Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    been creeping on this thread for a while. thought I would finally make an account and say hi c:

got interviews from the RVC, Glasgow, and Surrey! I'm really quite worried about all of them to be frank. Are interviewers generally very friendly? Does anyone know anything about the Glasgow interviews? (i.e. do they tend to focus on your personality, or do they focus more on your academic skills?)

also good luck and congrats to anyone who's gotten interviews and/or offers <3 i think it's awesome that all us future vet wannabes have this place to congregate

ReputationRep:
    smileysarah94

Ahah thank you!!

Good luck for Monday, mines Tuesday!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadow478)
    smileysarah94

Ahah thank you!!

Good luck for Monday, mines Tuesday!
    You're welcome! And thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LV99)
    Do you mind me asking when you sent off your questionnaire form?
    I sent it off on November 4th and got a confirmation email on Nov 7th, so it's been 4 weeks
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Shadow478)
    Hey everyone!

This is probably a really stupid question, but those who have had interviews (specifically Liverpool) what were you/other people wearing??

I don’t know whether I should wear a suit or jeans and a nice top or something in between for some reason it’s stressing me out more than the interview!!

Any help is appreciated (I’m a girl btw)
    Thanks guys!!
    just something smart, a full suit might be a little OTT! definitely avoid jeans. For me, trousers are always a safer bet than skirts/dresses because there's always a risk with the latter that they'll be a little short or it'll be windy and you'll end up flashing everyone.
    Comfy shoes are a must because most interviews have a lot of walking (from car parks, train stations, campus tours etc.). I wore heels for mine and I've seen plenty of people wear them but I would recommend taking some flats in your bag if you decide to wear heels and remember, while looking professional is good they're interested more in you as a person than the clothes you wear!

Good luck for your interviews x

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I’m an EU applicant and haven’t heard from Glasgow yet... should I be worried ?

ReputationRep:
    To help Jo547 has anyone else from Scotland or EU not heard from Glasgow yet or does anyone know how long Glasgow are interviewing for? I know they interviewed throughout the last week.

(Original post by Jo547)
    Hey! I’m an EU applicant and haven’t heard from Glasgow yet... should I be worried ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VictiniCup)
    How did you get those predicted those grades with those results? My predicted grade are ABB. managed to get a C in AS maths, which I'm really annoyed about. Didn't sit as levels in bio and chem but are consistently getting Bs in chemistry key assessments and failing bio assessments. Unfortunately, my chem and bio are at a B and it's really messing up my application. Sorry for the rant.
    Honestly I don't know how I was predicted those grades. It might be because of how I do in class but I just think because I got 3 A*s in GCSE science and an A in GCSE Maths they have too much faith in me and that just adds pressure to me to do well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DinkleberryQueen)
    Honestly I don't know how I was predicted those grades. It might be because of how I do in class but I just think because I got 3 A*s in GCSE science and an A in GCSE Maths they have too much faith in me and that just adds pressure to me to do well
    I suppose different colleges work differently.

ReputationRep:
    Is there anyone else who hasn't heard from the RVC or Surrey yet? I'm kinda resigning myself to rejection at this point

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CecileColes)
    The said I didn’t meet the threshold score 😕
    Same😕 maybe they wanted a wider variety of work experience or didn’t like the personal statement?😕 met the requirements though
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Same, I still haven't heard back from RVC and not knowing if they can still send out interviews is stressful

(Original post by Poplip)
    Is there anyone else who hasn't heard from the RVC or Surrey yet? I'm kinda resigning myself to rejection at this point

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by godhatesyashu)
    been creeping on this thread for a while. thought I would finally make an account and say hi c:

got interviews from the RVC, Glasgow, and Surrey! I'm really quite worried about all of them to be frank. Are interviewers generally very friendly? Does anyone know anything about the Glasgow interviews? (i.e. do they tend to focus on your personality, or do they focus more on your academic skills?)

also good luck and congrats to anyone who's gotten interviews and/or offers <3 i think it's awesome that all us future vet wannabes have this place to congregate
    Hey! I've not sat my RVC interview yet, but I sat my Surrey interview last Saturday (25/11/17) and received an offer the following Monday (27/11/17).

At Surrey they had a really nice welcoming presentation which helped me calm down a bit, but I was still literally shaking all the way through right up until we went in to the interview room. My interviewers weren't particularly mean, or particularly friendly - neutral is the best word, with the odd nod or smile every now and again. It was hard for me to guess whether they approved of what I was saying and that's probably their intention. Just be confident in your ability and answers and make sure you come across as such, but not arrogantly so.

Liverpool was a massive contrast - the interviewers were all really friendly and engaged with me in conversations and debates.

ReputationRep:
    SURREY AND BRISTOL APPLICANTS

Hey,

Just thought I should share my sitution with anyone who hasnt heard from Bristol!

Last week I was rejected from Bristol before even being sent the WEPAPA, as i thought this went against the admissions statement I sent an email asking why I would have been rejected so early despite meeting the criteria.

It turns out that the WEPAPA must have gone to my junk email and as i never completed it, was automatically rejected! The admissions team have been great and re sent it but long story short, CHECK YOUR JUNK EMAILS REGULARLY!!

Secondly, have any Surrey applicants that were interviewed on the 25th heard back?!

I know I should be patient but Surrey is my dream and i'm worried about how the interview went!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freyaheath12)
    SURREY AND BRISTOL APPLICANTS

Hey,

Just thought I should share my sitution with anyone who hasnt heard from Bristol!

Last week I was rejected from Bristol before even being sent the WEPAPA, as i thought this went against the admissions statement I sent an email asking why I would have been rejected so early despite meeting the criteria.

It turns out that the WEPAPA must have gone to my junk email and as i never completed it, was automatically rejected! The admissions team have been great and re sent it but long story short, CHECK YOUR JUNK EMAILS REGULARLY!!

Secondly, have any Surrey applicants that were interviewed on the 25th heard back?!

I know I should be patient but Surrey is my dream and i'm worried about how the interview went!
    About Surrey: quite a few of us have now. A couple of people got an offer on Monday, then on Thursday (I think) more offers were given in addition to updates for being on the waiting list for interview (and I think for offers too).

ReputationRep:
    So confused as to how RVC can be rejecting without interview for GCSEs and W/Exp,
    at an open day they stated they don't discriminate applicants with greater work experience than the necessary and higher GCSE grades. As a result my whole application relies on this being the case,
    haven't received rejection or invitation yet but being as it's this far in the process I'm not expecting the latter any more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 00red5023)
    So confused as to how RVC can be rejecting without interview for GCSEs and W/Exp,
    at an open day they stated they don't discriminate applicants with greater work experience than the necessary and higher GCSE grades. As a result my whole application relies on this being the case,
    haven't received rejection or invitation yet but being as it's this far in the process I'm not expecting the latter any more.
    The RVC have about 1000 people applying with only giving out about half of these people interviews. Unfortunately that does mean, even if you do have the entry requirement - due to the vast number of people applying, you may simply not receive an interview it's a shame but sometimes the smallest things can mean you don't get one! Doesn't mean you aren't good enough, sometimes just the luck of the draw!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sos3095)
    The RVC have about 1000 people applying with only giving out about half of these people interviews. Unfortunately that does mean, even if you do have the entry requirement - due to the vast number of people applying, you may simply not receive an interview it's a shame but sometimes the smallest things can mean you don't get one! Doesn't mean you aren't good enough, sometimes just the luck of the draw!
    Yeah, I understand the competitiveness of the course at RVC, just a bit irritated at the ambiguity of their information. Perhaps it was relayed wrong to me. TY for the response
    Congratulations to all those with interviews. For myself, I'm still unsure as to how much better I could be to obtain one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 00red5023)
    Yeah, I understand the competitiveness of the course at RVC, just a bit irritated at the ambiguity of their information. Perhaps it was relayed wrong to me. TY for the response
    Congratulations to all those with interviews. For myself, I'm still unsure as to how much better I could be to obtain one.
    I think they are still looking at applications though, so if you haven't heard yet don't worry! No news is good news!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sos3095)
    I think they are still looking at applications though, so if you haven't heard yet don't worry! No news is good news!!
    Haha I hope so. I've interviews from Liverpool and Cambridge, yet to hear from Edinburgh and RVC.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 21, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.