Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've got an interview for Accelerated Vet med at RVC . Super excited but very apprehensive about these MMI stations!

ReputationRep:
    I’m gunna apply for vet med in 2018 but have found it so difficult to find work experience in a vet. Can anyone tell me how many hours they roughly did of work experience in a vet?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harissuleman)
    I’m gunna apply for vet med in 2018 but have found it so difficult to find work experience in a vet. Can anyone tell me how many hours they roughly did of work experience in a vet?
    I think we’ve all had the same problem. Finding work experience in a vet practice is really difficult. Unless you know the vet or any other staff personally then it seems literally impossible. Literally, get a list of vet practices up that are around your area (the RCVS has a list) and send emails to as many as you can... the carpet bombing approach seems to work quite well. You’ll find somewhere! Just keep emailing ☺️

ReputationRep:
    From personal experience, I think you have a much better success rate if you ask for work experience in person. I sent emails and letters out to all the practices on the island that I live on and only had one email in response. However, by turning up you are showing that you're serious and willing to make an effort and they also kinda have to give you an answer on the spot so you aren't kept waiting weeks for an email back.

Best of luck, keep persevering :-)

(I did 4 weeks, 2 weeks and 1 week at three different SA practices)

ReputationRep:
    If you have animals then I recommend that you ask your own vet first. Vets do get so many requests for work placements that they sometimes restrict them to their clients' children.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domiash)
    I've got an interview for Accelerated Vet med at RVC . Super excited but very apprehensive about these MMI stations!
    Congrats!! When did you find out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Tail Chaser)
    RVC haven't invited anyone to interview yet, don't stress :nah:
    Phew thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luci_00)
    Congrats!! When did you find out?
    Thanks! Had an email from them on Friday evening :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domiash)
    From personal experience, I think you have a much better success rate if you ask for work experience in person. I sent emails and letters out to all the practices on the island that I live on and only had one email in response. However, by turning up you are showing that you're serious and willing to make an effort and they also kinda have to give you an answer on the spot so you aren't kept waiting weeks for an email back.

Best of luck, keep persevering :-)

(I did 4 weeks, 2 weeks and 1 week at three different SA practices)
    Hopefully, I’m going to be applying in 2018 and have no experience in a veterinary clinic, though I have done some volunteering with animals (cats, dogs and horses)

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully, I’m going to be applying in 2018 and have no experience in a veterinary clinic, though I have done some volunteering with animals (cats, dogs and horses)
    You will need to have at least 2 weeks in a vet practice before you apply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophielophie)
    I submitted WEPAPA on 22 October and got a confirmation email on 24 October.
    What exactly is the WEPAPA form? Are you talking about the questionnaire they send or is it something else? ) Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody heard from Notts yet?

Is anyone still pending for Surrey?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akfnweifnwirgn)
    What exactly is the WEPAPA form? Are you talking about the questionnaire they send or is it something else? ) Thanks
    it's the questionnaire - it stands for work experience & personal and professional attributes form

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GracieVenes)
    Has anybody heard from Notts yet?

Is anyone still pending for Surrey?
    No and yes... Starting to get worried, especially about Surrey

ReputationRep:
    I HAVE JUST GOT AN INTERVIEW FOR CAMBRIDGE! So chuffed but need to get revising😬

ReputationRep:
    I was lucky and found a really nice vets that allowed me to go for 3 different weeks so 15 full days overall and then i had a week in another vets. How much you need depends on where you apply as some places require more than others

ReputationRep:
    Have any English applicants got an interview from Edinburgh yet?

ReputationRep:
    I never got a confirmation email from Bristol after completing the work experience questionnaire but I submitted it about 2 weeks ago?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmeliaM)
    I HAVE JUST GOT AN INTERVIEW FOR CAMBRIDGE! So chuffed but need to get revising😬
    SAME CONGRATS!!!!!!! Getting to work now :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 00red5023)
    SAME CONGRATS!!!!!!! Getting to work now :P
    Yay and what college? Also how are you going to prepare!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.