Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brrrigid)
    I’m so sorry to hear this did RVC give a reason why or any feedback for you?
    How are you guys doing with your other choices?
    The said I didn’t meet the threshold score 😕
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luci_00)
    Had an emial from RVC saying they will give everyone a response by the end of next week latest if anyone was curious
    Hello,, thanks a lot for the information . Do you think they imply they will still send invitations next week and rather tons of rejections ??

ReputationRep:
    My RVC interview just came through - I’m so relieved they didn’t forget
    Congrats ! when is your interview date ?
    Do you mind me asking at what time did you received the email ??

ReputationRep:
    Got an unconditional offer from Surrey two days after my interview super excited to start!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A.Francis)
    Got an unconditional offer from Surrey two days after my interview super excited to start!
    Woah congrats! Didn't realise they offered unconditional for vet science?

ReputationRep:
    That is very strange! You definitely got the 5As in the right subjects at GCSE?
    8A*s, 2As and 2Bs with A*AAB A Levels 🙄

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silver001)
    8A*s, 2As and 2Bs with A*AAB A Levels 🙄
    there's no harm in querying! See my reply to someone else, it happened to a friend of mine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kittypollard)
    Just got rejected too...
    They told me I didn’t meet the minimum requirements also - I’m predicted A*A*A* (Maths Bio Chem) and have done about 30 times more than the WE requirements (I am even employed at RVCs showjumping yard!)
    Absolutely heartbroken - had my heart set on RVC since I was about 7
    Same, even worked at Boltons Park for three weeks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sos3095)
    Woah congrats! Didn't realise they offered unconditional for vet science?
    already had my a levels so they gave me unconditional (I'm 19)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A.Francis)
    already had my a levels so they gave me unconditional (I'm 19)
    ah that's amazing, congratulations!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eliseeee)
    Hello,, thanks a lot for the information . Do you think they imply they will still send invitations next week and rather tons of rejections ??
    Yes he said they are still in the process of assessing applications, i took that as they still havent looked through them all. so fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    Think they are rejecting based on GCSEs - just got one too. Criteria says they would review if one grade out but just mark down but seem to be rejecting anyway. Shame as they encouraged me to apply and I could have chosen a different uni.

(Original post by silver001)
    Same, even worked at Boltons Park for three weeks

ReputationRep:
    Interview at Cambridge but got an RVC rejection today and Surrey a little while ago, I met all the work experience and grade requirements so I guess I did something wrong on their questionnaires, just waiting for Bristol now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eliseeee)
    Congrats ! when is your interview date ?
    Do you mind me asking at what time did you received the email ??
    It’s the 19th of December at 13:30, and my email came through at 18:19

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catshouse)
    Think they are rejecting based on GCSEs - just got one too. Criteria says they would review if one grade out but just mark down but seem to be rejecting anyway. Shame as they encouraged me to apply and I could have chosen a different uni.
    You sure its gcses?

ReputationRep:
    I received an update on UCAS track at the start of the week saying I had an interview at RVC but I haven't yet had an email from RVC. Has anyone else had an email which tells you what to bring to interview etc.??

ReputationRep:
    I got an email from Bristol today saying they are still considering my application because of the high number of high quality applications they've had this year. Has anyone else had this email??
    It got me really excited when it came up on my phone because I thought it was an offer, turns out not!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nessie162)
    On waiting list for Surrey, just got an email :/
    Don't give up hope! There's still a chance!! What time was your interview slot by the way and when did you get the email?? I'm worried because I've not heard anything from them yet after my interview on Saturday!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by libby.eaton)
    Don't give up hope! There's still a chance!! What time was your interview slot by the way and when did you get the email?? I'm worried because I've not heard anything from them yet after my interview on Saturday!!
    Me neither, they said they wouldn't make most of the decisions till they'd done more interviews though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luci_00)
    Had an emial from RVC saying they will give everyone a response by the end of next week latest if anyone was curious
    Perfect! Thank you for posting this - really really REALLY want to get an RVC interview but haven’t heard anything yet. Good luck! Xx
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 17, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.