Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuBabaChica)
    Thank you! Yes, I applied to Nottingham and RVC also ☺️
    Also applied to Nottingham and RVC.

ReputationRep:
    Also got rejected from Liverpool for academic. Curse being less than 1% off the grade boundary in my A-levels :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icylilies)
    Also got rejected from Liverpool for academic. Curse being less than 1% off the grade boundary in my A-levels :'
    This predicted or actual?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, just trying to find lambing Work Experience for next year, I've been looking on the NSA lambing list and been rejected a few times and struggling to find more that would take me... does anyone who has already done their lambing have anyone I could contact? Anywhere would be fine but I live in the midlands so any nearby would be great! Kind of worried I won't get any lambing experience before I apply next year!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VictiniCup)
    This predicted or actual?
    Actual Didn't apply with predicted grades last year as my school wouldn't support me, then got sick in the exam haha it's just my luck tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icylilies)
    Actual Didn't apply with predicted grades last year as my school wouldn't support me, then got sick in the exam haha it's just my luck tbh
    I have to resit some maths modules since I panicked in the exam hall. Too may non related exam things can go wrong in a an exam.

What are your actual grades, of you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CupOfCaramel)
    Hi, just trying to find lambing Work Experience for next year, I've been looking on the NSA lambing list and been rejected a few times and struggling to find more that would take me... does anyone who has already done their lambing have anyone I could contact? Anywhere would be fine but I live in the midlands so any nearby would be great! Kind of worried I won't get any lambing experience before I apply next year!
    Have you tried just general yellow pages/googling sheep farms locally? Or going to agricultural shows? As this was how I found mine. Just email/ring as many people as you can and someone should take you on.
    The lady I went to had never had work experience students before but she was wonderful, she had rare breed sheep so did AI and embryo transfer too, ended up being one of my best placements.
    Unfortunately I'm not very near to you as I'm south-east. Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luberry)
    Have you tried just general yellow pages/googling sheep farms locally? Or going to agricultural shows? As this was how I found mine. Just email/ring as many people as you can and someone should take you on.
    The lady I went to had never had work experience students before but she was wonderful, she had rare breed sheep so did AI and embryo transfer too, ended up being one of my best placements.
    Unfortunately I'm not very near to you as I'm south-east. Hope this helps
    No actually I haven't- I'll start looking now!! I guess I didn't even think about that as everyone I've known doing vet med found theirs on the lambing list haha. That sounds so good! Hopefully I can find someone!! Thanks a lot

ReputationRep:
    I have to resit some maths modules since I panicked in the exam hall. Too may non related exam things can go wrong in a an exam.

What are your actual grades, of you don't mind me asking?
    yeah it kinda bums, but goodluck in your resits! As my course doesn't have modules i can't resit that one exam so i am a little stuck :unimpressed:

I got A*AB

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard from Clare College yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoemaddison)
    Has anyone heard from Emmanuel college?
    Yup! Did you apply to Emmanuel too?

ReputationRep:
    Just heard from Surrey, seems they didn't like short answers.

ReputationRep:
    Just heard from Surrey, seems they didn't like short answers.
    Do you mean to the 500 word questions??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucia12)
    Yeah

ReputationRep:
    There was a 3000 character limit I think. Basically just 3 solid paragraphs. How much did you write then?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone hrard from RVC?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone hrard from RVC?
    Not me 😞

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhys Davies)
    There was a 3000 character limit I think. Basically just 3 solid paragraphs. How much did you write then?
    I wrote way over and cut it down to a few characters below the limit

ReputationRep:
    I wrote way over and cut it down to a few characters below the limit
    Providing you were within the limit and not hugely below, then I wouldn’t have seen an issue. For assignments most universities go by + or - 10%

Have they fed back to you that it was due to this?

- edit, sorry pressed reply to the wrong person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cowie315)
    Providing you were within the limit and not hugely below, then I wouldn’t have seen an issue. For assignments most universities go by + or - 10%

Have they fed back to you that it was due to this?

- edit, sorry pressed reply to the wrong person.
    Yeah

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.