Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering has anyone else got an interview for Glasgow this Friday? ☺️
    From what I’ve heard from a few teachers and friends who have been interviewed there, Glasgow is pretty friendly and focusses more on you and your personality at the interviews than compared with the likes of Edinburgh. My Chem teacher describes it as ‘having a cup o tea with your gran’ haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r33ves1986)
    Haha! I'm happy with the category! Do you know of anyone who has already received rejections from there prior to receiving the form?

Good luck with your other choices, who knows Bristol might miss out on two good candidates if they make us wait much longer haha!
    I haven't heard of anyone being rejected from Bristol without having completed a questionnaire...though that doesn't mean it hasn't happened . Having said that their website states that they are judging the applications 20% GCSE grades, 30% A level predictions and 50% this form we haven't got, so for them to reject someone with only 50% of their application essentially would be pretty silly...!

They also say that they are not taking personal statements into account this year so without getting more information from the questionnaire for all they know Ive got 6 A*s in all humanities subjects....which, impressive as it is...wouldn't make me a great vet student!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tobevetfirmed)
    From what I’ve heard from a few teachers and friends who have been interviewed there, Glasgow is pretty friendly and focusses more on you and your personality at the interviews than compared with the likes of Edinburgh. My Chem teacher describes it as ‘having a cup o tea with your gran’ haha
    Got an interview there but not for Friday...when I went to look round they seemed really friendly and the whole atmosphere was more like 'we want to see what you are like as a person' not 'we are trying to catch you out at every given opportunity' which is nice, and hopefully will make the interview itself easier!

ReputationRep:
    Well done everyone who has got interviews!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catshouse)
    Sorry to disappoint but my acknowledgment is 10/10 - over 7 weeks and counting!
    It’s not from the day you receive the acknowledgement mail, the 4-6 week period began when applications closed; 15th October.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natasha_Faye)
    Just to let you that you’re not allowed to share information from interviews since it gives some people an advantage. Most uni’s make you sign a form saying that you won’t share any information. If they find out you have been sharing examples of the questions then there may be consequences so I would probably delete this. Sorry to be so blunt but I wouldn’t want you to lose your chance at uni for trying to be nice 👍🏼
    Oh I had no idea! Thank you! I thought it'd be okay to say some stuff, but I deleted it just to be on the safe side!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vilverin)
    Oh I had no idea! Thank you! I thought it'd be okay to say some stuff, but I deleted it just to be on the safe side!
    Don’t worry, it’s better to be safe than sorry ☺️ well done on your interview by the way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silver001)
    It’s not from the day you receive the acknowledgement mail, the 4-6 week period began when applications closed; 15th October.
    Still over 6 weeks, I'm only suggesting you don't get your hopes up on a reply by the end of the week. Another uni say 5 weeks on their website, but again that isn't happening either. All in all, it's a long haul either way.

ReputationRep:
    Ive got one there on Friday!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else going to Liverpool on Friday?

ReputationRep:
    Don’t worry, it’s better to be safe than sorry ☺️ well done on your interview by the way
    Thanks, have you had any interviews or offers yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vilverin)
    Thanks, have you had any interviews or offers yet?
    I had my liverpool interview on Monday and haven’t heard anything from anywhere else. I also applied to RVC, Bristol and Nottingham

ReputationRep:
    I had my liverpool interview on Monday and haven’t heard anything from anywhere else. I also applied to RVC, Bristol and Nottingham
    Well best of luck to you! Hope you get an offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Canine Copycat)
    Got an interview there but not for Friday...when I went to look round they seemed really friendly and the whole atmosphere was more like 'we want to see what you are like as a person' not 'we are trying to catch you out at every given opportunity' which is nice, and hopefully will make the interview itself easier!
    Yeah! The atmosphere there is so nice and chummy, makes me actually more excited than nervous to go see it again.

(Original post by AllenMegan)
    Ive got one there on Friday!
    Woo!! Are you staying for the tour as well? I’m so buzzing to meet some other vet applicants. 😛

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview at Liverpool on Monday too. Think I totally messed it up I've applied to the same uni's as you and not heard anything from the others either!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r33ves1986)
    I had my interview at Liverpool on Monday too. Think I totally messed it up I've applied to the same uni's as you and not heard anything from the others either!
    Don’t worry, I’m sure you didn’t do as badly as you thought. Good luck for the rest of your applications!

ReputationRep:
    Woo!! Are you staying for the tour as well? I’m so buzzing to meet some other vet applicants. 😛
    I don't think I am- but I'm not entirely sure!

ReputationRep:
    Are you a Scottish applicant?

(Original post by AllenMegan)
    I don't think I am- but I'm not entirely sure!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by animalmagic)
    Are you a Scottish applicant?

No Im English.. but live just over the south of the border😂

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm struggling to find any major recent vet news (like current affairs in the animal world etc) to learn about in case needed in interview.

Can anyone possibly point me in the right direction?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.