tests / questions etc on TSR.****
    TSR doesnt allow this - its that simple.

(If you think about it, its not in your interests to share this sort of info with anyone anyway - it gives them an extra advantage and may mean they get an offer instead of you)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redonks)
    Yeah I agree with this because so many different topics can come up! I'm basically going to do the same preparation as you're doing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viapurifico)
    What did you do at your mock MMI?
    My school just did 8 stations all with different activities/questions to give us a feeling for what a real MMI would be like.

ReputationRep:
    Tips for MMIs :

1) Don't panic. Its tempting to start talking as soon as you are asked the question, and to say the first thing that comes into your head.
    2) Start with something like 'My first thoughts are ...' and this gives you a slight thinking pause, and then after stating a few ideas, say something like 'On the other hand...' or 'An alternative viewpoint might be that..' - this shows that you can think on your feet and are mature enough to see that there are opposing viewpoints, even if you don't agree with them.
    3) Listen to any subsequent questions. You brain will be on overtime trying to work out if what you just said was sensible or not. Forget it, You cant change that bit. Listen to the next question and respond to what is being asked - not what you wish you'd actually said in answer to the initial question.
    4) In the role-plays they are testing your communication skills - that isnt just talking, its about listening as well.
    5) If its not clear what the question or task is - ask for clarification.
    6) ALWAYS smile and say thank you when leaving a station - its all about showing professionalism.

GOOD LUCK!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 00red5023)
    I've heard thats the best thing to do
    I've applied to RVC, Liverpool, Cambridge and Edinburgh and only have one interview so am starting to worry
    (Original post by AmeliaM)
    it's still early days there's no need to worry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucia12)
    Me neither 😰😰
    I've not heard anything from Bristol either

ReputationRep:
    Haven't got any interview offers but I haven't been rejected on ucas track yet. Anyone else still not got an interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VictiniCup)
    Haven't got any interview offers but I haven't been rejected on ucas track yet. Anyone else still not got an interview?
    You're in the same boat as me, just not heard from anyone yet! Except an email from surrey asking me to clarify my work experience. But keeping my hopes up, it's still early days and they all have a hell of a lot of applications to look through

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.