Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Should I take my references and personal statement to interview at Surrey?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paurok89)
    Should I take my references and personal statement to interview at Surrey?
    I didn’t take my references because they’d already been uploaded to the portal as Surrey had asked - and only took my personal statement to look over so I could remind myself of topics I found interesting. They don’t ask for either on the day, so it’s not necessary at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brrrigid)
    I’ve still not got an RVC interview and it’s past 7 weeks since they’ve received my application now
    Also have not received an interview from RVC.

ReputationRep:
    I just got an invitation for interview at surrey🎉🎉🎉

ReputationRep:
    I've received interviews for all the places I've applied too

ReputationRep:
    Got an interview at RVC on the 13th 😄😄

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sos3095)
    I've received interviews for all the places I've applied too
    Great news, where have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r33ves1986)
    Great news, where have you applied?
    Liverpool, Surrey and RVC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LivviGal)
    Got an interview at RVC on the 13th 😄😄
    Me too good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool, Surrey and RVC
    I applied to Nottingham, Liverpool, Bristol and RVC. Only heard from Liverpool so far. Well done though, do you have a preferred uni should you receive offers from all?

ReputationRep:
    I applied to Nottingham, Liverpool, Bristol and RVC. Only heard from Liverpool so far. Well done though, do you have a preferred uni should you receive offers from all?
    I think RVC is my first choice but I'm quite open minded. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luberry)
    Me too good luck!!
    Arghhhh thank you, you too!!

ReputationRep:
    I think RVC is my first choice but I'm quite open minded. What about you?
    RVC or Nottingham I think. But will take anything right now haha!

ReputationRep:
    Just had an email from Surrey, I have an interview and can pick between 11th and 12th of Jan. That makes 3 out of 4, as I've also got interviews at Glasgow and Cambridge (both in the next two weeks, eek!)

I'm so excited yet terrified at the same... Congrats to anyone who's just heard from Surrey today as well, I bet you feel so relieved just like I do- I really thought I was going to get rejected, it was taking so long!

ReputationRep:
    RVC or Nottingham I think. But will take anything right now haha!
    Yeah exactly! Whoever wants me haha

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering has anyone else got an interview for Glasgow this Friday? ☺️
    From what I’ve heard from a few teachers and friends who have been interviewed there, Glasgow is pretty friendly and focusses more on you and your personality at the interviews than compared with the likes of Edinburgh. My Chem teacher describes it as ‘having a cup o tea with your gran’ haha

ReputationRep:
    Haha! I'm happy with the category! Do you know of anyone who has already received rejections from there prior to receiving the form?

Good luck with your other choices, who knows Bristol might miss out on two good candidates if they make us wait much longer haha!
    I haven't heard of anyone being rejected from Bristol without having completed a questionnaire...though that doesn't mean it hasn't happened . Having said that their website states that they are judging the applications 20% GCSE grades, 30% A level predictions and 50% this form we haven't got, so for them to reject someone with only 50% of their application essentially would be pretty silly...!

They also say that they are not taking personal statements into account this year so without getting more information from the questionnaire for all they know Ive got 6 A*s in all humanities subjects....which, impressive as it is...wouldn't make me a great vet student!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tobevetfirmed)
    Just wondering has anyone else got an interview for Glasgow this Friday? ☺️
    From what I’ve heard from a few teachers and friends who have been interviewed there, Glasgow is pretty friendly and focusses more on you and your personality at the interviews than compared with the likes of Edinburgh. My Chem teacher describes it as ‘having a cup o tea with your gran’ haha
    Got an interview there but not for Friday...when I went to look round they seemed really friendly and the whole atmosphere was more like 'we want to see what you are like as a person' not 'we are trying to catch you out at every given opportunity' which is nice, and hopefully will make the interview itself easier!

ReputationRep:
    Well done everyone who has got interviews!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catshouse)
    Sorry to disappoint but my acknowledgment is 10/10 - over 7 weeks and counting!
    It’s not from the day you receive the acknowledgement mail, the 4-6 week period began when applications closed; 15th October.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 16, 2018

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.